Does It Bother Any Of You That This Website?

Does it bother any of you that this website isn't inclusive of non-binary individuals ( people who aren't simply a "girl" or "guy")?
And that it has guys in blue and girls in pink? And that a lot of the users base most of their questions off of generalizations of a specific demographic (be it gender and age or gender and race)?
I don't know i just got back on here after a while and noticed all these things and im not liking them very much.
Be nice in the comments

• Yes these all bother me
  • Yes the pink and blue one bothers me
  • Yes the generalizations bother me
  • Yes the websites in-inclusiveness towards non-binary individuals bothers me
  • I'm Indifferent
  • No I'm fine with this
  • No i like this

Most Helpful Guy

• I have thought about it before. It would be kind of nice to have a "purple" option or something like that for anyone else.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• I'm not bothered tbh, I haven't given it much thought.

• Not it doesn't at all.

• Well, it does a little bit. It's better to know who the real guys/girls are.

• don't see a problem that it's blue and pink here

Why making things more confucing?

• lol... the question is if you really dislike the things why are you here?

• I think it's the whole point of the site really. What bothers me is when people make a question only for one gender when it's a question both genders could answer

• well they are mentally ill so dont bother me at all

• I am personally indifferent to it, though it wouldn't bother me if a different color or something was added for people who don't identify as being boy/girl, male/female.

Most people who use G@G are not nonbinary, but that doesn't mean people who are nonbinary need to be forgotten. It wouldn't hurt anyone to add a new color or whatever.

• I knew this complaint was coming! I predicted it. It was only a matter of time before SJWs took offense. Hell, some even hate the fact that when a baby is born we immediately label it a "boy" or a "girl". Even though gender is encoded into every single cell of a person's body. Where nature is simple, we insist on complicating it, believing everything needs a label and a box to fit into.

While some may like having a third gender to pick, that won't be nearly enough for others. This site could get unnecessarily confusing and convoluted if it adopts over 50 different gender options like Facebook has.

• why are you acting so bitter and angry? gender is a social construct. so if some one wants to adhere to it, they better give every ones gender an option
      im not asking for that much
      male
      female
      non-binary
      those are just three
      non - binary literally covers every one who isn't a typical male or female?
      whats your problem?
      some people like labels some don't. treat people how they would like to be treated. there is no right or wrong you need to friggin chill

• @Asker
      Well, the biological and social are interconnected.
      I believe in respect and equal rights, we're all humans, but we're not built the same physically (men and women) and that has repercussions socially.

The pink and blue on this site is mainly a basic concept. I don't think it's supposed to be taken too seriously.

• @dipta Exactly! There are inherent inborn differences between males and females, even some of the brain structures are different. You can try to go against this by encouraging boys to play with baby dolls, and girls to play with toy trucks and guns, but they will still tend to pick the toys intended for their gender, no matter what you do.

I remember there was a famous case of a boy who lost his penis as a baby, so doctors told the parents to simply raise him as a girl. The results were disastrous, the boy never adapted, he always sensed something was wrong, and when finally told he was really a guy, it suddenly made sense. He started dressing and living as a male, but eventually all the years of having his gender denied drove him to suicide. So no, gender is not just a social construct but a biological and scientific fact, and to deny that is to deny reality. In some way I'd prefer to think guys and girls are really the same, but you can't just ignore the truth when it doesn't suit you

• What would be the 3rd option. I don't understand is there another gender I'm missing?

• Well som people are Agendered (so no gender)
      some people are gender fluid (so their gender isn't constant)
      I don't know there are a couple more but those are the most common

What Girls Said 6

• I hate being stuck with stupid pink. It's the color I hate the most and I like blue better. Kind of makes me wish I made a male profile but still use the same name and profile picture. Just so my thing can have blue instead of stupid pink.

People are always going to generalize things. So that part I've gotten over it and try not to take anything personal.

• Considering the site is called "girls ask guys"...
    There is already too much PCness around. Let's keep it simple.

• i'm fine with it

• i like it in pink and blue

• yeah i was trying to ask a question earlier about whether i look like a male or a female, but i think the pink text kinda made people more inclined to think i was a girl.

• Well, GaG has been around for a long time, long before it became popular to accept people of different genders. Although, I wouldn't mind if they did add an option for people who consider themselves a different gender.

And Pink doesn't necessarily mean girls like it and blue, guys like it, it was created like this because growing up most people have been taught that pink is a girl color and blue is boy color, by their parents and teachers. This doesn't mean that this is true for both genders.

Ah yes, most of the Internet is full of generalization about a specific group or country because it used world wide. Some people actually want to learn if these generalizations are true or not, by asking the source.

And this is GirlsaskGuys after all, you are allowed to ask questions about the opposite gender or of people of certain age, to get more information and opinions for your question.

• you're right, but i feel we need to push against some stereotypes so they don't continue to be so prominent

• There are a lot of well informed people on GaG who I have seen argue against questions about stereotypes of certain races/gender/age. Their info also helps others who read it and as well as the asker.

• yes and thats good. thats what I'm hopng this will cause. more people to inform others