Most high MHO GaGers, savvy or just answer what the OP wants to hear?

I was following the profiles of 3 GaGers with high MHO percentages. I noticed that often the reply didn't have much logic/substance but made the OP happy to read thus making it an MHO.

My question is in general because there's indeed some people out there who really know what they are talking about.

• They are savvy
  • They say what the OP wants to hear

Most Helpful Girl

• They say what the OP wants to hear

What Girls Said 5

• Interesting Question and I don't Believe in the nearly Two years I have been on GAG that I have answered This.
    All of my life, my main mission in my own life, personally speaking, has been to Help Others with their problems. In coming on GAG, I was Able, by the Grace of God, to Continue my Life's Mission to Continue Helping others in need of Some wise ol owl advice.
    Any Answer that I Give and MHO when it should Come, is because Someone trusts my Advice as Being Wise and Sometimes Feel it's the Best from the Rest.
    I don't believe it is because it is Because I have many Followers or friends to boot, but also my Reputation as Having as many MHO has gotten me far, and people feel comfortable in Someone they Feel they can trust who may be the One at that given moment to Help them in their time of need.
    I don't always stop there, for many times over, they will Continue to come to me for more in Store for More good advice.
    Good luck. xx

• really depends on the user. it can't just come down to those 2 options.

• It can and it did.

• my point is that u haven't considered other possibilities. -.-
      obviously in this case it did because there r 2 options in ur poll, so i can see that.

• What do u consider as a high MHO rate?

• 20% plus. But considering a high amount of comments, I had 50% at some point but my account was new and one of two were chosen MHO.

• Oh, I see. Then I can't answer then Lol

• I think you need an option C... could be some of both... or option D... could be either one of A or B.

• Don't know, don't care

What Guys Said 8

• I think it is like Xper hunters there are certain things you can do that help your MHO percentage - How many people actually do this, I don't know - I do think some of the high MHO percenters are genuine I know @dangerdoge and @paris13 put a lot into their answers and I am sure there are others.

• Thank you, @KDA20 for the plug with this, dear.. Yes, I answer to my ability to believe that when I do, it is because I am a wise ol owl much like yourself, sir.. Great pix, by the way. xx

• I often do get the feeling that people respond specifically to get upvotes and MHO. They're either funny, or just agree with every little thing the asker says. This upsets me a little, because I don't see this website as some sort of game or competition. I almost wish MHO wasn't even a thing, but I do understand why it's there.

I try not to comment on anything unless I have a story to share. We learn mostly from life experiences, so I like to share my stories to back my opinions. I'm not just pulling them out of my ass or agreeing with the asker in order to get an upvote. Last time I checked, I was at 20% MHO, which was a surprise to me because I don't really try. I just try to give decent responses to decent questions.

Silly questions get a silly response. That's when I might try to come up with something witty for an upvote, but I admit that most people are just a bit quicker to the punch than I am.

• Most of that is a friendship kind of deal and for others what they want to hear, some are for real though

• i don't really care what people want to hear... no offense to anyone.

i speak my mind and how i feel. I think if you look at my answers you'll see that. I think honesty along with compassion and empathy go a long way

• That's the problem, empathy corrupts honesty.

• Compassion then.

• nope again. compassion is essentially a synonym for empathy meaning sympathy or concern for a person's feelings.

so again i just try and understand a person and help them in that way. but i am also honest and have told people things they didn't want to hear... but if it's the truth people need to hear the truth

• I have a 26% MHO rate, which is possibly pretty high, considering my number of answers.

I hardly, if ever, say whatever the OP wants to hear. I answer according to the context.

• Usually the 2nd one. I don't think I've ever gotten MHO for helping someone, though I've had people thank me before.

I'd like to say I don't care, and I really don't care about Xper (who is it supposed to impress?), but the MHO% thing affects the sort order.

• There definitely is confirmation bias going on gag. They pick what they want to hear.

• Some OP-ers only want to hear their 'verity' and block you if you contradict them twice.