So why the hell is "too many opinions posted in a short time" a rule now?

• I don't know but its stupid
  • What they said above.

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't even know this was a thing!

I think it's to reduce spamming but also keep the points given away at a reasonable number.

Crazy though. You taught me something new about GaG, and I've been here over 3 years.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's actually been here for more than half a year. It only happens if you are really fast about giving opinions.

What Girls Said 10

• What? I didn't even know this was a thing! When did this start happening? How many opinions is too much? How short of a time period is too short? :S

• How extreme is it? I think if someone is trying to post a lot of opinions in a short time that only consist of 5 words then that's fair enough lol but if someone is being somewhat helpful and then gets that then that's NOT COOOOOL

• It's actually been that way for a long time... Why does it pop up sometimes and other times it doesn't I have no clue?

• It's been like that for a while now... just wait a minute or two and keep going.

• I had to wait like 40 minutes. FOR REAL. 😐

• Hmm... maybe they've increased the wait time then? The last I ever heard of this, the wait wasn't very long at all. Maybe they're trying to crack down on spammers. I don't even know anymore.

• Never happened to me. I guess that's a good thing😊

• I don't know but its stupid

• The feature is nothing new. It's been here for years.

• I haven't had it happen to me. Guess I'm not being as helpful, haha.

• Lack of quality
    giving up too many points
    irritates others

• It hasn't happened to me yet.

What Guys Said 4

• I have seen similar things on other sites, they are to stop spamming or Xper grabbing. In theory you could type out I agree with this then copy it and paste it on a thousand questions in a row then get a 1,000 Xper in an hour.
    It depends on what the ratio is - Allowing two answers per minute seems reasonable.

• So far I haven't remarked it... I usually take my time for opinions so probably the time interval is long enough :D

• yeah I encountered that last night, when did that become a thing

• It is? Since when?