Did you ever get blocked by somebody on GAG because they were losing an argument with you?

The purpose of blocking is to silence an asshole not to gain the upper hand in an argument and ensure yourself the last word.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes its fun. Especially when we are arguing about the age limit here on GAG, they'll say people under 18 are too immature to be here but when I disagree they curse at me a little and block me (because that's how mature they are).

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, the "asshole" is the one who needs to block the other user in order to feel like he won an argument. It's pathetic. And yes, I've been blocked several times by people who are like that. They run out of brain, so they insult you, and then they block you so that you can't retort.

• I said "several times"; I forgot the question was about GAG. I've only been blocked once here, I think.

What Girls Said 14

• A few times. I have a policy of not blocking someone unless they won't stop messaging me with arguments that make no sense, so I can't even reply with a reasonable answer. If those sorts of things happen, I try to bare with it and continue replying until they've run out of completely senseless replies and block me.

Which tbqh, I take as a pat on the back for managing to at the very least, shut them up. :P

• Yes just recently it happened. I found it very funny :) mostly because she was really starting to look dumb and was so mad typing she couldn't spell properly. The profanity used determined a lot about her as a person so it was entertaining. She blocked me though because she couldn't win any other way lol

• All the freaking time haha

• I hate to argue.

It's pointless, I come here to have fun not to fight with people.

Maybe I've been blocked for that reason, I really don't know.

I usually reply with "yes, thanks, okay"... Even if they offend me.

Arguing is stupid.

Life is too short for drama

• yep XD

filler

• Yeah, it happens all the time.

• The life of people on the Internet.

• You have no idea it happens all the time and they don't just do it because they're losing the argument but also to get the last word.

It's sad really... When I disagree with someone I say what I have to say and get on with my life I'll even let them say what they have to sa. I think it's rather childish to block people over such a silly reason which I why I don't.

• Yep. I proved a guy wrong about something about women and he said 'blah blah blah blocked'

• there's a saying I think applies strongly to this site.
      "Intelligent people will always win an argument, but you can never win an argument against an idiot."

• That's because idiots believe an alternate form of reality.

• Yes and it's amusing because they've clearly lost if they have to block me - but also irritating.

• Only one time. I think it's funny. :D

• Yes not just on gag

• Yup. I've done that many a time.

• Yeah, I think it's happened once or twice.

What Guys Said 19

• ya that's pretty much how it always goes

• I thought I could tolerate everyone here until I started coming across people who blocked when the argument wasn't going in their favor. I even made a list of them on my profile.

• Haha yes! Esplorare blocked me cuz she was calling all white people racist and i told her that was racist. She was like "white people dismiss my pov and take away my voice" in her initial rant and when i told her that was racist she said it's not racist cuz it's true or something equally asinine. Then she pms me about "i don't appreciate your pov and I'm taking away your voice" and i just laughed.

That's the only i really remember outright cuz she was the first. But it's always racists or misogynists.

• Happens all the time. It's actually quite hilarious after a while.

• Happens all the time. It usually resorts to the person getting illogical.. they start getting off topic and name calling. When it doesn't seem like it phases me they block me.

• Yep, many times xD

• Yes. They would then unblock me to continue the argument, then quickly block again. Then a short while latter unblock to add "what no response". Then block again.

• Of course i did. People usually don't like it when you counter their "argument" (not even a real argument, just something they say because they think so) with solid line of logic and proof.

• I don't argue I make the other person mad until I get bored

• I never got into an argument... well, not a heated one.

• Not that I remember.

• All the time. No big deal.

• Miss gravytrain blocks you for everything. Anything that goes against her ideals, delusional or not.

• I try to avoid arguments as much as I can, and I rarely block people due to an argument unless they block me first...

• It hasn't happened to me yet and I have no interest in having arguments with people online.

• No, that has never happened. Then again, I'm not very argumentative.

• Yep a few times

• A few times, mainly when I pointed out flaws in arguments or their use of 'straw man' 'tu quoque','ad hominem' , 'false dichotomy' etc. Or when I explained facets of my work (music) that were not much understood, or where their knowledge was flat-out wrong, or they would assert the weirdest takes such as "Mozart chords are dead, today we use synths...".

• Several times.