Can we block anonymous questions so we're not tempted to get into potentially idiotic conversations?

• That would be good.
  • I just avoid them.
  • No, I love pointless arguing.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sure would be good but on the other hand there are also countless normal or even interesting questions asked by anonymous simply because some people seem to feel the need to always be anonymous for some reason, so by blocking the entire anonymous section of gag you might miss out on those questions as well.
    I see your point but for me personally, I don't think I'd use that feature as I would still be curious for the interesting questions asked by anonymous & I would just keep trying to ignore the idiotic ones.

• That's true. Most anonymous trolls are guys while most anonymously genuine questions come from girls.

• @JuicyBrain Pretty ridiculous...

• Ugh, I keep seeing those way too much 😪 @JuicyBrain

What Guys Said 12

• If you don't like the question and feel like it will only bring "pointless arguments" then don't answer it, I don't see why anonymous questions as a whole should be blocked in general just because a few people don't like heated discussions.

• No, the point I'm making is an individual could do that - just for themselves... Not entire site...
      Heated - sure.
      Idiotic - no.
      - not the same at all...

• @FakeName123 Aren't you anonymous right now? o. O
      Point made.

• To an extent. While I am anonymous, I don't have my nickname anonymous - thus I have a past and people will still judge me on prior comments I have made.

• What? You mean avoid trolls? No, no you cannot. Lol.

• For me, B comes closer to the truth: I generally avoid them except if the question is okay. And if someone starts arguing with me, I stop the discussion. I simply don't react anymore...

• Technically, anonymity is not the only reason behind why some conversations are "potentially idiotic". Some conversations are just as silly, but people actually have their names on it.

• True, but the probability of it being idiotic goes from 15% to 95% when they're anonymous.

• No, I love trolling, what else would I do bored at work?

• No, sometimes, the most interesting questions are anonymous, because people tend to unleash their imagination when they are incognito :P

• You can block them or alternatively you can just ignore them. You aren't forced to respond to anonymous questions.

• Most anonymous posters are brilliant and geniuses

• I chose C because I never have a problem discussing the length of unicorn horns and the prices of onion rings at Burger King.

• I love arguing but then again I'm never really anonymous

• That would be really helpful, though you can also choose to not answer them

• Sure why bother I get into plenty of idiotic questions that are not anon.

What Girls Said 3

• When I go anon, it's because I don't want to get PM'd. If someone, anon or not, starts trying to argue over something silly, I stop replying. I agree with you, I dislike pointless idiotic conversations. :/ I went ahead and voted for I just avoid them.

• It's probably a better idea to simply activate self-control and practice self-discipline rather than asking GAG to invent a feature so you don't have to. If you block all of the anonymous questions, then you will also inevitably block those people who are using the anonymous feature to be transparent and vulnerable in a way that gives you insight you would have never had if it weren't' for the anony feature. Yes, some people abuse the anonymous feature, use it with the wrong intention, or fail to take advantage of what it can do but not everyone does.

• Just don't answer the idiotic questions.