Shall I stay, or shall I leave (GaG)?

So long story short, im conflicted as to whether or not i should stick around anymore. I've been on gag for many years on and off, but i feel like a lot of the connections i had with people here are largely gone now, as a good number of people that i use to know have left. Today, it's much more difficult to start a dialouge with someone new. Either you don't get replies back, or you build something with someone, and then they suddenly stop responding to ya when you tag them or w/e. So i feel like i've either outgrown the place, or i'm simply being displaced by fresh new users who are more liked than i am. Sooo with that being said, you guys can help me decide on whether i should stay or go in the poll. What i still do like about GaG is that it's still somewhat nice to answer certain questions, and interact with the few people who are interested in having a conversation.. which is why i'm conflicted. GaG can be a big time waster, especially when you're in med school -_- Anyhow, vote in the poll. The results won't necessarily decide for me, but it may help lean me in one direction or the other.

Cheers

• yes you should leave
  • no you should stay

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope you decide to stay. I think you bring a rational voice to this website. I appreciate your friendship and I'd certainly miss you if you decide to leave.
    I understand your concerns. I've lost communication with some people I care about to. But I think you might need to adjust your expectations there. Be grateful for the friends for as long as they are there. Realize that most people you meet will be "on the surface" friends. Not fake but just not really deep lasting friendships.
    Personally I have found 1 genuine, deep and I hope forever friend from this site. That one relationship alone makes it worth it for me. But there are many more friends here that I consider blessings in my life. They lift me up sometimes without even realizing it.
    As far as the popularity thing goes, who cares? I was "in" one day and "out" the next.
    And the time wasting is a concern but you will only waste as much time as you allow yourself to waste.
    Hopefully you'll evaluate and your list of pros to stay will be big enough to convince you!

What Girls Said 21

• YOU SIT YOUR ASS DOWN AND DONT LEAVE. -.-

• hah, you're one of the few veteran users left on here, which makes you somewhat of a nostalgic figure for me on here. And man... were you always so authoritative?

• aw so cute!
      of course i am... -.- u r not leaving. 🔫

• Stay! You're a really nice guy which is great, plus always seem to be pretty reasonable in your responses and that's definitely something GaG certainly needs more of with the sudden surge in outlandish questions being asked as of late. :P

• Well we're obviously aren't the best of of friends but I do admire you and your dedication to GAG from a far.

I would personally say stay and stick it out or at least don't delete your account and you can come and go as you please. But regardless of that in my opinion just like people come and go into and out of our lives GAG is no different and I've actually been a member here longer than you. My point is GAGs main purpose isn't to make acquaintances or become friends with someone but if you do then that's great. All I'm trying to say is didn't you join to give or seek advice originally? Well then that shouldn't change regardless of who's asking the question or leaving the opinion.

I've been here since the beginning of 2013 (although that's not that long ago) where as you came towards the end of 2014 . Trust me it is disappointing to see the GAG members we know and love leave one by one but is that really an excuse enough for you to leave as well? You haven't made it a year yet and I think that you should. You should give your knowledge and share your opinion with all of the new members and the ones that are yet to come. You should be the one holding out your hand to the kindergarteners here welcoming them. Trust me it's way easier to make new friends or get follows on here when you're already known than when you're brand to the site.

... So what will it be?

• Hey thanks for your post. I've actually been here a lot longer than that. This isn't my first account. I've been here since like 2010. But yea, I'm still thinking about it

• Oh okay we'll if you want to then go but I'm sure you know how much of a struggle it is to start over from the beginning so you should at least avoid deleting your account.

• I actually think you're one of the nicest guys on gag and your opinions are often very helpful, but I do get your point. For me it's easy since I have difficulties maintaining contact with a gager for a longer time since I never feel a strong emotional connection with people I meet online, but I can understand other people do feel that. Have you tried starting a conversation with the new people? They're not all that bad. Otherwise you can always just take a break to set your mind a bit.

• ah that means a lot to me coming from you man, thanks :) yes i really kind of pick people by random who seem intriguing. These days though i feel more and more like im bothering people =/ So i figured that perhaps i've just outgrown this place. I've been here longer than most users so perhaps its time for fresh blood to take over

• 2|2
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ
    that is the question.
    seriously, the decision is on you. Of course, if you are just looking to get to know people, or answer questions about quizzes, preferences etc, this site is a waste of time. It comes handy if you just want answers to questions you can't google. Or to give your advice to others who need it.

• I see your concerns. Perhaps just take a break to focus on school and other things in life. Come back when you're feeling refreshed and maybe even miss the site. I wouldn't deactivate as I've seen a bunch of people return not too long after anyway. You're enjoyable go talk to, so I would hate to see you go for good, but I would understand if you left.

• I'm not one to beg but... pleeeeeeeeeease don't go? Ha!

But seriously, I can't speak for others but I would miss your input here for sure.

• well i appreciate that :) We'll see how things go

• i agree! the fact that they dont know where they are hiding is a huge problem honestly.

• Oh yeah... they can't be far though. Hunt them down!

• If you leave, then it means the death of another reasonable person. Please don't go (unless your mental health is impacted, in which case, you should go).

• i may not deactivate... but i may just leave the account idle, i dunno. I'm just getting tired of trying on here!

• I'm more or less planning on doing the same.

• I say stay!
    You never know what question you might ask in the future or have some interesting article to share. Why not?
    Nothing to lose.
    You don't have to be on here all the time, but you can always have it - might need it sometime. =)

• yea i may leave the account active, but i also dont want to be tempted to pop on here more than i should, so i dunno =/

• Haha Yeah, I know what you mean... Maybe change the password to something a bit more complicated so you don't know it by heart. -write it down somewhere...
      So you can only access it from home where it's written (in a notebook of some kind).

• Stay with me!!!

• While I understand where you're coming from, nooo! Don't go! I think you're one of the nicer guys here. Pretty fair and you actually give good answers/advice. And you're sweet. I'll never forget what you did for me. So I vote that you should stay.

• Nah, I don't think you should leave.

• I don't know you but don't leave!!!

• Okay but what poll though

• You hang around here too much. It's not because you have nothing to do...

• Do whichever will make you happy.

• Haven't you left 2-3 times & came back every time. Save yourself the trouble & stay.

• Don't leave. :)

What Guys Said 24

• If you leave, you should do it with the intention of improving yourself and using the time you spend on GAG more efficiently. But I don't think you should leave just because some older members are missing, we still have some cool peeps and there are some new cool peeps every day. Not just ones who block you after reading one or two of your opinions. :p

• well you'll probably bail regardless of what anyone says so good luck to your future. we'll be losing a voice of sanity in a sea of idiocy.

• Maybe change your expectations? I don't see time wasting as a bad thing. As much as I have my effusions and hobbies, sometimes (like right now), I'm pretty exhausted, and can do little but time waste a bit on the computer :) I don't need to guilt myself for that. If you really get nothing out of it, then change, and leave, find something more challenging and satiating. Anyway, the connections here haven't been really good for me, since literally 3 years ago... but sod it :)

• I know the feeling bro, since the GaG 2.0 makeover, the culture here shifted here from close-knit and intimate, to transient and a "quantity over quality" type of socialization here!

Regardless, we are top dogs here, bro! We earned our spots here on that GaG totem pole, no need to resign! Just log in a little less often! :-D

• I have been off for few months now, and this is my 1st day back, but last time i left here it was due few reasons like, there is no many guanine users here, who can give a real helpful opinions, who can chat like a real mature. may be that is the reason we share, but something i know is you will benefit from a break you will have a good time in real life and explore new things, something you can't see while you are here, after all it's your decision and what ever you choose make sure you are happy with it

• Stay man!!! We love you!!!
    Or be like me and leave only to come back again lol

• Stay and just take a hiatus. I know this website gets damn annoying after a while. Trust me I know. Just spend less time on it and keep your account active.

• I can understand the med school, and your friends leaving, but the rest of us are going to miss your calm, reasonable responses. Hopefully you stay, even if your time on here is greatly reduced, but whatever decision you make best of luck to you in med school.

• You could consider to take a break and when you come back, try to learn to know some new people. That's easier after a break than when you're feeling a little "tired of GAG" :D

• You're right about quite a few things, there are not many interesting questions here these days and it can be really time consuming, so I say that you leave and focus on more important things in life. I bet med school is as hectic as law school, since even I left the site when I was in school but joined again only after I graduated...

• I'd kill myself if u left

Jk but DON'T GO!!!

WHY CAN'T WEEEEEE BE FRIENDS? WHY CAN'T WEEEEE BE FRIENDS?

• OMG noo I meant to press B you should stay /=

• Stay dude, @Jxpxtxr is still here!

• Bro, you should stay. I don't really interact with you, but you're cool af and you're a bro. 👊

• I think the points are harder to earn nowadays, before that i can up to rank8 pretty fast.

• Who're you?

• I say just take a break man.

• You should stay, there's too many white people on here and we need diversity and cultural enrichment.

• No reason to go bro, GAG is our home, Even there a lot of assholes, But I think you should stay.

• Do what you have to do, man.

• Follow your heart.