Do you think GAG makes a lot of changes for money reasons?

Don't they get paid for making changes to their website somehow? Like every month it seems like they change up something. I think they are losing money and need to make changes in order to keep getting some revenue. Who thinks so too?

• Yep. Changes for pay
  • No. They don't get revenue for making changes (explain below)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• How does this website even make money?

• Advertising and changes? I mean how else can they afford gift cards?

• yeah... I would be sad if this website just shut down! When I win the lottery I am buying gag!

• lol.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you are part right - I think they are making a lot of changes to attract new users which does have some economic reasons at the bottom of it all.

• Well I think you are partly right. Yes changes could prompt new users, but companies could also be wanting them to add features to their websites and these companies may pay them for it. For example the Amazon gift cards. Obviously Amazon would like for GAG's users to use Amazon. Hence the giftcards. Hence GAG probably gets paid for it. I mean in all actuality the owner of GAG is rich. He owns Virgin airlines I believe. So it's not that big of a deal if he doesn't make a lot of revenue but some revenue is being made because I know the admins get paid. So again companies are probably sponsoring them to use new features and they are getting paid for it.

• Also, writers pay GAG to advertise too. I'm sure you've seen the little Mytake editorials when they interview some so called "expert".

• Wait what. They generate revenue through updating the website? Am I missing something here.
    Why would they get money from making changes. The only thing I can think of is if they were contractually obligated to do so, for some reason...

• Probably through some kind of website investment thing. I don't know.

• "Hey add this special tool bar to your website... we'll pay you for it."