Do you feel this website has given you a negative mentality about dating/relationships?

I understand it's "just the internet" but us folk using "just the internet" have had our own personal things to go through (like everybody does). Which means, we may already have conflicting views about relationships or been made to feel we're not worth it enough for anybody to even want to be in a relationship with us. Then, you come on here and read all these questions and takes about relationships and it can make you feel worse or make you wonder "what's even the point?".

So, do you feel this website has added to or could add to yours or someone else negative mentality about dating/relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• No I think it has expanded my view on dating/relationships - The more questions and answers I read, I take the information in and analyse it picking the advice I deem most suitable to me which is the same approach I would have if in real life I was discussing it with family, friends or work colleagues.

Most Helpful Girl

• The internet can be wonderful or dangerous place... sometimes social media can get to be a bit too much and a bit too real to the point where it mentally messes with you. That's when you know it's time to log off and give your self a chance to clear your head. When I was younger I remember joining a cultural forum and got pretty invested in it during my off time... it really messed with me though and skewed my views about certain things which I'm still trying to shake off to this day (it's been almost 7 years). Moderation and stepping out when you need it is key, and I think it's because ironically the internet gets too real sometimes with people opening their minds and getting dramatic or argumentative and brutally honest.

• To relate it to your original post about views surrounding dating/relationships... people on the internet influenced my thoughts a lot with regards to beauty/attraction, intercultural relationships, what men want and what they find annoying, peoples' preferences, etc. I've learned good things and unnecessary things. This website has too many gender wars and an obsession with peoples' personal and very unique preferences almost to the point where it sounds like people would love to build a boyfriend/girlfriend if they could lol. But I just look at posts in moderation and it's all good and more fun/enlightening that way. I'm not as thick skinned as I wish I was.

What Guys Said 3

• No not at all, it's actually made things clearer for me and the whole dating and relationship game makes ao much more sense to me now. I remember how clueless I was when I first joined this site and by reading so many questions and comments over the years I've learned through other people's mistakes and failures. It's also given me more confidence because I know when I'm doing something wrong or right.

• I think it has been pretty positive for me

• Na, I won't date a loser off the internet, very few people in real life are like the people here so I don't let this place taint my view of women. haha

What Girls Said 4

• I think it has but its nice to other people feel the way I feel! Its kinda of a relief to know that I am not alone.

• No but now I don't know what to believe how males and females truly act like these days. They both seem like most sides have become horrible.

• I think it's true if you have little to no dating or relationships experience and tend to believe what others say that confirm your innest fears the most.

• Nope hasn't changed my views much