Have you ever met a catfish on gag?

I'm getting paranoid

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeeep, the most recent one that has come to mind was from 2 days ago...
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1784675-rate-me-honestly-1-10

All you have to do is reverse image search whatever picture they put up. I usually see them on "rate me 1-10" questions, but I've also caught multiple profiles with them. Usually they are girl profiles with fake pics, but I've seen guy ones as well.

Basically, if someone looks too attractive to be true... Chances are that they are. For the most part, catfishes are xper 1 as well. They often deactivate when they get called out lol

Most Helpful Girl

• No but if you suspect someone is a catfish, ask them to send you a picture of them touching their ear with their pinky finger.

What Guys Said 21

• Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of them around.

Maybe I'm one too?

Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/.../...z-11171-1390414625-5.gif

• Yhea, i've met a scammer here onces

On no site ever you'll be safe, as long as they are allowed to communicate then theyll attempt to catfish you
    Quick and easy check is to Google thier : Name, Email, search on thier photo's and if you are really worried you can also ask the person for a photo of them with a spesific thing, like holding a potato :P

• Yes, she was a popular GAGer, everyone liked her here. I started talking to her then I noticed something... a few years back before I started using GAG I was on Y! A, and I started talking to this girl, let's call her Amy, anyway Amy and I would talk almost everyday about music, movies, art etc etc... then one day I never heard from her again. It turns out she lied about her last name and among other things that I will not disclose. Flash forward to a year later, I made an account on GAG and I became "friends" with someone here. I then started to notice similarities between her and Amy... she liked the same films, music, the same middle name as her, they both lived in the same state, same age, best friends with the same exact names... the list goes on and on. At first I blew it off saying they were just coincidences, but it was just so MANY coincidences that it's more than just a coincidence, they are the SAME person.

• Holy shit, what did you do?

• Well, at first I would take long to respond to her messages, then I just stopped talking to her altogether. It was just weird lol. If your intuition is telling you something about this person, listen to it.

• I've been suspicious of some 'girls', but how would I prove it?

• Haha all of the old timers have talked to the most famous catfish ever on GAG... she "seemed" from Austria but nothing was what it looked like :-(

• Intriguing

• "She" has had a bunch of usernames over the year, both male and female. In the end there were indications she was probably a he :o
      The user managed to catfish several dozen people... and seemed to be mentally pretty ill :-(

• Oh that's pretty sad actually. I hope they got help.

• I think I have - I met a very dubious 13 year old girl.

• what's a catfish

• Wait, really?

• Someone who puts up fake pictures and pretends to be them

• Oh, close enough to the urban dictionary definition. I'm sure people do, lots of people arn't confident in themselves or proud of who they are so they hide it. Not surprising

• I don't think so? I've snap chatted with most my gag friends for proof they're real

• I have, but the catfish was so dumb as to use the picture of some girl who sings. He or she was actually using a girl name but not the name of the girl in the picture.

• Oh yes lol

• There's a lot here!

• There are most guys pretending to be horny girls

• U juz caught a perrty BIC one right here anon babez 😘

• I haven't used gag in 2 years... what's a catfish? I have never heard that term before.

• Google it

• Ohh... in that case... ask them if they have facebook... I'm not sure if that helps... as long as you don't send them fabulous pictures of yourself... :)

• No Facebook unfortunately. Don't worry, I don't send anything that could be embarrassing

• Yes.

I-love-people is a catfish

• No but I wouldn't be suprised.

• MANY catfish on here, yes. But 90% of the time, its girls who do it

• We don't need another witch hunt. Just use common sense.

• I have no idea. I suppose I may have, but definitely not in person.

• just found it

What Girls Said 11

• Plenty of catfish.

• no i have not!

• Nope. If I get emotionally invested in someone I search them on facebook, I Skype them, I get them to send me pics. The usual stuff. Never been catfished thank god.

• tbh its pretty common

• They're all over the place

• There's plenty here

• there was once a planet of sand... that was thwarted by a lover of puns.

• Yes I have. I caught one before. Smh.

• Welcom back it's good to see here on gag again :D

• Did you ever get suss before it? Or only once you saw the photo?

• @heater55 Unfortunately, only when I saw the photo. I still know for sure it was a girl, but she wasn't who she said she was, after all. I never confronted her about it though, I just simply dropped ever talking to her again, LOL. No hard feelings or anything, just not trying to spend my time on someone like that.

• no because i rarely talk to people on here and rarely private message people.

• there have been a few notable ones on here

• Way too many.