Do you think you should be able to put an 18+ restriction on your questions?

Sometimes I think it might be a good idea that we can choose our question is only shown to 18+ people in the feed. I know people lie about their age and that can't be helped, but sometimes I think adults want to ask more explicit questions and would prefer not to have them shown to under 18's.

What do you guys think and what does @girlsaskguys think?

• Yes you should be able to post to over 18's only...
  • No, I think it shouldn't matter who is reading it, you know what kind of site this is...
  • No, you shouldn't be posting explicit things here anyway. Stop it you creep...
  • I hate you, I hate your question now show me the answers...

Most Helpful Guy

• What if younger ones ask those questions or looking for that kind of information?
    This "health care/doctor" sites, this site, or porn sites? All 3 give some kind of information, everyone can search for these.

I think there should be an option to turn on/off 18 questions if someone wants, but don't restrict who can view them or ask something like that.

• Yeah, that's a better idea actually. I much prefer that - turn on 18+

• And have an option for you to tag your question with 18+, but it only stops showing up in your feed of you choose not to view 18+

What Guys Said 18

• yes kids should not be asking any sexual questions or have opinions on life matters to deal with adult conversations. This is the main reason why kids still sit at the kids table during Thanksgiving lol.
    We should have a kids table here. I don't care to here the same questions about what does he/she think or how do i say Hi? Dumb ass questions belong somewhere adults don't need to be a part of.
    I was on this site for many years on and off with different accounts due to being kicked off for speaking my opinion to over sensitive people. I have noticed each year is worse then the next all due to this site have been over run by idiot children.

WHERE ARE ALL the adults? what is this children of the corn? lol

• No, I don't agree. I don't have a problem with the under 18's, I would just like an option to make a question hidden from them. When the asker thinks it will be too explicit or graphic or something.

• I would rather see posts from my adult peers. It isn't that I don't care for children, but this site can get way too adult for them.

• @cankles that is my point, i was just a bit harsher about my point.

• Thank you for your suggestion! We will take this into consideration as we continue to make updates and changes to the site :)

• Many of us, if not most of us, lost our virginity before turning 18. So we know that minors do, in fact, have sex. I don't think there is something you can say to an 18 year old who hasn't had sex, but can't say to a 17 year old who has.

Moreover, given the amount of false or misleading information minors are continuously exposed to, it's actually a good thing if they know more about what sex is really like, including explicit information.

I really think it's a good thing this site doesn't have such a system, and I wouldn't want to see it implemented, though I confess I know nothing of the legal issues involved.

• I agree very much, but just occasionally I think it may be appropriate... but then again, if it's that bad perhaps this isn't the site for it in the first place.

• Yes I do miss Cheeky

• Yeah I would be in favour of that but only on explicit sexual questions - In fact I would support a ban on under 18s from the Sexual Behaviour topic

• Oh no, I think that's unfair but I think an adult section may be useful. I don't think we should stop younger people asking sexual questions. I think maybe people have got the wrong idea about this suggestion...

• And one week later all under 18s would have created a new account.

• Absolutely, yes.

• I can't think of a single type of question that this site has that is not beneficial or more so determinetal to people under 18. If you can provide an example, then maybe.

• I wanted to post a photo the other day to highlight something horrific that was happening, I googled some images and I was going to put them up - but I thought no, this is too much for a site with 13 year olds on. I don't want to stop younger people engaging with the site and with older people, a lot of users would rather there were no younger users but I think that's very unfair and prejudice. I don't have an issue with them being here at all, but I didn't post the image because I thought it too much. Perhaps just an ADVISORY tag on the question would be better... a big red sticker on the question title...

• Sorry, I just went on a rant there. Your response reminded me of how much I hate the people who want this to be an 18+ site.

• Yeah, it's cool. I agree with you, I don't think that's a good thing at all. If you want to be on an 18+ site then go somewhere else, just very occasionally I think some things can be very very graphic. Only very occasionally though.

• They'll just lie about their age lol wouldn't do a thing

• Yes. There are way too many teeny boppers on this site now. I would go a step further and say login access to GAG should be tied to facebook. That way we know who is actually posting. Yes, not everyone has facebook, but so what? Facebook is all but ubiquitous. If a few people miss out on GAG, that's no real loss.

• Yeah but some kids have 18+ accounts pr would start creating them.

• A NSFW tag would be useful.

• To be honest, I don't think GaG is safe for work anyways.

• Yeah probably, I don't even think of it for actual work though. Just like to know what I'm getting into.

• no, everyone knows what kind of site it is

• I think it might be better if you have a checkbox in the setting that is by default is checked, which states of like 'I don't want to see explicit stuff' for people <18. Because some of us might just've seen those and are okay with it, and we could help too, to some of the question.

• Yeah, I think this is a much better idea.

• :D [This is unnecessary, its just to skip the Auto Message Decline system :P, message too short it says]

• No I think we should continue the direction this site wants. We should allow 6 year olds eventually to ask and respond any way they wish to. Why have morality and decency?

• I think that would be a good idea

• If that means moderators will ease up on reporting some sexual questions, then yes.

• What are they reporting exactly?

• A little while ago, but questions with links to sexinfo101, the report the question and then it gets put back up again a day or so later, it's pretty annoying that they do it. Maybe they would be less zealous about it if they knew only 18+ users could see it.

• Maybe they should just make in unavailable to under 18's if they think it is inappropriate...

• Yes I get fed up of under 18's. They should have their own website.

• I don't get fed up of them at all, I just think sometimes some subjects would be best kept out of the main feed.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't care they should know by know the dangers and what they could end up seeing on the internet by now. They may be under 18 but I'm sure they have heard and seen some worse things. I believe if someone wants to find something disturbing they will find a way.

Though I do wish they would ban under 18 year olds from the "how do I look" section. Even if the pictures end up being fake. Still that's just kind of awkward to answer at times.

• Yes, I think I should be able to put an 18+ restriction on my questions. If I were to ask about an explicit question or very adult topic, in actual reality, I would never include or invite a 15 or even 17 year old to the conversation. The entitlement many minors here have to be as nosey and included as they wish despite how others feel is annoying. Not only that, but they often show their age *which they can't help* and remind you that they are full of hormones and their brain is still developing. I think that this is a great suggestion and the minors here should respect when some adults do not want them present for particular conversations instead of persisting to be nosey and insert themselves where they are not wanted.

• For me it isn't about not wanting to hear from them but asking questions that you aren't happy having younger readers see and read.

• Gag doesn't really allow that explicit questions in the first place (if you click on the flag for reporting people, you'll see that there's an "explicit" option), so I feel like a feature like that would be kind of unnecessary. If you want to ask more explicit questions then you should probably visit an adult forum instead, as Gag allows people as young as 13 to browse the site.

• Yeah, that's the conclusion I've come to as well.

Although what GaG classes as explicit isn't really very fixed.

• They'd have to get bots to do the modding then, based on certain words and algorithms. Which would probably end up getting a lot of "innocent" questions removed due to how they're worded etc. There's no foolproof way to mod everything 100% fairly.

• No, that's true and also sometimes a bit of human... discretion is better than absolute rules, just very unfair sometimes when people get treated differently.

• Yes you should be able to post to over 18's only... because some kids shouldn't be read all that stuff...

• I wish I was able to do with some of my questions that I know teenagers haven't experience before lol.

• I hate you :(

• Yes, and No. Yes, to protect innocent people (I say innocent people because there are adults that are still innocent in mind and body) . No, because I found this site, because I had to ask a very personal question that I couldn't ask anyone I knew this (18+) question. You can also gain a lot of knowledge from people of all ages. Sometimes I've received the best advice and comments from someone (30s-50s) of age and Other times I'd receive great advice and comments from people around my age (16-20s.)

Just my opinion ;-; sorry

• No, I don't think people are getting what I mean.

Say I wanted to ask a question about... graphic rape fantasy (for anexample). I would like the option to click a box that means it won't be viewed by under 18's.

I think it's great that we have people of all ages and i think we can all bring something to the table, I'm not trying to suggest we segregate the age groups as some people want, just the option to hide it from under 18's if it's a bit too "out there" or mature or graphic.

• Oh, okay... then yes, for stuff like that should have an 18+ or a Graphic Sexual Content Button.

• Yeah, I've not asked questions before because it seems a bit too much. You could also choose to block it if it were a Graphic Content button...

• OMG, YES! In fact, I don't think that people under 18 should even be here, or should have their own site. Some of the stuff is just way too explicit. I feel very awkward knowing that children could be reading my posts, or that there could be child predators trolling around on this site.

• No, I don't agree and I'm sad because my question makes it look like I do. I think it's a good thing that young people have somewhere they can ask questions, although it does worry me awfully that there are so many ignorant and misinformed adults on the site filling their heads with hatred for the opposite sex.

• I really fear for some of these young people, though. I worry that there are adults here for the sole purpose of exploiting them. A filter button, and maybe a way to filter entire age groups, would be helpful, in my opinion.

• i think they did that before, or to some extent on the live feed.

• On the one hand it might be useful for certain questions, but on the other hand - a lot of teenagers put their age 18-24 on here... so it probably wouldn't achieve much. :/