How many questions, or takes, or whatever, did it take those who are GaG Guru's or Masters to get there and how long did it take you to get there?

It seems like it would take a crazy insane number and A LOT of time. Do you just really really really like giving advice or did you one day decide to make it your mission and therefore make a concerted effort to reach that status? I'm always curious every time I see one floating through a question or take.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to be honest - I made an effort to get as many Xper as I could till about 45,000 and I was so burned out, I nearly left the site - It just isn't worth it, I have cooled down and enjoy the site much more now - I was nuts, I got Master in 6 months answering 30,000 questions - Most of the time just being like a robot answering hundreds of questions everyday with not that good answers just for the Xper points.
    I now care a lot more about the answers I give and it is so much better.

• That's really hard to imagine. You give such thought out answers and advice, the ones that I've seen - it's hard to believe you were on that xper mining train.

• Thanks for MHG

Most Helpful Girl

• It took me like a little less than 3 months to become a Guru. I just don't have a life and I'm addicted to this site.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm still trying to get my Amazon gift card, lol but those people have been on for quite some time and are regulars that answer a lot of questions plus put out a lot of them too

• My birthday is coming up, so I thought why not aim for that gift card for the hell of it, but in trying to get there, I was like I can't imagine doing 50k points... eesh.

• I think it's 7,000 points to get it unless they upped again

• Yeah, no, I know. I managed to get that many a couple of days ago. Happy Birthday to me, hee hee. It helps if you become or are made an editor, but then again, I like writing a few takes, I know a lot of people don't.

• It took me seven years, lots of all those things... I'm not one of the people who give hundreds of two word useless 'answers' every day just to accumulate Amazon cards.

• Took me quite a few years to get to Master status!

What Girls Said 4

• it depends on how much time u spend here lol. people who r on here a lot can get it in a year. i've been on for 2.5yrs and i just got it recently. the amount of opinions on average it would take is 22-23000.

personally, i really made no effort to get my xper up lol. i was just kinda just here and doin my thing, and yeah over time that stuff just accumulated. even with the gift cards and stuff, I've only used 2 and have like another 6 i haven't used lol. now that I've been given mod and editor though, i am a tad more conscious about my contribution to the site, but it doesn't change who i am as a person.

• 2.5 years seems realistic, but that's crazy, some 23,000 opinions. I can't even imagine! Good for you.

• yeah something like that.
      thanks =]

• I've been on here since 1/8/2011 so that explains why I'm probably a master. I've also given a total of 12,761 opinions so yeah that's a lot too. It takes time and lots of it. I'm not on here THAT much especially now when I'm working a full time job or during my uni semester but the opinions add up over time. I wouldn't say it's a goal of mine to reach a certain level or anything. I really just answer when I have time and genuinely want to and feel like it.

• I was literally just thinking about this

• It took me about 2 years to become a Guru. Then again I was off work for close to 6 months " recovering from injuries & surgery" with out much else to do.