Do you think people take advantage of the MyTake feature on here?

I do, especially lately. I feel like people write things to either

A) Rant and rave about the other gender.

B) To talk disrespectfully about people and doing so in a crude manner.

C) To put up disrespectful and immature pictures, that at times border on porngraphic (or at least inappropriate)

And, last but not least

D) To get a rise out of people and just basically stir the pot and cause trouble.

They are always making changes on here and I feel they should focus on changing the type of people that use this site, instead of the site itself. That's just my opinion though.

So, do you think people misuse the mytake feature? If so, what do you think they should do about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, people misuse it. Do nothing about it and wait for people to get bored of trolling. I think the problem stems from the removal of pretty benign posts due to blatant bias and lack of objectivity on account of the mods and admins, people get pissed off and just start posting whatever they like because they might as well; since the rules and guidelines are regularly broken by the guardians of the site themselves.

• You'll rarely ever see a mod/admin brake a rule. You must not be very familiar with what exactly is and is not allowed on this site.

• I've seen mods being antagonistic tossers on many an occasion... and getting posts removed.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's part of the reason I mostly stay out of the mytakes. They're a pain to report too since they've been "preapproved". It's healthier for me to just stick to questions.

What Guys Said 7

• Do they take advantage of it? Well, if they use it they are taking advantage of it. Do they misuse it? If they violate the terms of conduct on here, then they are misusing it. Otherwise, they are just using it the way it was intended - to express their take on something.

• I don't think they care who uses this site for the most part, so long as people use it. This is a business first and foremost- foot traffic is money.

I also don't think anyone misuses any feature on this site. Things are here to do with what ever you wish, provided you stay within the confines of the site rules.

• That sounds like censorship to me. If people write some offensive things, ignore it. No one is forcing you to read it.

• Unless the admins choose a My Take to promote, hardly anyone reads it.
    And the admins currently are pretty 
    cagey people, they aren't going
    to pick those Takes you mention.

Try to take it easy!

• Actaully, they did pick those takes I mentioned lol.

• Sure, take your pick. Should we start with the girl who just wrote about how blondes are better then girls with other hair colors in the most ridiculous ways or the girl who was telling girls it's okay to have standards and then proceed to use crude languge and talk disrespectfully about guys. Where would you like to start?

• I don't agree with that My Take on blondes, but it's a fact that a lot of men buy into that mystique, and a lot of girls dye their hair, still today, to take advantage of it.

So it's a subject worth discussing, and whatever you think of that My Take, it WAS well written!

• Mytakes are the worst feature ever added to this site. They're a platform for people to spread their stupid little opinions uninvited. This used to be a q&a site, not a place for people to rant.

That's what fucking 4chan is for.

• My view on this is to incorporate your own censorship into this. You see something that you don't like just skip it and move onto something you will like.

• But, until you read it you don't what it's about. So, it's not easy to skip something you never read.

• Yup just like on opinions and questions, people troll on the MyTakes as well. It's just part of the internet. Just report the obvious rule breaking ones!

• That's the problem, they are not necessarily breaking the rules. And, the examples I gave were from takes I read this week and I only saw them because they were on the featured page.

By the way, nice Turkey lol.

• U gonna not eat turkey and eat ham instead? 8-)

• Haha, no. It will be Turkey, even though I'm not a big fan of it.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah I agree. Some MyTakes are not in any way helpful and is just basically the diary of a angry person ranting out their feelings and opinions. MyTakes that give actual advice is what I enjoy.

• I work so hard on my take... just because it wasn't sexist it never got feature.

• I don't have time for drama queens. I just ignore them if I can tell they aren't legitimately looking for an insightful answer.

They just want attention anyway—why give it to them?

• On G@G there are questions, but also myTakes. They are not the same. The myTake is not designed to look for an answer. It is a chance to express their thoughts/beliefs/etc. And sure they want attention. But way over half the questions are on here not to learn something, but to get attention. No surprise.

• @Red_Arrow Oh. I misread your reply. Sorry

• All is well. :-)