Have you ever tried to help someone on here but they didn't like it and it turned into an argument?

I just tried to help a girl on here i gave her the truth and it turned into a huge argument. I looked at the other opinions, it seems my opinion was in the minority.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it has happened on a few occasions,

Most Helpful Girl

• To avoid this sort of thing from happening, once I have said my opinion and the asker disagrees, I just say 'alright, I wish you the best with your situation' and go to the next question.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, I have had that happen and have ended up being blocked to. Some people don't want to listen to advice.

• Yeah, I wanted to address why this person wasn't losing weight with running. Then the person went into a self-victimizing mess.

Then later that person says they hit a weightloss plateau and how they still try to run through the pain. /facepalm. Additionally one can pretty much figure out their diet from their posts on food topics.. It's no wonder they hit a "plateau".

• Not yet, but I noticed some people don't want to hear or accept the truth because they don't want to crash their delusions. in the end It's their choice to accept it or not.

• Yes it has happened before, there are just some people on here that will not listen to anyone's point of view no matter what. Like you mentioned below the girl who wants a sugar daddy and is in a top university. She should be more concerned with her studies and do like you said get a job or paid internship. There are people who would give anything to go to a high ranking university like that. She shouldn't have to throw it away by being a sex worker.

• A lot of fights stem from telling prople what to think, and a miscommunication of definition.

Some people just like to fight

• Yes, even been blocked a couple times for calling it as I see it

• Just another day in the life of a GAGER.

• A few times, yes. Oh, well. If they don't want my help, then that's their choice.

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah it was so bad that he didn't accept my idea that he block me and didn't hear the end of my explanation he top MHO! which is freakin werid since he should have at least aaccept my difference

• it is worst when you are just trying to help them and tell them stuff they need to think about or at least consider but then you get shut out because you did not tell them what they wanted to hear.

• yeah it piss me off to be honest!

• omg, this happens a lot.

• No, you didn't give her the truth, you actually only gave her your opinion.. Which I agree should have been respected, but not necessarily accepted.

• this girl wanted to get a sugar daddy but says she is a top student at a university and i suggested getting a job or a paid internship and not make that go to waste. Plus sex workers are never respected and their sugar daddies expect them to do stuff they are not ok with. And sex workers in general dont respect themselves and she kept trying to tell me she does respect herself.

• What you have said is perfectly acceptable, but is still only your opinion.. Obviously she had different views on this, which by the sound of it she mentioned.. Perhaps what you should have done at that stage was to simply agree to differ, and left it at that.. Without getting into a slanging match so to speak.

This is purely the way I would have done things, and indeed in the past have done so.

• Yea I have. Sometimes I'm like why bother. Especially those who don't like to hear the truth or what you say isn't what they wanted to hear

• Yes, that has happened to me before.

• I guess some people don't want an honest opinion, they just want their ego stroked smh.