Why do so many more guys comment on questions and mytakes than girls?

so many qs and mytakes on here have way more guys commenting on them than girls... anyone know why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have noticed that more in the regular commentators, they seem to be predominately male whereas the female regulars seem more into the social side of the site. The right fun/social question will have an equal number of female comments perhaps even more but the heavier stuff seems to have more male comments. That said I rarely look at the sex or relationship questions so I don't know breakdown in those.
    Why - That is a multi level answer - Probably the most likely is the personality of the male/female users of sites like this - I honestly don't know why but I think it works for me as I like GaG the way it currently is.
    Of course I will have to say there are plenty of female users who get stuck into the heavy stuff and male users who have a lot of fun as well but I do agree it is a peculiar phenomenon I have noticed before, this scenario in your question.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess guys on this site tend to have a lot more they wanna say? lol. Overall the women here seem to be a lot less argumentative than the dudes.

What Guys Said 4

• to begin with I thought it was just because women don't really care for all the "why can't I get a girlfriend, wo is me" questions. then I came to realise even on the kind of topics you'd expect women to be interested in, they just don't really post as much as men.

my theory is testosterone makes men more vocal about their opinions, and oestrogen makes women more subdued.

• May be there are more guys than gorls here or maybe girls like more to read than go write 😀

• Why is the Sky blue? I don't know and I don't care.

• because we are nolifers without girlfriends and unlimited time in our hands... .

What Girls Said 1

• More girls than boys so more girls commenting.