Do you get bothered when somebody doesn't follow you back on here?

I follow people who I've seen around and think they're cool. If they don't follow back it could be just the fact that they forgot or something, and I tend to avoid adding private profiles unless I've become quite fimilat with that person. I don't tend to care much if they don't follow me back. What about you?

• I don't care much of that person doesn't follow me back.
  • I care a lot of they don't follow me back.
  • It depends.
fimiliar** typos haha. I thought of this question when a guy in my class got mad when his friend didn't add him back on Facebook.

Most Helpful Guy

• On twitter, facebook, instagram it is considered something that is important because to ignorant teenagers it determines your life's worth and popularity etc.

However, in this community, the main function and purpose of this website is to Q&A and share opinions. It was never really intended for social purposes in the beginning therefore the follow/followback mechanisms on this website is different than of the social media.

The way i see it, is that on this website, if you find someone interesting or is involved with interesting topics or activities and you'd like to keep up to date with them, then you follow them (maybe because they're your friend or because they offer great advice or ask though provoking questions etc.) You follow them for your own purpose and benefits not really to appease them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really care it's not like I personally know the person. I just follow them because I like what they have to say or ask or I think they're an interesting addition to the site so I can be update to answer questions I also have an interest as well as see what they have to say.

But I'll be honest when I joined I did care lmfao. GAG was like MySpace/Facebook to me and I loved getting follows. Now I don't follow back a lot of people or only follow people for a good reason.

What Guys Said 22

• Naw, mostly it's the girls who don't
    follow back.  They are afraid I'll
    send them nude pics or something.
    Girls here get a lot of that.

For the record, I NEVER do things
    like that, but they wouldn't know.

• "I don't care much if that person doesn't follow me back." i1127.photobucket.com/.../oh-well-o.gif

• I have so many more things going on in my life than notice and worry if someone follows me back on gag lol

• I don't mind that much if I don't get followed back, it's easy to forget to follow people back when in the flow of stuff on this site!

• There are times when I don't follow people back, it is typically if they are very new. If I like their posts I will eventually follow them at some point. I voted A).

• I leave it up to them, most do indeed follow me back. But I'll never treat someone differently for it as long as they're friendly :D

• My policy here is that if someone asks to follow me - I just follow them straight back.

• You follow people who you think are cool? Clearly thats a lie cause you aren't following me :P

• no, if I follow someone then I don't do it in the expectation of them following back because if they'd be interested in my spam they would have followed me probably already in the first place

• Lol no.. I dont get that bothered over this website.

• is that what you're supposed to do? i must be making people upset then

• Nope. I don't even notice half the time lol

• Oops, chose B. I meant to choose A. Sorry! D:

• I don't really care if someone doesn't follow me back.

• irrelevant.

.

• What good is 2 followers? A follower needs a leader.

• Following... stalking... it's a fine line. But my Followers are Classy like that.

• who
    the
    fuck
    cares

• Naw man, life's to short to get upset about stupid shit.

• Doing something to get a certain reaction doesn't make sense to me.

If someone wants me to follow them, they should tell me, but I don't read minds.

• I never follow anyone and nobody follows me

• No as I wouldn't even notice

What Girls Said 15

• LOOK lady! I don't care if you like me or you don't like me! I am the queen of this whole joint! The queen doesn't care! LOL I don't care if anyone follows me because i am not here to see how many follow just here to help.

• I don't really care, it's their loss 😛 Haha jk, but yeah, it's whatever, if they don't feel like following me, I'm not gonna force them.

• I usually don't care, but I know there are people who followed me on my linkywinky account who aren't following me on this new account and it's like why -_- I'm still the same person just a different username!

I wish I could make an appeal to get my username back. Like, I don't need my whole old account. Just swap out the usernames.

• Nah, it doesn't bother me too much. They may not know who I am, even if I've seen and liked their opinions.

• If they don't follow me back I unfollow them.. 😂😁

• I try not to cry. Jk, I don't care :P

• It doesn't bother me if they don't. I follow someone normally because they think their cool because of how they answer and ask things.

• Nah I don t care and mostlt don t follow back.
    Why because I forget, it isn t that big of a deal for me

• No it is ok. They are not obliged to Fallow me back.

• I don't even notice much.

• I don't care, just because I like their opinions/questions, doesn't mean they have to like mine lol

• It's not a big deal if they don't follow me back.

• Nope. I don't care

• Nah, it's ok if they don't

• i dont follow people, but for some reason like 12 people wants to follow me.. but i dont follow back.. doesn't interest me at to follow them, they aren't that fun, smart and amazing lol