Why are older people on GaG?

I can't help but get a creepy vibe when I see people on here that are 40+ on a site that is predominantly made up of teenagers/people in their 20s? I'm not hating but I just have to ask what brings you to the site. Just passing on words of wisdom?

Listen.. I hope I didn't offend the older folks here on GaG. It was a genuine question. I saw a 30-35 anon make a post stating that high school girls are so hot and he posted countless pictures of girls that looked like they were 14. I also saw a 40+ anon asking to get off with a girl 18-24 on her question right there in the comments. I'm all for learning and I'm open minded. My dad is an old salty veteran and he lays down the law and tell me how things are. I'll always take his advice.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I stumbled across this site by accident "while bored" and liked being able to maybe help some people out with some of the confusing things life throws at you while growing up. I also have a good laugh or along the way at some of the crazy stuff on here!!!

What Girls Said 20

• With age, comes wisdom through experiences of life😊

• I like older guys on here they have good stories and they have good wisdom. I mean i think the older folk of gag make everything so interesting. Thank you for your time.

• I've had one of the best answers to my questions given by 40+ GaGers...

• Yeah I find that the older users tend to give the best and most useful advice on here (in general). But it's the ones that ask countless fetishy questions are the ones I get creep vibes from, lol.

• I've only seen 1 person be older than someone in my family that isn't my grandparent. Other than that majority of people I see on here are younger than my parents and aunts.

Mainly about them being younger than the aunt I'm closest too. She's fucken awesome and she just had her bday the other day. She is 60+. I was extremely shocked to realize she was older than I was thinking. She doesn't even look that old to me. So I know there are some pretty awesome older people out there.

Though A lot of times I have seen that really old people meaning 70+. Most of the badass ones tend to be British.

• Oh forsure lol. I started working at a hardware store on weekends during school and for some reason I see a bunch of salty big buff British men come in the store talking hardware with me. When they call me mate and say cheers I feel like a badass ahah. Always got some words of wisdom for me.

• I appreciate the wisdom they bring to the table. It doesn't state anywhere that this website is designed specifically for younger audiences, it just seems that way because the younger generations are typically more drawn to being on electronics and thus finding their ways through the bowels of the internet to GaG in hordes.

Whereas it's probably just an accidental stumble for all of the older users who have found their way here. And some people genuinely just like to help, so they've stuck around. To try and be helpful to us younger generations who are flopping through life like fish out of water.

• well, I'm 33. I come on here because I'm bored. And well, I don't stay long either. I find topics that interest me, and I find this site a suing for the most part. 🙃

• There is no age limit in joining GAG. Obviously most users are young, because generally younger people use the internet more than older people. I've seen creepy or pointless questions from people of all ages here, not just older people. Being old, you know certain stuff that might help others, but you may need some answers as well, it doesn't mean you know everything.

• They usually give less trollish answers.

• Not sure, probably for similar reasons as anyone else. Looking for opinions, or maybe by accident and decided to stay? I don't mind so long as they aren't disrespectful or thirsty, but let's be real... there's a lot of those here😒 shame on them and all of the other thirsty people who ask for nudes, stalk and harass women on here too.

• this site wasn't meant for teenagers to be honest I don't think there is a website meant for teenagers other than facebook ..

I get goose bumps when random people on here interrogate me
    feel me?
    speaking in general men do that every through web and in person you know what its not only most men its also women
    people are creepy and intense

• I think they just like to give opinions and try to help people when they are free

• Because they may have questions still. And a lot of them give great advice.

• I don t think it s just passing words of wisdom😅
    Well you can get horny at whatever ahe you are :p

• Lol yeah but why wouldn't an old lonely dude take some viagra and just watch some porn. Just seems strange in my opinion.

• I find most of them give the best opinions. Also you're forgetting this is the internet, how do you even know they're 40+? Could be faking their age.

• Yes & many don't use their real age either.

• Are you saying I'm not using my real age?

• Some people think I'm a lot older but most think I'm about mid twenties. Lol I've been called out on here before why i had to ask.

• I too have been told I'm younger then I really am.

• lol i actually like seeing older people here especially older women who might have a problem or ask a question. It makes me feel less incompetent that they also have their problems, but at the same time it is like wow there is never a time in life human beings stop being confused. Then there are the older men or women who simply pass on wisdom and it is usually good advice. So im glad for them but not glad for the older creeps who ask weird sexual questions. :(

• go back to the gym meat head! your sounding like an ungrateful Gagger that might benefit some day from an older persons wisdom. Hope it's sooner than later however.

• yeah same aha

• This site has been around a while and it's damned addictive. You won't be 22 forever, mister!

What Guys Said 27

• No no little boy, this was originally started 25-40 when this site started. it was not meant for the kiddes to be asking "how do I say hi to a girl in school" this was made for serious questions about sex, dating, marriage, divorce.
    now it is sickly filled with little kids on an adult topic site.

go play your video games and take your little friends with you. YOU DON'T BELONG HERE !

• You're really going to attempt to ridicule me for asking a a genuine question? Call me a little boy? I always respect those who are older than but that is just plain rude. Years spent in the Marine Corps.. and having been financially independent since high school I think i have the right to call myself a man. Block miserable assholes your yourself. Pathetic.

• being in arm forces doesn't make you a man I've seen useless rude men wearing uniforms, and has the right to get angry at you, you deserve it, you are acting like a kid, why would you creeped out by older people -__________-"

• I do understand the vibe and while I stay away from the sex and dating questions in the How Do I Look section I constantly check my answers to make sure I have said you are cute for YOUR AGE or GUYS YOUR AGE will want to date you - Even in the tagging question I would never tag about a crush or who was hot because basically I am old enough to be their father close to grandfather in some cases.
    Why am I on GaG I find it an interesting forum and I really approach it without any preconceptions about a person's age like some of the wisest things I heard on here came from teens and I can't remember the debate but there was one where I was completely owned by a 14 year old.
    I think every age group has something to offer plus also a couple of bad eggs but as I said when anything (45+) creepy happens, I always feel annoyed by it because the whole group is tarnished.
    Also some of the (45+) play the experience card but I think anybody can have life experience at any age. I think the best way for anyone to approach GaG is decide they are nothing special and they don't have a certain right as a gender or an age to better answer someone's question, let everyone answer the question as equal Gaggers and the asker can decide which ones seem the most suitable for them.

• KDA you have great advice. Was definitely not referring to you.

• It is okay - I didn't think you were but thanks for clarifying.

• Those are the ones that give the best advice.

• I wouldn't say that. I've seen many people that are 30+ that are still virgins on here.

• That really is an oversimplified statement. You sound like it's OK to have sex just for the sake of it. Without any due respect for the lady.

• @dogbert444 😂😂 yeah man he has no respect for women whatsoever. He tried earlier to get pics from a married women and he called me a cockblocker... No respect

• They can have questions as well. People don't magically become all knowing past a certain age. @Ozanne used to be really active on this site and gave really useful advice to people.

• I'm here because I accidently ended up here and saw questions that my daughter asks, or would ask, that were being answered by kids. I thought, "You know, an adult should be answering these questions."

• I just enjoy the site and like to help where I can. I also enjoy hearing a younger persons perspective on issues. I don't feel "old" at all and the proverb "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" is BS.

I have learnt some great stuff on here specifically about how the other sex approaches/views things and what the they are thinking about. It gives me some perspective. There are also some very sweet people on here that are not about being all in your face with their opinion, which is exactly why I like it on here.

I hope the hell I have never come across as being creepy to anyone?

However, in regards to your update... there are certainly many more 20 year old's on here that are just as creepy as the example provided. No matter if you 30,40, or 18, creepy is creepy!

I guess you get "strange/creepy" in every age group!

• I come here to see where I can help no more , no less. Hate it that your bothered by us old geezers being here

• I have a great respect for the older people here, not only guys, but ladies too. Most, if not all, have great experience of life and can give good advice to youngsters to help steer them away from bad decisions that might otherwise be taken just for the excitement.

• Well my favourite take writer @Ozanne who has been away for a while actually wrote a myTake about it.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a21623-why-an-older-woman-uses-gag

• Kidding right? Thank fuck there are older people here! This place looks like a kindergarden!

• Old is gold advice

• i'm more worried about all the 14 year olds that ask sexual questions and post up 'how do I look questions'.

education is one thing but serious legal boundaries are being questioned.

i think this site should have an 18 age restriction.

but yeah, the 40+ creepy old men makes this even worse.

• Can agree

• @dogbert444

I understand: when I was a teenager, I had tons of these questions myself. All the same, their are qualified experts who will take responsibility and for giving good advice (e. g. agony aunts). What's more is that they are publicly scrutinised (by other readers online). This is the way it should be: adults that come online to discuss adult topics amongst themselves shouldn't have to be exposed to these risks. What's more is that young people who are just beginning to learn about themselves and their bodies should only be exposed to the best possible information available, which is why it's the responsibility of the admin to make sure they are confined within safe communities online. The ethics of this is so important and websites like this should take more responsibility.

• They may be qualified experts, but here on GAG we have a much broader range of REAL experiences. Several times, people have asked here about naturism. From my family's experiences, and mine, since before my sis and I were born, I think I'm fully qualified to answer. Not so a "qualified" advisor that has had no experience whatsoever.

It's the same with sexual and relationship problems. We GAGers have had real experience of these. What we did, why it went wrong, what we did, that worked, to put it right. Experience of our mistakes and how we overcame them.

• Your Dad asked me to keep an eye on you, bro. :D

• Well, if they leave, then I, a young teenager, would feel guilty about staying.

I guess this site becomes more and more a society every day!

• I found this site when I was 29. It's been around for a while. Older GAGers still have questions, but of a different variety. Questions on divorce, getting back into the dating game, sexless marriages, etc. It's just as addictive for the older crowd as it is for the younger crowd.

• Everyone likes to ask for and give advice, although users my age and older usually are doing more giving advice than asking for it! :-P

• man they are the best, really I like their answers they have been there done that, I trust their advice more than one in out generation, they know women better than us

• So glad I am under 40 and not creepy yet. Lol.

• Maybe they have a lot of answers to tennagers and yougsters questions. And that's the objective of the website, right? To get answers :)

• They in search of sum LUV too? Confirm by @missnowhere 💐😉

• Age really doesn't matter, however I feel that when given advice, older people, especially women, are often preferred where they don't even give better answers.

• i dont have a problem with it

• For the same reason why you are on GaG

• Maybe they want to share their knowledge and experience so others can learn.

• I've been here for years and I can tell you that there used to be far less teenagers here. It wasn't meant as a website for kids. Now that there are all these younger people and all these "does my crush like me" questions a lot of older folks who used to give great advice have gone.

• I am quite happy to have them teach me wisdom and guide me with lessons of their past. Don't be so judgmental you moron.

• Because the site is for everyone. Aren't we a little judgmental, eh?