Why is GAG so addictive?

Why is it if I have nothing to do even or at times when I do have better things to do I always end up here? Is GAG so addictive we can't stay away?

• GAG is that addictive.
  • I can't stay away either.
  • I don't know why I'm here?
  • Nothing better to do.
  • It's only you.
  • We're all bananazzzz.

Most Helpful Guy

• We humans have this insatiable urge to be heard and I don't think anyone is an exception. Till the 1980s only a few privileged &/or accomplished ones could be heard in the mass media. But after the internet boom social media etc this urge of the common man or woman has been satiated.

Especially a site like GAG where one can remain anon and yet ask almost anything and opine almost uncensored sure can be addictive. There will be a time when it becomes too much and one may take a sabbatical or quit but will be back again for sure (well almost) lol

It's just human nature :) and for me it's a productive way to spend spare time :)

Inferring from the above I'll vote 'A' :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I ask. myself this daily lol. Although I've lowered my usage, I still come here at least twice a day.

What Guys Said 18

• GAG has a pretty successful formula. It has a mix between being able to be anonymous as well as showing yourself off + there's the ability to switch between the two. On most forums you log on with your name and that's how you post there. You also get to express yourself and your feelings all the time and you get to ask and answer questions. And there's the interactivity.

That and the fact that when you reach higher and higher exp levels you don't want to get off the site and let it all go to waste lol

• How many places allow you to give almost uncensored opinions of other people's lives? And, more and more, you get insights into other cultures and their takes on relationships.

Fascinating!

• You get points for telling people what you think and you get a bunch of upvotes and notifications which keeps you eager, there's always new comments and new questions and new opinions and points points points your brain feels extremely rewarded

• I am addicted to this place cause it's so much easier to talk to the opposite sex here than in real life. I couldn't ask HALF the questions to someone in real life without them thinking I am creepy.

Plus the people I meet on here are way less judgmental and more accepting of me and my interests.

• I have to agree many of the questions I see here you could never ask face to face. lol hahaha

• To me it's a place where I can be completely open and it doesn't matter because nobody knows me in real life here lol

• Haha I can only vote A. It's because of the interaction. We all speak so often that we're friends and that social contact is nice :D

• I've been asking myself this question over and over.

• Haha yeah I know its because it has a reward system way higher than just meaningless points like other sites it has actual rewards like TGIF Friday gift cards which you could use to pay for food, or amazon gift cards, or free shirts.

• No thats not it. I would give mine away if I could.

• I'll keep it in mind. To be honest i want to give it to a charity some how.

• Oh well okay that's good too :)

• I think the same thing. I think its good because you can ask people things in confidence that you may be too embarassed to ask someone face to face. I think its good that someone will answer within seconds and apart from the few idiots who don't help at all there's some good people on here who give good honest, real life answers without judging or calling you a freak or pathetic or whatever. Overall some nice honest people ;-D

• It's very educational regarding people of the opposite sex,(which I feel is mostly the point of the site), and often just fun. :)

• The guys that invented the concept bewinf GaG were very smart. This kind of system really makes people return and participate. They know what they are doing.

• Studying Psychology is what I do.

What better place to gather insight on such a thing.

• The answering of questions here is such a rhythmic thing, easy to lose time! :-D

• Probably because of the nicotine

• i always used to go on forums like ttg and shit and found this so i just like stuff like this

• IKR? Screw Facebook, this is my new jam XD lol.

• because there is the anonymous feature on this site. And you'd get more opinions on here than most random Yahoo Answers questions.

• Because you can chat with the opposite sex all you want.

What Girls Said 11

• Almost the same way as you
    > someone is there most times when no one else is comm available
    > after running all my "traps", can still wake up slowly with coffee to this
    > need loads more typing/spelling practice in order to spend less corrective time on computer in the real world
    > some questions are a reward via interesting or titillating
    > attractive people like you weigh in on things
    > bad weather, slow business can drive me here... like right NOW!

• Banana 🍌🍌🍌

• for me it's just a great way to procrastinate hahah

• I can't stay away either. I can't stay away either. I can't stay away either!!!

• Because it is darn it!

• because its so damn addictive lol

• i told myself yesterday i would NOT log on GaG for at least another week, and looked what happened...

• It really is that addicted, and I can't stay away. I totally get it, haha.

• Because it is so addictive to respond questions. Plus feeling of helping people is just great.

• because none of us has a fulfilled life

• Life can't be that bad? Is it?

• lol, no. I'm mostly being sarcastic. but, seriously if any of us had more of what we need out of life we wouldn't be on here all day

• LMAO hahaha Your so right.

• Because... ummm i dont have an answer lol