Should G@G add a mute button?

On Google plus, if gives you the option to mute posts that are spamming your notifications. Like, if people are having a conversation that you are not a part of, you can mute it, and if you wanted, you can unmute it later.

On G@G, sometimes the tagging can get out of control, and can result with you coming back to hundreds of notifications in your inbox. Wouldn't it be nice if you could mute your post until it dies down? Or if someone was spamming your opinion, would it be nice if you can mute it, instead of blocking the person?

• Yes, sounds like a good idea.
  • No, sounds like a bad idea.

Most Helpful Guy

• Great idea it has only happened to me a few times (The conversation that doesn't involve you on your opinion) but it is so annoying.

• I thought my question was popular, but then it turns out to be a full conversation on something irrelevant.

Most Helpful Girl

• meh it doesn't bother me that much that id wanna mute it.

What Guys Said 10

• therre should rather be a "hide from my view" option.

• No, I think blocking the person is a better option.

• I say yes, but put a limit on how often this "mute" feature can be used, such as two uses per seven day span.

• If it's technically possible without making things too complicated, it may be a good idea.
    Though I only rarely have it under my questions :D

• That would be a good option

• Naaa, if everywhere we go had that option peoples patience will be close to none...
    Technology is messing people up these days.

• Voted - B

if you don't wanna listen.. go off

• Haha, I think that big X on your browser is the mute button , You just need to cilck it. Then you won't get any message or notifications. But I always want to get something from the notifications

• Sounds good I just had a spammer who messaged me and tried to send me to some phony website.

• Personally I wish we could delete all the mods accounts

What Girls Said 6

• Oh heck yeah. I especially hate it when two people are having a conversation on my opinion/question and it's nothing regarding to the opinion I made or question I asked.

• I am indiffrent toward it!

• I think it's a good idea. I haven't had too much of an issue with it, but it'd be nice since I'm sure you don't really want to block (most of) those people indefinitely, just not pay attention to their conversation.

• Oh fuck yes. I asked a "post a selfie" question and immediately regretted it. Was SO happy when I could disavow that shit.

• Yeah, that's why I never post those types of questions. 😂 I would hate to have that many notifications. I would get so pissed off.

• Yes! You are wonderful! I was just thinking that! <3

• Yeah, that sounds like a good idea