If someone has blocked you, do you think you should be able to take away the points you gave them in the past?

Just like it says. There is this person whom I have generally upvoted due to their mostly sound opinion. After stating my logical objections to their stance in this particular MyTake, they blocked me. by the way I have given this particular person at least 50-60 points by now. There was really nothing wrong with my counter-argument except it showed that their basic premise was flawed (and untrue). Should I be able to retract all points given to them? I feel betrayed, as I would never block anyone due to an opinion; I would try to talk it out in all cases, or just ignore the question and move on to another on GaG.

• YES, and give reasons
  • NO, and give reasons
  • OTHER

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, why even care about that. Would probably overload the site too since it would have to keep recounting everyone's xper since people block each other left and right.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's kinda funny when someone blocks you, it means something you said struck a nerve and they can't handle it. It's a sign of their weakness is all, no big deal. Unless of course your calling names and shit or stalking etc..

• I think you are right. I might have jolted their belief system so much they had no recourse but to be in denial - and feeling defensive, lashed out. Thanks. by the way I don't call names, and I follow almost no one.

• @nileve ^^ lesser of two evils in my opinion.

• @nileve No I understand you, I'm just saying walking away is being big about it, blocking someone is not.

Unless, obviously, there is good reason like someone being a legit asshole or something.

What Girls Said 10

• No it's not worth it. If you given that person points they must've deserved them and the both of you not ending on good terms isn't reason enough to take them away from that person.

Trust me I despise someone on here but she has had some occasional valid opinions while other times she's a racist, hypocritical, bigot that looks down upon others. For the things I've agreed with her on and the times when she actually cared about the subject I gave her her props so I'm not going to take that away from her just like you shouldn't take that away from whoever that guy is... It isn't even worth it.

• No, I don't really care. It's whatever.

• why let them get satisfaction of knowing they got to you.

• No , past Is the past they liked you then

• There's a point system in gag? I'm not aware of one by the way didn't read the description

• Yes there is you earn points left and right by asking questions, leaving opinions, getting most helpful, selecting most helpful, writing a MyTake, logging in, etc.

Your points are always kept track of that's why your level changes everyone starts at level one.
      You can vview how many points you've earned and how you've earned them by going to xper it's in between follows and settings. You can also get rewards with these points and they are also listed under xper.

If you're ever wondering what is your exper rank (how active you are compared to other people) just go to your profile and click activity summary and it will tell you.

If you have any other questions just click the link and it will give you more info:
      http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper

• I feel like the code required to do that would require too much memory in order to work, and this site is slow to load to begin with.

• I don't know... its just points

• Yes, simply because I'm petty.

• I see, you're not the kind of person to seek revenge.

• That sounds like too much work to implement onto the website. Just forget about it dude, it doesn't really matter.

What Guys Said 9

• no. this is what's called a get over it moment. sure you're frustrated by the user's inability to grasp whatever argument you put to them, but there's no need to go down to their level and start looking to magically take away points. eventually that bad idea is going to affect everyone if it ever became policy, just get over it and move on.

• I don't think so, why care about it. Just ignore that person and move on.

• I don't know. Just because they blocked you, doesn't mean that their previous opinions are any different - unless they changed their minds. But how can you know if they will do that? I think blocking someone for stating an opinion is immature, but so is retaliating in a similar fashion.

• I understand the idea, but that would complicate the shit out of the algorithm for XPer calculation! :-P

• No not really just let it be and move along

• Nope I could care less usually people who block me I forget about them within weeks

• No because the points really dont matter.

• No it's the internet not real life even if it was real life I still wouldn't care if someone cut me off.

• What does it matter?