Do you think we should be able to comment on opinions anonymously?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm I think we used to have that feature. I wouldn't care but the trolling on here would double

• Used to? I can make my comment Anonymous right now if I want.

• OH oh oh , on "an opinion" haha, I guess I'm the one who got confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• I really like the anonymous feature for opinions, but I wouldn't want it for replies. I don't see a point.

If someone disagrees with my opinion and tries to start an argument, then it'd be a really passive move for him or her to be able to do it anonymously. I'm sure the anonymity would cause more people to be snarky and rude and not have filters.

Not having an anonymous feature for replies sort of protects opinion owners from having their opinions attacked.

What Guys Said 10

• Anonymity releases a monster in many folks.
    Even though we're still relatively unknown as an actual person, our persona here as an identity has a fair amount of investment devoted to it. We're not as inclined to jump out and attack someone (unless they are just too dammed ignorant, they had it coming).. then go hind behind a place they'd never find you. If there is no accountability, even from peer pressure, anarchy will ensue. If someone didn't like the way you used a coma in a sentence, you'd receive the electromagnetic equivalent of being drawn & quartered, burned at the stake, and forced to watch Miley Cirus videos until your Optic nerves recoiled in such absolute abhorrence, they'd retreat to the point you'd be looking at yourself looking at yourself!
    Do you understand what is at stake, now?

• No, of course not. That's an awful idea, I don't want anons in my opinions, it's my opinion, you should show yourself if you're gonna talk to me.

• yes but anons besides the trolls are more honest

• @imanf7 Same happens to me, but I don't care, I don't want anything to do with an immature person who believes they can express their opinion, but gets mad when others express their's.
      I've been blocked a lot when I said I disagreed with them.
      The other day a girl blocked me because I said I'm against cheating. I'm glad she did, now I won't waste my time with stupid people like her.

• haha , i read that , most of the girls were with her

• If we can ask questions anon, we shud be able to comment anon also. It does not make any sense one way.

• I disagree with that anonymous protects people for multiple reasons like asking something embarrassing but you really need the advice whether it's about health, relationships, etc.

If they let people go anonymous for comments all hell will break lose because there's trolls and people who are extremely rude and that would just double in size if we allow them to leave pointless or rude remarks. If people aretoo afraid to say it with your face showing or your name up there then 99.9% of the time it's best for them to keep it to their self

• You really care when people down vote you? They simply disagree with you or they do it for absolutely no reason.

And that makes no since if you're against us being allowed to down vote peoples opinions without saying why then why on earth would you approve of us being able to leave anonymous comments? That'll be even further from your wish of us having to comment with down votes.

• That encourages more offensive, useless comments being put up.

• I say yes, allow anonymous comments until it becomes an issue, then take it away if necessary. :-D

• Ugh.. if that was possible it would just open a HUGE can of worms.

• Yes, if I so choose

• comment on "opinions", in my mind I was thinking commenting on questions, lol 8)

-Not like it would matter, the only thing that matters is the comment, not necessarily the person who made the comment.

• Well, i always defend liberty of choice, so yeah.

• YES!!!
    every website would have trolls regardless there's an anonymous feature so it wouldn't hurt to add something like this.

people should care the content of the posts. not who was is from.

if someone is trolling or harassing you anonymously then just report them like a normal person would. Would any of you act any different if it was an unanonymous user who's bothering you?

• Yes! It's something I've always wanted

What Girls Said 10

• I think you should do what makes you happy.

• No if you have something to say and you have the balls to say it just spit it out if you have to go hide behind the anonymous button then it's probably best left unsaid...

• and for what? ... I think that would only bring problems... because people like to attack others under annonymous... why not be brave enough to attack without hiding? That's really all that would do if GaG were to add that feature.

We do not need more drama on here... that's what soap operas are for.

• That would be advantage for some, would it not? I feel almost everything people suggest, usually all reply comments are "No, that would be an advantage for the trolls!" But, it is true in this case.

• No way, there's too many haters out there.

• No, that's a total pussy move.

• No! That would only encourage more trolling. Why do you want to be able to post comments anonymously? Because you want to troll? Own up to what you have to say.

• Why are you making assumptions? I personally don't think it's needed, I was just wondering if others did. Jesus...

• Was just wondering why you even asked. People make assumptions if you say or don't say something. That's life. And I was not necessarily directing the last sentence at you. More at the entire gag.

• We used to be able to but I think it was changed pretty recently. I really wouldn't care either way though.

• Really? I've been here since 2013 and I don't ever remember them allowing us to go anonymous... But I could be wrong.

• GAG could drop the whole anon feature for all I care.

• Nah, I don't think we should