Why do people write "his" instead of "he's" ?

It's clearly in terms where it's meant to be "he's", too. And they do it multiple times and I've seen it from multiple people. I guess I dont understand. And it really fucks up my inner dialogue when I'm reading posts. ☹️

i. e.: "his going to be mad at me"

like what.

It's so cute that everyone is getting so huffy about this question. I'm just wondering if people think it's legitimately proper to write "his" instead of "he's", because English isn't their first language and that's what they were taught for some reason.

Sit down and re-evaluate how sensitive you are if you think I'm bashing them because I'm an overly curious girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never noticed this before - I wonder if it is not some mad auto correct - Strangely I don't notice it as much as you, I find that I read language by its sounds more than anything and often get stuck on spelling a word thinking it doesn't sound right. English is my first language but I have always struggled with spelling.
    One final thought I understand your question just curiosity, sometimes a thing gets in my head and I just have to ask about it,

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably the same reason why people get brought and bought mixed up "I brought a hair straightener" when it should be "I bought a hair straightener" and even than and then are used wrong too "and than she said she was here but wasn't" should be "and then she said she was here but wasn't"
    I guess some people just aren't educated or can't remember or just don't want to accept they are saying things wrong. Who knows, but it does annoy me and I think it's fine to be annoyed by it, just like it's okay to not be bothered by it, we all have our opinions and things that irk us :)

What Guys Said 5

• Sorry, we're not all perfect.

• Nah I'm not saying they're wrong for it, I'm just curious because it seems intentional.

• hhhiiiiiiissssssss

• There just a little dumb is all.

Maybe English is not their first languages, don't judge so fast you don't know.

• Don't be so sensitive in being quick to assume I'm judging. I'm curious, because it comes off as intentional.

• Or there trying to sound cute or something

• If it's a mistake they might still think it's proper. Most people don't realize when they make a mistake.

• Never seen that before but maybe English isn't their first language or maybe they are dyslexic

• Just lazy.

• I have seen it. I judge very harshly indeed. hahaa

What Girls Said 13

• sometimes it can be a mistake because of spell check.. but many people do write it intentionally.. just like they write ''your'' instead of ''you're'' ..

• I do see that one as often as I see other grammar mistakes. For example a lot and a lot, affect and effect, loose and lose.

• I don't know maybe eng isn't their first language.

• The first thing I assume is that English isn't their first language, and the sounds of the 'e' and the 'i' are the same to them, so that is what they type. It does mess up how I read something knowing the difference between the two, though.

• That would bother me to no end.

• The same reason people right 'then' instead of 'than' and 'there' instead of 'their' etc...

• Fuck I hate it so much when they mix up his and he's, their and they're also who's and whose. Gosh it irritates me so much!

• I understand you! It's annoying. 😤
    People need to attend to more grammar classes.

• I get not everyone speaks English first and foremost, so that's probably a heavy influence on it. But that just makes me even more curios as to why lol

• @SolitaireBond Indeed, a u got left out. My bad.

• Oh.. The correct English grammer would be.. I understand that not everyone speaks English as a first language...

• Yes some people do
    just like people make mistakes like

Your going mad

• Because they don't know.

• Same reason they mix up "woman" and "women" and say "hims" and "mines" and "defiantly" instead of "definitely". They're just stupid and illiterate.

• You're obviously a connoisseur of the English language.

• No, just curious. Daaang y'all sensitive this morning.

• Lmao bye

• Am sorry.. If you so wish I could probably help coach you with the English language.

Am sure you would find it extremely beneficial.

• Sometimes it's a mistake.

If they are writing fast, it happens.