What do Gag 'editors' do? I was briefly a mod, but an editor? What is there to edit?

Just curious!

Most Helpful Girl

• People always ask me frequently, what I edit, lol. I don't know why they made that the title exactly, but it popped up one day next to my name, and I found out from the GaG FAQ page that it just meant that, in their words, I contribute at least 2 takes per month on a frequent basis, they are well written, and generally free of massive spelling and grammar errors. Anyone can be one. If you are into racking up points, it's the fastest way to get them because they automatically begin to feature your takes which gives you about 150 pts per take.

What Girls Said 5

• Users are awarded Editor status due to their consistent writing of myTakes that admins promote and/or feature. Being an Editor just means that all the myTakes they write will be instantly promoted rather than waiting for an admin to manually approve it. This information can also be found in the FAQ :) http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#185

• They're people who write a lot of my take articles. Basically, all the my takes they submit will get featured right away even if it's not even quality material. They don't actually get to edit anything - it's a misleading label that gives them no special powers or anything.

Here's the original article about what editors are: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a21909-become-an-editor-for-girlsaskguys

• I wished editors did actually get to edit.
      It sucks submitting a mytake only to realize there's a couple of errors you overlooked.
      It drives me crazy not being able to fit it.

• @Stacyzee: I hope that becomes a feature in the future, but only for MyTakes and only for people at the "editor" level. Otherwise it's going to be abused by people who regret what they posted or who said something controversial and use it to back pedal or something.

• Yes, I agree.

• hmm... I am not sure.. they just make lots of my takes...

• Editors write mytakes

• Editors write my Takes I think
    At least 2 takes a month

What Guys Said 4

• I was wondering why I kept seeing 5th grade material from the same gager over and over and over. Now I know, just make a bunch of lists. Top 10 pasta noodles, top 10 songs, top 10 pizza toppings, top 10 stds.

• as a master you should know the FAQ :P

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#185

• well, everyone has given you the correct answer... but what i will add is that there's a notable lack of male editors. 90% of the editors I've seen are women. I find that, interesting, to say the least :)

• It means your takes automatically get featured and skip the line