AGE FILTER, please! Who agrees?

I find it much more enjoyable and better investment in time/efforts on GAG when I communicate with others my own age or older. Not to mention feeling odd sending comms to - what I consider - under agers.

If GAG would install a search AGE filter, I would enjoy my time making comments, helping others, reading posts MUCH MORE. Wouldn't YOU?

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually like the opinions of people, ages, that I wouldn't normally interact with. I think that you can learn something interesting, useful, and even AMAZING from people you wouldn't normally associate with!
    I like this forum, but I'm a little concerned with some of the under 18. I don't usually answer those, but sometimes, I do, and I want to help, but the Gestapo censors what I post, but it isn't anything bad, but rather trying to help, knowing the state of our schools, and what kids are taught!!
    Maybe there should be an under 18 forum for the questions that they NEED to have answered, by someone, a professional, maybe, but someone should tell these kids how life REALLY is, and not the BS their friends say that confuses them!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes bring it back.

What Guys Said 15

• I think the fact I don't really get involved in the sex or relationship questions means I don't notice the under age question that much - I am not sure about the age filter outside those areas but I do usually do a subconscious check on gender/age on who I am talking to and tailor my answer to suit. It can be a factor in some of my answers in the How Do I Look section where I may qualify some statements such as guys your age will find you dateable etc.

• What's the point? I'd guess that every 10th gager doesn't have their real age displayed anyway. They'd just create new accpunts with fake ages.

• just don't answer or pay attention to answers/questions from people you don't want to. you do it now anyways so why just segregate people that you don't want just because you want it that way? i tend to answer people around my own age, but, really, i can easily just skip over certain questions. it's not hard.

• Yes, they should.

• There is an age filter for sexual topics and options to flag inappropriate comments by underage members or ones that underage members could see.

• Personally, I wouldn't use it.

I'm actually quite surprised at how mature some of the younger commenters are, and I often can't tell the age of the person who wrote the comment.

• Nah Gag is lazy.

• I think there is no need for that, that would just limit information "flow".

"Older" people have more experince, so they can give everyone better answers.

Sometimes younger ones who'll answer you, cause they know the answer to some your questions better.
    So it's possible, your best answer to your question will come from an older/younger person, than you, but ofc, depends on the question.

• I agree that at the very least there should be an age filter to filter out minors so they aren't exposed to inappropriate material, and so they don't post inappropriate material.

• Yes I'd like an 18 and over filter.

• They used to when I signed up a couple of years back. It was a nice feature.

• no, I don't care what age someone is

• GAG did have that but took it away as I don't think it worked the way it should off for them

• I agree! 🙂
    Is your avi of you and your hubby, btw?

• Yesh there should be an age filter.

What Girls Said 8

• Age has nothing to do with how well you can give advice. I've met a lot of adults who give shitty advice about how to be successful in life. If any teen can learn anything about life from what we say here. That is good because I sure as hell wish I had people to talk to and ask questions when I was that age. I was completely clueless and alone inside my head.

• Nah, I value the opinions of people from every age bracket. It's life experiences that makes you a good advice giver, not age.

• I'm completely cool interacting with all ages. Some teach me and I teach some. I actually find out a lot about people when I talk to various age groups.

• How about no? I can only imagine how left out underaged gagers would feel

• Age discrimination is real here on gag. I think even under 18 can give good advice. I'm also only 18 years on this planet and still often people like my advice.

• I know that they used to have one. I wonder if they would bring it back. @GirlsAskGuys

• No how else am I supposed to learn from these wise people of gag😞

• GaG used to have an option where you can filter search results by age group
    they should bring that back again

an age filter for the live feed/questions would also be nice