How the hell do you get MHOed?

I've never been MHOed before, this is fucking ridiculous. WTF does it take to get MHO?

• I dunno
  • I know

Most Helpful Girl

• You give answers that best tries to help the Asker. This includes taking the time to really address the problem/issue/question they've posted, and not writing some lame or non-related comment.

So, for example, if someone asks something like, "This guy keeps flirting with me, and he keeps holding my hand. what does this mean?" ... etc... background details... etc... (not the best example, but it'll do).
    If they give some background/story, then you take the time to write your answer on what you think. A BAD answer to the example would be, "He's flirting cuz he wants to fuck you." (it states the obvious, it's crass, and it doesn't REALLY help the Asker. It's basically trolling the Asker.)

(I'm not bragging, but take it from me, at my highest, I had a 70% MHO rating, so I think I know a little of what I'm talking about.)

Most Helpful Guy

• If one's answer is helpful, well-formatted, and most importantly,

tactful,

then one's odds for MHO increases.

----

Personally I do like how GaG has adjusted the XPer system to reward helpful optimistic people (extra points for getting MHO, and for getting upvoted by the user), especially with the increase of nonsensical trolling happening around here!

What Girls Said 11

• You give good answers

• What are you talking about? Your MHO percentage is 40% and you have been given 8 MHOs -_-

• In most cases you just have to tell the asker EXACTLY what they wanna hear. They just want people to tell them they're right in whatever they think or do lol

Obvsly I couldn't care less. I guess I value my own opinions too much :P

• Because I am awesome!

• You have to do as I say!

• You give good answers,, sometimes well thought out answers, sometimes asker just wants someone to agree with them.

• Show you understand what they mean, don't tell them HOW they should feel instead, because that's counterintuitive. Then offer a practical solution. This seems the socially intelligent and most logical type of response to me.

• Tell the asker exactly what they want to hear I guess. Clearly I don't do that. I'm here to share my opinions regardless of what they want to hear.

• Either tell the asker what they want to hear or give a really good answer.

• I know that you did have MHO before ;)

• I gotchu 😛

What Guys Said 13

• Say something that they agree with, tell them what they want to hear, play to their confirmation bias. lol

• Shall I ask a question specifically to give you mho, or would that not feel the same as getting mho fair and square? ahha

• I have no idea. But with this attitude, you probably never will now. Don't expect to get one. I don't. I just like helping people. If I get MHO'd, then great! If not, then who cares?

• Start with joke and then give real answer covering all points, maybe lie a little and you get MhO

• If you really want one. Only answer questions with 1 or two responses, agree with the asker, and be funny. Keep it up and you should have your MHO cherry popped.

• I used to get more MHO... No idea why these days I do not get much anymore

• you need to give good/ the best answer's and comments

• U give helpful answers, no sarcasm.

The MHO life, or the fun life

• leave a good response to the question and the question asker may give you MHO. its not that hard

• Its actually a lot easier than you think, you try your best to provide informative, useful answers and people will usually give you credit for it

• he's showing off his MHO %.

duh

• There's a couple ways:

-Put a lot of effort into your answer.
    -Kiss the question asker's ass

• It says on your profile that you were Most Helpful in 6 out of 18 answers - 33% MHO... so you most certainly did have MHO.