You've been accused of copying an answer, but you never read any answers first; and when defending yourself, you find you're blocked?

I never read anybody's opinions before I answer, I just jump in and write my response. I have formed my opinions through hard work through the years, and I am never a cut and paste type, unless I am providing a link. Most of my opinions are so well-formed and sources are well-remembered, so I don't stop until the flow of words comes out.

Just now this happened: my answer was identical to someone else's who had posted before me, and I used spellings that are British, because though American, I prefer that spelling. That other answerer had used the same spelling (most likely because they are British). The answer was two words only, but long enough to pass the "sorry this answer is too short" test. The asker accused me of copying, and I responded that it wasn't true. They then accused me again, even saying the punctuation at the end of the sentence was the same. I know I put my question mark in because I wasn't sure if that was an answer they were looking for, or if they had already rejected it for being off-base. So I was questioning whether I could be correct.

But before I could refute (again), they blocked me. I am guilty without being able to prove innocence. We were both ANON, by the way. No way to contact per se.

Do you think this is just the way the internet is? Do you think I should have the right via the Admin to force them to respond (i. e. Admin forcibly reveals our handles to each other so we can talk) just this one time? Should Admin talk with them (with we two posters out of the loop)? or do you think there is an alternate solution?

• This is just the way the internet is, deal with it
  • That was rude, Admin should "un"-anon your handles for just this one communication
  • Admin communicates to them directly, and neither of you may do that directly
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• A - yeah... It's just the way it is...

Most Helpful Guy

• Just another perfect day on GAG.

• It was like the question was: "what was the first capital of California?" and my answer was: "San Jose?" as if not sure. The perfect Karma is if this happens to them. That's the only way judgmental people ever learn, shoe on the other foot.

by the way I loved your answer.

What Girls Said 1

• I get blocked all the time by people who are too scared to have a discussion, it doesn't matter, just get on with it.

What Guys Said 1

• "I never read anybody's opinions before I answer, I just jump in and write my response. I have formed my opinions through hard work through the years, and I am never a cut and paste type, unless I am providing a link. Most of my opinions are so well-formed and sources are well-remembered, so I don't stop until the flow of words comes out.

Do you think this is just the way the internet is? Do you think I should have the right via the Admin to force them to respond (i. e. Admin forcibly reveals our handles to each other so we can talk) just this one time? Should Admin talk with them (with we two posters out of the loop)? or do you think there is an alternate solution?" This is just the way the internet is, deal with it