Do you want to crush opinions that you hate?

Like when someone says something that just makes no sense don't you want to pull their argument apart?

Or when somene says something thats just so full of shit you want to call them out on it?

Most Helpful Girl

• If they're voicing it strongly and expecting that I'll agree, then yes. I mostly do that in person, though. I find that getting pulled into arguments online is a massive time suck, and it's rare that anyone changes their mind. So if I see an opinion I disagree with, I just post my own or support others in the thread that accurately voice my opinion as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• No I don't care for arguing, it's pointless to me.

What Girls Said 5

• apsolutely, the more someone is rude the more I wanna kill him with kind energy and practaical solid argument
    but sometimes I feel like it's waste of my time and when I'm too attacked I feel it's bad for me cause I can get really upset

• I do but I don't bother because from past experience it will make people hate me more. Now I only debate with people, who end up debating me in one of my answers.

• I do when I feel like its an attack on me, like if someone says "it's your fault that you've been at work all day" when I was at work because all the faxes were broken and I had to fix them when my job is actually just to fax things over, and it couldnt be done without a working fax machine. I crush that.

• I mean more like an opinion on someone else's question, where someone says something completely ridiculous, so maybe not an attack on you but the Asker for example.

• Usually I just let people have their own opinions. Everyones entitled to their own, and it's not my place to try to change that.

• Not at all
    Makes feel mad though and wish my sister would beat their ass for me

• You want your sister to beat the people who have illogical opinions?

• If people throw insults in their argument it usually means they're incapable of properly defending their point, hence the illogical argument, so you're probably right.

• And that is why it be nice to have that person and my sister at the same place

• No, i usually just ignore them.

It's not worth it to me.

What Guys Said 3

• Well if nobody does, then they will keep thinking something that doesn't make sense. We can't have that, can we? :p

• No 99 times out of a 100 I think the argument would turn into me posting 20 comments saying black and the other person posting 20 comments saying white with each person still holding same view at the end - I just say cut to the chase and agree to disagree.

• I find it strange, I would appreciate a different viewpoint if you can give a strong argument against something I've said. Better to re-evaluate what you believe and either change your view or develop a better counter argument. Too many people take it as a personal attack.

Obviously it's pointless if you go back and forth on a matter that is more a personal belief but when it is an inconsistency with their own thoughts or on a matter of how the world work I can't always help myself, when you're wrong you're wrong, somebody's got to tell you.

But perhaps it's better to just post it as a separate question as it seems few people appreciate a good argument.

Then again, there is that 1 in a 100 chance...

• No I just don't want to be attacked for having an opposing opinion. I find Liberals and Socialists to be more intolerant to a difference of opinion.

• I'm fine with differing opinions, but when it makes no sense they should be able either clarify or defend their opinion.