I have an idea: G@G moderator tag. Thoughts?

Ever come across a question or opinion that is clearly unacceptable for the site? I've had this problem before I was mod, and I still cannot hide questions. When this happens, I try to tag whatever S-mods or U-mods that I think are available.
BUT WHAT IF...
G@G were to implement an @Mod tag that would send a notification to ALL MODS simultaneously? We could even have the notifications disappear when the need for a mod has been fulfilled.
So what are your thoughts? Discuss below!!! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanks for this idea epiman94. There is a feature similar to the one you described, in our plans. The implementation will be a bit different but we will try to channel reports to mods more efficiently.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like it could be useful! That way, if you don't know a mod's username, you'd know that someone will see it eventually at least.

• That seems like a good idea but I don't know

What Guys Said 2

• Lol I like being a mod and stuff but like with that issue we talked about before and more often then not people would tag us in something that really doesn't need to be modded... or will just get put back on the site. Its the Admins job to mod each and everything that comes through as reported so we can't take that job over necessarily.

• So you say it'd be like the REPORTING system, but if a normal mod did it then super/uber mods would be notified too?

I think that sounds reasonable. Honestly, I'm generally surprised that a post being "reported" only shows up for the admins, and not for the moderators (of appropriate level to hide the content). There are only 4 admins! I'm pretty sure they have better things to do.

• Yeah, pretty much. Instead of people just reporting stuff, they could effectively bring it to attention of the Moderator team so it can be hidden until admin can deal with it, because as you said, they have lots to do for just 4 people.