Should questions about ethnicity and race by anonymous people be deleted?

Nearly always, these people are stating racist and ignorant opinions, and any discussion turns into name-caling and then you are blocked.

There's no intimate personal aspect to such questions, so why allow them from anonymous posters?

Get a load of Bear here, new on the site as of 11/15, so knows nothing about the history of these questions, but still hs his 16 year old opinion quite firmly

Most Helpful Girl

• If they are blatantly racist or xenophobic, then yes of course they should be removed. But I don't think questions or posts that mention race or ethnicity in a non offensive way should be banned. That's way to "big brother" like for me and would just further the whole agenda of political correctness in my opinion - by banning any subject that could potentially hurt the precious little feelings of sensitive people.

Anons do make up a good portion of the trolls here though which is why I believe that option should just be limited to the relationship and sex topics (because of the intimate nature of those topics), and eliminated everywhere else on the website. I don't know if that's ever going to happen, but I can hope. I don't see a need for it anywhere else.

When anonymous people block your account, you can actually continue to post on their question unless they reveal themselves by going public. And they should know that, because when you go anon it actually reminds you that blocked users can comment on your question or answer.

• Those questions when posed by anonys are rarely anything but racist rants, that's the issue

• There would be hardly any if they couldn't post them anonymously. Theee people are cowards, among other things, and they know they are racists... they don't want to be identified.

• That's what I'm saying, basically. This is the Internet, so there's always going to be a cesspool of ignorance and GAG is definitely not an exception. But since most people are scared of marring their reputations on here, they won't want to attach their name to racist BS.

What Girls Said 5

• yes i think they should!

• They should be. If people can't say it publicly it basically means they don't have the guts to do so.

• Usually because they're just spewing racist nonsense, and they know it, so they hide.

If we didn't let them hide, they wouldn't be polluting the site this way, not very often!!!

• Exactly. They should be deleted or the asker must be public.

• yea or there should be a topic for it

• Nah.. Those hard and fast rules never work

• No. I enjoy seeing who the idiots who post those naive questions.

• Well, that's my point, we should MAKEthem surface, at least
      with a darn user name,not allow them
      to be anonymous with such drivel.

What Guys Said 7

• Anonimity would allow people to speak thier mind freely, however this is not always a good thing, but if i would know Black people and they knew me on this site then i would deff 100% go anon on a topic about race
    But since i dont know anyone on this site i dont bother

But there are also (mainly younger members) that never made thier own opinion and probably copy everything they seen on the (social) media
    Perhaps it would be a better idea instead of removing anon to give it the option for people above the age of X, or people with at least "gag level X"

Becuase these newer members without thier own opinion will quickly find out this isn't the best place for them and leave the site before reaching level 3

But everywhere people can post freely and anonymous you'll have toxic people who will abuse the system to grow hate, but it also allows scared/suppressed people to give thier opinion without concequences for them

I would much rather see a age/level requirement then anon removed since it does allow intresting opinions from people who fear/are ashamed of thier opinion/story

• Very tough call - I would not be a fan of blanket bans because genuine questions get lost in the mix - I know manpower is the issue but I still think the solution is having the feed permanently staffed by a member of admin who vets questions before they go live - After a while the "Anons" will tire of the questions not getting through and the whole site improves.

• People with honest opinons wouldn't be 
      afraid to tell us their user names...it's 
      the racist ranters who would be banned.

• We don't need any more censorship because it sucks the flavor out of the place and that's not a problem specific to race and ethnicity questions anyway.

• We can't kill the freedom of speech that way on this site, bro.

Just report the questions u feel are baiting arguments.

• We should MAKE them use their freedom
      of speech by requiring them to use
      their user name..not hide behind their
      sheets like they do now.

• No, i support them.

• Yousupport these night riders hiding 
      under their sheets????

• @Asker People need to stop being so offended by minor remarks. It's silly

• Well when I usually ask a question, I usually leave it to anonymous because I'm too shy or embarrassed to publicly ask the question. And ethnicity is a very strong topic to talk about.

• That's why we shouldn't allow racist ranting from anonys.

• Yu're the one who doesn't get it. Virtually every posting on race or ethnicity by an anonymous is a racist diatribe.

So we wouldn't be deleting anything worthwhile.

• You're brand new on this site, have never asked a single question about anything, so you are at best talking ignorance, to be it mildly.

• Nah I don't think so. Some questions are logical. Why delete them all?

• Because nearly all are just racist diatribes,, and the anonymous racist winds up blocking you after calling you names.

They aren't describin intimate personal details, just their opinions, so why allow anonymous people to post such questions? If you want to discuss race and ethnicity, you have to not be anonymous.

The end result is that we wouldn't have these racist ranting 'questions' much. That's the whole idea.

• Huh? What are you talking about? Most of the stuff I've asked have been anon.