Do you think that GaG should also show if it's the Asker who down-votes an opinion?

I mean, sometimes other people downvote an opinion on my Question and it's seems as if it's me, the Asker who downvoted it. (Especially when the person to answer has a different opinion/point of view).
I almost never downvote an opinion...

• Yes.
  • Nope.

Most Helpful Guy

• Downvotes are generally not a optimistic or encouraging gesture. To even allow that is awesome, to show who down voted would not be constructive to the site, rather it 'could' be destructive and most probably would be.

They are better left completely anonymous

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I think they should show both up and down votes, it would be interesting.

I feel like if you're going to down vote someone, you should be required to leave a comment, if you can't express yourself then don't do it. I would almost bet that the majority of down votes are just because people don't like others and because they can remain anonymous while doing it lol

What Guys Said 16

• As far as I know, it doesn't even show when the asker upvoted... just the notification.
    I guess they got tired of seeing that badge on it, because many times, the asker upvotes everyone, and it lost its meaning.

But Yes, I'd like to get notifications on all downvotes, just as I do with the upvotes.

• It does, there will be a little gray box next to their name if the asker did, if you hover your mouse over it it will say "asker upvoted".

• @nakedalligator Oh they hid it. What about on mobile? I remember that 2 or 3 months ago there was a visible badge

• I remember it used to be easier to see, like it was colored I think. I don't know about mobile, I don't use this site on my phone or anything.

• I think people should be able to downvote without fear of backlash and starting fights.

• Yes I would like to see all the upvotes and downvotes on my opinions

• I think GAG is avoiding it in order to avoid negative backlash towards the asker.

• Yes I want to know who down voted me so I can return the favor

• Who cares

,,,

• Honestly no, i'm not a fan of that. That would do nothing more than cause animosity.

• Flat out yes, i think this should be a thing.

• I agree. I may not know how to check, but I would also like to know other people who up vote or down vote, not just asker

• yeah I personally would like it, but I can see why they don't wanna do it...

• Well I don't really care who upvotes or downvotes me.

• I always upvote people who give me opinions 😊

• Yes it would be great

• that isn't necessary... most of the times it's obvious

• I wish i had the option to double thumbs you up !

• Nope. They have their right to do so without causing any arguments.

"I almost never downvote an opinion.." as in never downvote an opinion on your question or never downvote an opinion everywhere?

• On my question, I meant that I would like to know when it's the Asker who downvotes, not other users :P

• Well it did, would you hold a grudge on the asker if he's question isn't anonymous? Maybe your idea works but only if the question is asked anonymously

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, I would especially like to know for simple questions or questions were I have similar answers as others but I'm the only one down voted.

• That's true but I think we'd have an increased number of arguments. If someone downvoted an opinion on my question, I just let them know it wasn't me. If they don't believe I just look at them like this 😐😑

• I think that will make people angry. I would certainly be pissed! lol

• I'm personally for displaying upvotes and downvotes by user where possible.

But on GAG? Nope, bad idea. People here are way too sensitive and immature. It will cause copious amounts of butthurt and whining.

• I think that would cause more arguments, which is unnecessary. However, I can't say that I'm not curious as to who upvotes and downvotes my opinions.

• Yes and no XD

But sure, it would be nice to know

• If gag is going to keep this annoying thing with the mark showing the asker up voted I feel like they should go all out and do it with down votes then.

• It would cause unnecessary drama.