Should GAG show you who has you blocked?

So I just wrote an opinion of more than 1 thousand words, just to realize after I clicked submit that the girl had blocked me (don't know the reason cause I've never talked to her).
If I would have known she had me blocked, I wouldn't have wasted my time writing that long comment.

So should GAG add an icon next to the users name that shows they have you blocked?

I don't know how seriously GAG takes these questions and if they take them into consideration, but it's worth a try, cause it's not the first time this happens and it pisses me off all that time wasted.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• On one hand it would be nice for that kind of situation, but on the other it could cause a lot of animosity. Like now it's easy to forget who has you blocked and just wander off. If there was a little key or something then it would become a source of constant annoyance and contempt.

• But the person blocked can't contact that person no matter what, so I don't know what problems would cause :/

• @Mesonfielde No one care what you have to say and I know I really don't care what you have to say. Leave me alone, Mesonfielde.

• Good grief, never mind then. Sheesh.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell to the no!
    .
    Those hateful people would make a second account and troll / harass the users who blocked him/her.

#DontDoIt , @GirlsAskGuys !

• I know many people who have blocked me, I could make a second account and harass them. In the end, you're gonna know if they have you blocked or no, so having a small icon that tells you you're blocked, will save you time if you plan on replying to them.

• Not a list, just an icon like the one that shows you you follow that user. Or when you click the button to comment on their opinion, or answer their question, they should tell you that you're blocked.

• Not a list, just an indicator. Like the one that shows the asker upvoted their post, or you are following that person. I think that'd be enough. So that you're warned beforehand that no, you cannot post on that opinion/question.

What Girls Said 18

• That sounds like a practical, fair idea. I don't see why someone who's blocked you and made the decision to exclude you from their online environment should have a problem with you knowing that you're blocked.

• Exactly, especially if I'm gonna know anyways if I decide to vote their opinion.

• @Asker Riiiight! You may as well be informed sooner rather than later so you don't waste your time!

• Yes I think so. I've fallen into the same trap and you and went ahead typing a huge reply only to find out I'm blocked. I was pretty pissed off :/

• You're a mod, do you know if the admins take notes on this kind of suggestions?

• I'm not 100% sure but I think they do as they are always saying we should feel free to give suggestions all the time. I think there's a chance they'll listen :)

• I'm sorry, I cannot help but laugh at this!! Lmaooooo.

I guess maybe. I cannot even count how many people have me blocked. I voted no though.

• Yes! I definitely think it's necessary in cases like these. I've seen so many comments like what you just wrote about writing out a long comment only to realize they've been blocked. It's not fair.

• LOL u poor thing.
    yeah id like to see who blocks and who unfollows actually. just sayin.

• No because that would be anyoning if it clearly stated blocked... although I see your point!

• Why would it be annoying, it's just a small icon, like the one that shows you that you follow that person.

• oh I image you were asking about like letters...

• Absolutely! I'd like to know who so I have the option of blocking back.

• In such cases, yes, they should definitely show you if you start writing an answer to a question of some person who blocked you... that way - you wouldn't waste your time.

• yes i think that this would be very helpful

• I don't think it should come up as some sort of list of all the people you've been blocked by but I think it should at least show if someone has blocked you when you go to comment on someone or simply not allow you to as you're blocked

• Yeah, I don't like a list, but something like what you said, or next to their MHO percentage, show an icon that means you're blocked, just like the icon that shows you're following that person.

• I don't see the problem with this at all. You will find out that they blocked you after you try to post a reply to them, anyway, so why not know ahead of time and save your time and effort.

• If they blocked you it's for a reason. Informing you of who blocked you would defeat the purpose of there being a block option

• Not really. I know they've blocked me for a reason, but if I'm gonna write a comment on their opinion, or even voting their opinion, I'm gonna know if they have me blocked, so why not show us?

• I've had this problem many times. I think they should have an icon or something

• Like a prohibition sign or something. We'll eventually gonna know they have us blocked, so why not tell us beforehand?

• couldn't agree more

• 1000 words wasted? Should've just posted a picture. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea but it'll be a little awkward at first when we first see who has blocked us.

• Yeah, but it only takes one click on the upvote/downvote button to know if they have you blocked, so it's no secret.

• I know, but your way it would be more obvious. Which is kinda good. Isn't that the point?

• Yeah, that's the point, make it obvious in order to avoid wasting time. I don't care if they have me blocked, I care about my time.

• I d like to know more who s downvoting me😒

• Yeah, I'd like to see who upvotes and who downvotes too. A few months ago they asked us if we would want to see that and most people said yes, but they never added it :/

• Yuuu
      Why😿

• I don't know, I was happy to see they were thinking about it, but disappointed that they never added that feature.

• Yea I know many have but I don't know who and I'm curious

• Most definitely GAG should show who has blocked you.

• Yeah, I think it'll be a good idea.

What Guys Said 17

• I've been complaining for years. I've had the same experience you described.

If I can, I post my comment on someone else's answer to the question, if the person blocking me is not the asker.

But yes, it would be nice if we knew the person was blocking us before we waste time making a comment to them, or on a My Take.

• Yes, sounds like a very good idea, I think GAG should show us who has blocked us, at least we deserve to know that.

• Just a bunch of bitches i provoke in return out of pure enjoyment man lol idc who they are

• But if you spend 5+ minutes writing an opinion for nothing because they've blocked you, I do care. It's not because I wanna keep a record of who's blocked me, but in order to avoid wasting my time. After all, I'm gonna know if they've blocked me just by trying to vote their opinion, so it's not like it's gonna be a secret.

• oh thats true good point

• I really don't care to know who has me blocked

• I can relate to that problem and I do think it would be great if they somehow told you BEFORE you try to post.

• I don't know. I usually know who blocked me, especially if someone seems heated after having a conversation with me on here. I don't get heated, but others do.

• Happened to me too.
    I was destroying some girl in an argument and then she just put her final statement and blocked me so I couldn't respond.

• Hahaha that has happened several times. They're so immature.

• The only time I blocked people was when they were spamming me because they were butthurt. I say things like they are. I have no tolerance for bitching.
      I am now following you. We seem to think a like.

• I've never blocked anyone, and I don't plan to unless they spam me, like you. If we disagree, cool, but I think it's childish to block for that.
      I followed you back.

• Don't make a difference to me.

• They should but I doubt they actually listen to any of these requests. When they do update the site they always add useless features that literally nobody asked for.

• I couldn't care less who blocks me, they are just babies who cannot handle an independent man telling them what they don't want to hear. I'm forth-right and this will inevitably cause some sensitive types to cry into their chickpea soup. Not my problemo, so I vote no!

• yup, good idea 👍

• I say no because im the type to make another account just curios on why they would block me

• If you can't upvote his/her opinion, you're blocked.

• I know, but I want to know before writing a long opinion and then realize it's useless because I'm blocked.

• I know. The whole blocking has gone beyond it's aim.
      It was made to stop stalkers, insulters and penis picture senders. Now it's abused to block a discussion.

It should be limited in time: 24 hours or a week, not for eternity.

• That's a good idea.

• Just one person has so far blocked me, so i don't need it. @Homicidal_Queen

• Yes so I can block them

• no. dunno why you care so much who blocks you. why do you reckon people owe you time?

• Was it paris? Cuz she blocked me too and I have no idea why.

Her political views suggest she's delusional and paranoid though so there's that.