MHO rate going down?

can your mho rate drop? because i swear mine went down like three %...

Most Helpful Guy

• yes of course it can drop.
    MHO% is the precentage of your opinions which got selected MHO. if you post more opinions but they don't get MHO it will drop.

example:

you shared 100 opinions and 20 of them got selected MHO -> you have 20% MHO
    you share another 100 opinions but none of them get MHO. so you posted 200 opinions of which 20 got selected MHO -> you have 10% MHO

hope that helps

• yes that helps i think i get it now
      so should i not share more opinions right now? cuz it might drop?

• your MHO rate doesn't matter at all. share as many opinions as you want ;)
      or are you only here to see a stupid number go up and down? you have 38% which is extremely high, most people don't even have 20%. it also depends on the type of questions you answer... I do a lot of fun questions where no one really needs help, so I don't get as often MHO even if I put effort into my answer. it's just a statistic... just ignore it and have fun.

and thanks for MHO!

• ya no prob xD
      i dont really care about the mho.. it just makes me feel like im helping a lot of people out :D
      so thanks for commenting!

Most Helpful Girl

• Really? That so frreakin strange! You give good deep emotional advice! Well bunch of haters anyway. LOL

• haha thanks 4 commenting :D by the way love ur username (made up mine randomly and now i can't change it xD)

• Same here! I just go with it! lol

What Guys Said 10

• As you go through the lower levels your MHO percentage will drop radically - You may have 4/10 and be at 40% after answering a few questions but after a 1,000 questions there us no way you will be at 400 - I am only guessing here but I would say the average users MHO% is around 15 - 18.

• The higher you rise in points the more it goes down It happens to everyone on the site no one can get MH every time they post

• Your mho rate is based on the "most helpful" ratings on the opinions you posted; if people don't choose them as MHO then the rating of (MHO / total) will go down.

• Yup your MHO can drop! The MHO formula is:

(total opinions that got MHO) / (all the opinions that you posted)

So if you post a large amount of opinions that didn't get MHO, then your MHO % will decrease.

• Happens all the time but the more questions you answer the more stable it gets. It's a percentage.

• It goes down if you don't give me MHO on your questions.

It's a weird mechanic, I've brought it up but they always say "working as intended" - sorry.

Really though, I'm pretty sure it can.

• it doesn't go down just cuz i dont give YOU mhos

• i hope u figure out how to shut the hell up.

• God I wish I would have looked at your age before replying. This entitled little generation of bieber minions... Parents... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

• Yah, if u answer enough questions without MHO the average will go down

I honestly wouldn't worry about it

• ok :(
      hopefully i didn't do something wrong.. if someone downvotes ur comment can it go down cuz of that

• Nah, it's all just MHO, up votes and down votes have nothing to do with that.

• ok :) thanks

• I also noticed that. But GAG Admins told me nothing to worry. In winters, they always go down. Hopefully spring will see them spring back up.

• Oohh mine will hit less than 1 soon.

• ... xD i'm no math guy but since it's a percentage, if you answer a few questions without getting MHO then obviously it will drop. That's a very stupid question but for a 13 year old I get it. Aren't you too young to be out here?

• maybe can you keep your opinions to yourself? thanks
      and its not a stupid question i was just confused on how mhos worked

What Girls Said 4

• Of course it can go down haha

• Yeah, it can.

• I really don't know

• Of course. Every time you answer a question it changes...