Why is it that when you report a comment insulting you, it doesn't get removed?

Why is is someone can be cussing you out ruthlessly in the comments, yet when you report it, moderators don't bother to remove them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Moderators do not receive report notifications, admins are the only ones who can see reported posts. Everything that is reported gets reviewed within 24 hours. If, after 24 hours, a reported post has not been removed, it's because an admin has decided it does not violate the guidelines of the site and chose not to remove it. Posts that are name calling and personal attacks directed to other users does violate the posting guidelines though so posts of that nature are always removed.

What Guys Said 7

• All I know is that when you report a comment it is referred to admin who review it and decide whether to remove it or not - Exactly what the guidelines are I am not sure, I think maybe the only path you can go down is if it is constant cussing and personal abuse, you could call the user out for harassment. Personal abuse is such a hard one to quantify unless they cross some line and use a racial, sexuality slur it is allowable to say things like you are dumb or an idiot - That is bad manners rather than anything in the legal context of "Offensive"

• Shouldn't happen generally but again even mods are humans hence everything depends on individual opinion and judgment. Also I believe when you report something it goes to the admins not the mods.

I guess writing to mods or admins or @GAG with links to the question pointing out the thread should help :)

• because there are hundreds of comments and only a handful of moderators.

• They don't? This is the first time I am reading something like this.

• The comment can't be removed or stay, Your reaction to it and the merit you allow that person's ability to gauge whatever the comment was about is only something you an do. Don't give your power to others. It was their comment and their problem

• You sound butt hurt.

• Because the people moderating here do not find it offensive, and most of the times, i have to say it's not.

What Girls Said 1

• If you're being insulted, and reporting isn't working, you can tag a moderator and we can remove the comments, if they're inappropriate.