Can you make a myTake gender specific?

I know that you can make a question on GaG gender specific, but can you do this for myTake's? They give you the option like they do for questions on myTake's at the bottom of the page, but whenever I've done it, I notice that both sexes are able to reply. I find gender specific questions helpful especially when I'm talking about something that pertains clearly only to one sex, and I like to post ones in takes that do the same, but it seems to automatically allow anybody to write in.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like questions, you can select who you want your myTake to be for (girls, boys, or both). However, both genders can still leave a response on the myTake. Selecting a specific gender simply helps us categorize myTakes better :)

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, it is possible to choose one specific gender as the audience while posting a myTake, the same way you post a question. But I don't know if it actually works for a myTake, because I haven't written one in a while.

What Girls Said 1

• all sexes can always reply to both questions or my takes. The gender selection is there to get the gender's attention via the headline :)