So why the hell is "too many opinions posted in a short time" a rule now?

• I don't know but its stupid
    75% (21)83% (10)78% (31)Vote
  • What they said above.
    25% (7)17% (2)22% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
11|5

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't even know this was a thing!

I think it's to reduce spamming but also keep the points given away at a reasonable number.

Crazy though. You taught me something new about GaG, and I've been here over 3 years.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's actually been here for more than half a year. It only happens if you are really fast about giving opinions.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• What? I didn't even know this was a thing! When did this start happening? How many opinions is too much? How short of a time period is too short? :S

1|0
    0|0
  • How extreme is it? I think if someone is trying to post a lot of opinions in a short time that only consist of 5 words then that's fair enough lol but if someone is being somewhat helpful and then gets that then that's NOT COOOOOL

2|0
    0|0
  • It's actually been that way for a long time... Why does it pop up sometimes and other times it doesn't I have no clue?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's been like that for a while now... just wait a minute or two and keep going.

0|0
    0|0
    • I had to wait like 40 minutes. FOR REAL. 😐

• Hmm... maybe they've increased the wait time then? The last I ever heard of this, the wait wasn't very long at all. Maybe they're trying to crack down on spammers. I don't even know anymore.

• Never happened to me. I guess that's a good thing😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but its stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • The feature is nothing new. It's been here for years.

2|0
    0|0
  • I haven't had it happen to me. Guess I'm not being as helpful, haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of quality
    giving up too many points
    irritates others

0|0
    0|0
  • It hasn't happened to me yet.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I have seen similar things on other sites, they are to stop spamming or Xper grabbing. In theory you could type out I agree with this then copy it and paste it on a thousand questions in a row then get a 1,000 Xper in an hour.
    It depends on what the ratio is - Allowing two answers per minute seems reasonable.

0|1
    0|0
  • So far I haven't remarked it... I usually take my time for opinions so probably the time interval is long enough :D

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I encountered that last night, when did that become a thing

0|0
    0|0
  • It is? Since when?

0|0
    0|0