Do you think the makers of G@G should make a TeenG@G?

First of all this is not my idea. I saw another post about this, and I've been thinking about it ever since. I am simply bringing it up again.

So do you think they should make a separate G@G site for under 18 users only?

I am an under 18 user, but i have disquised myself as an 18-24 year old user in order to avoid discrimination (which i knew i would face if i had told my true age).

I actually really want to see a TeenG@G because there would be no more discrimination. I would finally be free to be me. Plus i could converse with more people my age--the people I'm usually seeking advice from to begin with.

I want to start a petition to make this happen! I want TeenG@G! So what do you guys think? Who's with me?

• Good idea
  • Bad idea

Most Helpful Girl

• That sounds like a terrible idea. Then the pedophiles would have an even easier time than they do now. Like do you know how much time mods spend pulling down and tracking down gross older people hitting on teenagers? It's a huge part of our time.

Like look at this thread. Does this make you think there should be a site without older users?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1745151-everyone-how-old-do-you-think-she-is

• Did you miss the part about ONLY under 18 users being allowed access to the alternative site?

Ik you are going to say "well they can still lie about their age", so I'll go ahead and give you my response. It'll make it easier for the staff members to track down these sketchy users because it'd be relatively easy for them to tell when someone is lying about their age, and they can remove them fairly quickly--especially if they hire a separate staff specifically for the new site.

• I watching Jared Fogel's crazy, pervy ass on Dr. Phil as I read that comment. smdh

• @Esplorare ugh good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is my thing about teen users- Yes the skew GAG towards virgins/naive/un-experienced/etc. And sometimes they can have way too much drama. BUT this is a place where people come to learn form the other sex. At what age do you need that information more than in your teens when you are precisely what I just described?

I joined as a teen user like five years ago, and I got great information from older users on things I was too embarrassed to either ask, or would have been difficult to figure out myself- and I am very thankful to this site for that reason.

Now... I would think the ability to keep teen users from commenting may be useful. For as much as I enjoy helping teens out with their problems with my own experiences, it is admittedly annoying to have the majority of my questions answered by teens with opinions that skew my responses towards naive/inexperienced.

I am not saying this should be implicated as it could do more harm than good i. e. alienating teens from most of GAG, but I would like SOMETHING, but not a separate site.

What Girls Said 12

• They could also just have a separate category for teens. I think eliminating teens from this site and having a separate site for teens only would not be super helpful for every teen. Some of the advice given from older users can really be valuable to a teen who wouldn't get that same advice from other teens. For silly things like "rate me" posts, there could be a separate category for teens, but there doesn't need to be a whole different website.

• I didn't say that the teens should be forced off of the original site, i just think they should he given the alternative site so that they can convert if they choose.

• Even so, making a whole separate site would be a bit much, I think. If there are teens who don't want older users to post on their question, maybe they could add an option that prevents them from doing so, sort of like the "don't allow anonymous answers" option. If they do that and/or add a separate category for teens, I think that would be enough.

• Well first of all, if they made a "teen" category, then how would we separate the questions within that into other categories? It would be horribly disorganized because you could ask a question about anything and put it in the "teen" category, and then there would be no other categories.

The age restriction for asking questions is a good idea, but it still doesn't solve the issue of discrimination when teens are giving advice rather than seeking it.

Plus, it could backfire. Soon enough, every adult on the site would make a habit of blocking teens from all the questions they ask, since obviously they all view us as giving worthless advice.

• sorry one moment... why do u think that as an under 18 youd be discriminated? this site wasn't designed for adults only. if it was, then there'd b no under 18 option =]
    dont let idiot users here get to ur head. a lot of us adults interact just fine with under 18's here and i even consider some my friends.

• Because at first i made an account with my true age, and my opinions were dismissed withoit recognition, and i was treated like my advice was worthless.

Then i made a new account with an age of 18-24, and the difference in how i was treated was ASTOUNDING. I am living proof of how teens get treated differently on this site.

• i see. well I'm sorry u went through that. =/
      i think it's important to allow yourself to connect with the nicer people here. whatever account u have, it's helpful to find people u click with and just be yourself. dont worry about how others treat u. if they discriminate, thats their terrible behaviour, not ur issue.

• Great idea! To add onto this awesome recommendation, there should be some type of feature where adults who don't mind being around the teens can opt to have their questions and posts in their GAG environment.

• Got it covered. Refer to my response to RebelOfNoWhere's opinion.

• Coming from a teen, yes, but I bet you anything the creepy mofos on here will rush to it and pose as teens.

• It's a good idea but you really shouldn't fake your age. If you want accurate advise it's the only way to go. Besides the majority of the time, from your (collective teens) questions I can tell you're not 24 anyway.

• I'm sorry, i must be out of it or something. I can't decipher your comment.

• Too much work for too little payoff. People here will discriminate for all sorts of reasons. Not just your age. Making a whole new website wouldn't solve anything.
    I've also had some experience with a teen only website and it was basically a playground for the pedos.

• kinda a good idea but also not really cause thered be so many fuck boys an attention whores all over it. more than now.

• It is time for GAG to give birth to a babygag.

• Yeah. Make something that would better cater to your needs.

• I'm not trying to be selfish. Its not just about my needs. I thought it would be beneficial to the majority of us.

• I meant the plural "your"

• Oh ok sorry 😅

• Yea why not.
    by the way who made gag? That s a pretty smart thing to do

• I don't consider it a good idea. Teenagers have many things to offer to the site, plus sometimes they need guidance from older people.
    Plus, if there was a site like gag for teenagers, then imagine how many pedophiles would try to sign up under false age in order to manipulate younger people.
    I feel bad about the fact that some users have a tendency to discriminate younger people. Teenagers have their own voice and older people should not look down on them nor should they patronize them.
    However, you should learn to ignore people who discriminate in general. They are not worth your time anyway.

• Lets end discrimination through segregation?

• It wouldn't be segregation unless they forced all of the under 18 users to leave the orginal site. I never said anything about that though. I said that i think they should make an alternative site so that the under 18 users can convert if they wish.

I think it would be more beneficial to us, because we would be able to recieve more advice that we fan relate to. Also, it might be safer. With all of these stories of old men creeping on the under 18 users, if we all moved to another site, we wouldn't have that problem.

• Hmmm I see what you're saying bro, I feel ya. If people want it then that's fine.

What Guys Said 11

• haha TeenG@G sounds like a porn category

• Thank you for helping me prove my point. I'm so tired of the dismissive comments us under 18 users get from the okder users. We are never taken seriously. If we were able to converse with only eachother, i believe everyone would be treated with more respect. Plus, we would be out of YOUR hair.

Not to mention the creepy comments as well.

• At first I thought that this is a good idea, but now don't think it is. Who better to get advice from than people who have experienced more things and know more than you. I think it's more beneficial for teenagers to get advice from older members when compared to getting advice from other teenagers. What might seem like a big deal or confusing to the youngsters of gag most of the time seems pretty simple and easy for those who have much more life experiences and therefore their advice is usually much better.

• Maybe they can add an age range for replies to questions or comments like they do for anon users. I'll admit it gets annoying sometimes when I have a question or make a statement and there's a 15 year old that gives me advice that is usually terrible to no fault of their own (no offense, but it's true) and then I have to explain why certain things are the way they are and basically end up lecturing them so they understand things better.

• Refer to my comment on RebelOfNowhere's opinion.

It'd be a way to filter out the unhelpful people and only grant access to those who will actually share wisdom with us teens. I think they should allow helpful adult users on TeenG@G to post myTakes, but get the rest of our advuce from our peers.

• How can you learn when you're dealing with people around your age? People with little life experience and knowledge about important stuff.
    I see underage kids in here talking about sex, and I bet you if you follow what they say, in 2 months you'll have some STD and in 9 months you'll be a father.

If they wanna do TeenG@G, I don't care, I wouldn't use it, but I think it wouldn't be beneficial for the users, as they won't get to learn as much as you can learn from older people in here.

• It's not an issue of discrimination, it's more of an issue of in appropriate content for under 18, and too many under 18 people asking questions that make legal adults uneasy answering. Those people that do answer unabashedly are creeps and need to learn not to talk to kids at all.

• I beg to differ. We teens do face discrimination. It may not be intentional, but our comments are usually dismissed without recognition, and our advice is viewed as worthless because we are "less experienced" or "don't know what we are talking about".

But discrimination isn't the only problem. I agree, the inappropriate content is a problem as well. It may not bother me much, as I'm on the higher end of my teens, but for those who are in their earlier teens it does seem to get unconfortable at times.

• See, you don't actually know anything about discrimination,

• How do you figure? I literally just stated proof of how teens are being discriminated while almost stating the definition of discrimination at the same time.

• As a teen I would rather ask questions and get advice from experienced adults and not other teenagers. Not saying teens dont give good advice, but its nice to get opinions from a variety of ages. If there was a teen G@G I would just lie about my age and go to the adult site.

• Yes, that can be a good idea.

• teengag would be a bit stupid to me, honestly.

Sure teens can help eachother, but it's the older people who have more life experience who might be able to help the teens further

• No I don't think it would happen nor do I think it should.

• No it destroys the point of this site, people helping each other. Adults often can help terms better with their problems so splitting it up would reduce the quality of the answers a lot.

• On A side note, I assume all anon posts are teens, regardless of what they say

• i'd just stop using gag altogether its a website not a fucking school lol