Block system problem?

I just got blocked by a little girl in one of MY questions and now I can't reply to her comment.
I think it's bullshit that someone can come to your question, spit some shit and insult you, and then block you so you can't reply.

Do you think we should be allowed to reply to those who have blocked us but only in our posts?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• wow lol. I voted yes, because I think you should have the right to explain further or defend your statement or whatever.
    But I get why you can't comment back since blocking someone means that you don't want to communicate with that user anymore.. which does not mean that it's okay to insult someone and then just block so that you don't have to deal with that anymore :/

• I get that, but if it's MY post, I should be able to comment in everyone's opinion. They ruin my post by talking shit and insulting me, and I can't even comment? That's bullshit

• True that, hm. If it's your question and you wanted people's opinion on it then you should have the right to comment on their opinion just like they had the right to give their opinion. It's just fair

• Thank you 🐸

Most Helpful Guy

• i do. I think people blocking simply because you state an opinion they disagree with OR because they don't like someone proving just how wrong or inane something said is lame

if it the comments are harassing, trolling, etc. modifiers can remove those posts.

but posts that are simply disagreements that get blocked are annoying to me

What Girls Said 15

• No way, because sometimes some asshat will block me on his question, then unblock me to write shit, then block me again so I can't reply, then other people start chipping in but I can't respond and then asshat unblocks just to respond to them and chime in, but then blocks me again!

Buuuuuuuullshit. Blocked is blocked. Game Over. Walk Away.

• So then their opinion should be removed from my question.
      I understand your point, it has happened to me before, but it's not fair they come to ruin my post and I can't even say a word.
      I think the asker should be able to comment on everyone's opinion, even if that person blocked them.

• If it really bothers you that much then respond in the update, or tag me and I'll respond for you!!

• It's ok haha

• I had a similar issue yesterday though it was someone's question. Totally flipped on me for no reason, then blocked me from commenting back so I could explain myself.

• that has infuriated me so many times personally i think its a bit cowardly to insult someone and block them so they can't defend themselves. I remember i got into an argument with some girl because she honestly believed that black people can not be racist but whites, mexicans, Asians, etc can be. She called me racist for saying black CAN be racist meaning not all of them are. I called her stupid for thinking its not possible for black people to be racist and then she said of course you would say that i am black and i said oh really are you going to play the race card and then she got really pissed. I blocked her because she would not leave me the hell alone.

• That's literally the whole point of blocking someone- so they can't bother you anymore.

• Yeah, but they come to my post, talk shit and annoy me, but then they block me and I can't comment?
      It's unfair they can ruin my post but I can't "bother" them.

• Dude, I agree with you that it's immature, but them's the breaks.

• Yes, we should be allowed to reply on our posts, the same thing happened to me a few days ago, that little bitch...

• I think it funny! I should have done that but nah!

• You always seem to be blocked by peeps 😂
    Ayways I think it's a good idea but only for the QA's post. I don't get why people have to block others in cases like this, they could just stop replying tho.. 😒

• I know! Hahaha I guess it's because I like to push people's buttons, and because not all understand my sarcasm, oh well... hahaha

• I've had horrible arguments to with people here and when. it was done, I didn't run and block them. I think sometimes people abuse the block button. Like in this instance. I'll stop replying before I just up and block someone.

• Although that person was behaving childishly I think things are better this way.

In some instances where people answer a question and the asker is abusive towards the opinion owners, blocking the asker from replying to the post is useful.

I find in cases like this the asker just replies to them in the update.

by the way what did you do to annoy this one lol? ☺

• yea that happens a lot when I prove someone wrong and then they get mad. (they're allmen older than 21)

• It's tag-team time!

• When used like you described this kind of block feature is crap.

• You're hilarious. But yes, yes that sounds like a good idea.

• Yes! I think how that's stupid how someone can block you on YOUR post so you can't reply when it's your own question. That's stupid how people block just to get the last word. Also, I hate how we can't upvote/downvote on people's opinions when they block you. That's also stupid because it's anonymous and they don't know who's doing it. The whole block system on G@G is flawed in my opinion. They should really update it and fix some of the issues.

• Yes, if it's in your post. There's a guy in your opinions here actually that did this exact thing lol. He started spewing racist bullshit, then blocked me so I couldn't respond.

• Exactly. They're allowed to ruin your post and even insult you, but then you can't comment. I hope they change this.

• Me, too.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, blocking you abruptly wasn't right on her part, but I am sure she had her reasons for blocking you. I always believe that blocking someone should be "last option", that is if all you other ways have failed but some people they just use it as their first and last option as if they don't have other ways to handle things.

I can understand what you say.

• This is what happened:
      She said all men just wanted sex, so since she's engaged, I said "so your boyfriend just wants you for sex?" cause according to her logic, every man only wants sex.
      She then started rambling and telling me that I believe I'm superior to women and bla blah more childish stuff, then she blocked me xD

• What seriously? well that's not even a reason to block you, that's strange, weird behaviour on her part. It was very childish on her part. According to me she is clearly messed up on the inside, yes when a person is messed up on the inside then only a person can act like this.

I can understand someone blocks the other if they have a really good reason but in your case this is not even a reason, you were simply asking a question, I don't see your question as offensive either.

However her logic also wasn't right, not every man wants to have sex only, that's not true at all.

• I don't know how hard it would be to program but I agree that blocked person should be allowed to reply if the blocker leaves an open comment - It would discourage the getting the last word in type of blocking that seems to ruffle most feathers.

• If you block every moderator can your posts still be hidden by them?

• I still can see posts of people that have me blocked

• Yeah, I can't interact, but I'm sure a moderator can hide your post, but can't comment or vote on it. I'm not sure though

• I wonder if anyone knows

• girls here are kinda fucked up like htat

does it make sense to you that they break and block you if you dont agree on something? Or as genuine quetions? i had a moment last night with some Asian chick who blocked me cause i asked her if she was cantonese. she's like the fake immature type whos full of herself she i could only imaging she though i was trying to hit on her. but she unblocked me. its the weirdest thing.

• The blocking system on this site is totally backwards and asinine, always has been. It flies in the face of standard methods used all across the Web. Don't expect it to change.

• I think gag is broken on many levels

• Yes. It is our question, our topic. We should be allowed to do this just like on other websites.

• Happened to me too^^ take it with humor

• There are many pathetic people on this website who cannot disagree with someone else without becoming petty and sensitive little brats that like to get the last word in before blocking the person they are disagreeing with.

The people on this website are lame as hell and I am one of those people and you're getting blocked.