If G@G did away with the Anon option, would you leave gag, or log in less?

... just curious. Thanks!

• Yes, i would leave
  • I would not leave, and would not be on less
  • I would be on gag less

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd leave. I started going anon because I got sick of people tagging me or trying to message me.

• Yeah, i go anon so certain people can't always just on some of my opinions

• Jump on*

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't care, I hardly go anon anyways.

A lot of trolls would develop accounts only for that reason.

Some of the other users with more established identities on GaG that love to troll anon would probably do it less often or make a fake account for that purpose.

In regards to privacy, a fair amount of graphic or sensitive subjects wouldn't get the amount of detail and honesty they now receive with the option to hide the identity.

• Yeah, good points! I agree!

What Guys Said 17

• I don't post anon much, but I'd leave out of principle. Reddit is better anyway. aha

• Is Reddit similar to GaG?

• GaG is a bunch of kids lying about their "experience" and giving idealistic advice about relationship problems, reddit is the front page of the internet lol. There's way more topics than this place.

• Makes no difference to me cause I've only used it like 4-5 times but on my profile it shows a bigger difference cause of the format change, old opinions weren't included

• Having the annon option allows people to be honest about how they feel or the situation. As if its an ask if its embarsing they may not want to share details if it can be traced back to them. Vice versa if its a hot topic with no true best answer there will always be disputes but people dont have to hate each other for it.

• Good point! I like your opinion! Thanks!

• I very rarely go anonymous, so the feature going away wouldn't affect me personally.

• I would leave because then I couldn't ask all the anonymous penis-related questions that everyone loves.

• I only go anonymous for those guessing questions o_o

• I've only used that option like maybe 10 times in total, so no I would not leave GAG or log in less.

• Wouldn't bother me none, I don't go anon.

• wouldn't change a thing for me apart from less Trolls to deal with lol

• Nah, my opinions are my opinions. If people don't like it oh well, that's just how I am. But it would suk that I can't ask my hypothetical questions that I like askin. lol

• I'd actually get on more

• i would stay the same, i hardly ever use it anymore

• Indifferent. But asks will drop a lot.
    We don't have the right to have to know who the person is.

• wouldn't change a thing for me. I rarely post anon

• I would leave eventually. However, I'd try to use it without anon but I'm sure I'd leave in short time.

• Yeah I'd leave straight away. The anon button is what makes this site much better than most sites

• I would be on gag less.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't use anon on here, so I personally wouldn't be affected by the anon option being removed. My activity would remain the same. However, I know that for a lot of users, it'd mean they would stop using the site.

• I would not leave or be on less. Yeah, I go anon sometimes, but if they take the anon feature away, then I just won't answer or ask questions that I may have otherwise gone anon on before. No biggie.

• Lol, no. I barely go Anonymous anyways, nothing would change for me.

• The only time I've ever used the anon feature is for those guess who games, and a few times when I disavowed one or two questions so it naturally became anon.

• I wouldn't leave nor would I use the site any less. I haven't posted as anonymous in a long time, so it doesn't bother me.

• Anon is useless for me anyways. I'll stay.

• I never use the anon feature so...

• I don't use the feature anymore do it wouldn't make a difference to me.

• It wouldn't make any difference at all for myself. I would be here the same amount of time.

• Nothing for me would be affected so, I would still be on here.

• I would not carr