What does it take for you to give an upvote?

Do you have specific things you are looking for to give an upvote as the Asker?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always give an upvote to someone who answers my questions. I think they deserve it because they took their time to read it and share their opinion.
    The only time I don't upvote them is when they really don't answer it, when they say something that doesn't make sense or something rude.

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone who has their own independent view of a question; they aren't just regurgitating PC cliches, but thinking for themselves!

What Girls Said 17

• as long as i like the answer and they actually answer the question, i will upvote it. they took the time to answer the question, the least i can do is show my appreciation. as far as upvoting other ppls opinions, if someone says something that i would have said, i'll upvote. OR if someone makes a really good point even if its the opposite of what i would have said, i'll upvote. i dont have to agree with the opinion for it to be a good one.

• Anyone who answers my questions gets an invite, and anyone I agree with on someone else's question gets an upvote

• I mostly upvote everyone unless I /really/ didn't like what they said. I try to avoid upvoting everyone but I always appreciate opinions left on my questions so it's like a little thank you for answering!

• hm not really, in general i just uproot opinions that are funny, very well put, make a good point i haven't thought of before, even if i disagree, or maybe even sarcastic with good intentions.

• You have to get on one knee..

• I like intelligence, humour and good debate. Whilst I may not agree with an opinion I may still upvote for these reasons.

• I pretty much give upvotes to everyone. Even if it's on a random post I don't even comment on :P

The only time I don't is if they're total jerks. If I really don't disagree, I won't do either.

• Ummm... if i know them or if they are funny... if i think its the right statement..

• I typically upvote anyone who answers my questions just to acknowledge that I've seen their response and give them a point for taking the time to answer. I don't upvote obvious trolling or rude answers.

• I am not one of those people that just upvote everyone's opinion when I ask a question or view options to someone else's questions.

I upvote opinions that stand out to me, I agree with, took time and effort, or ones that are extremely funny when the time is right.

I do not just upvote opinions that are a sentence long it actually p*ssea me off. Unless that sentence is meaningful or the question is simple and there is nothing you can really say besides that.

I know you didn't ask but I also down vote. I won't down vote an opinion that's short but I won't up vote it either. I down vote opinions that I find rude/offensive, off topic/irrelevant, and of course it's main purpose one's I don't agree with. But I won't down vote to a question like what's your favorite color I mean how can I say I disagree what someone's favorite color is and that also p*sses me off when people do that because it just makes no since -_-

• I just upvote people if they answer my question, even if they disagree with my stance but are not rude about it. If they are rude and sarcastic in their answer I tend to not upvote.

• I upvote opinions that prove a good point, or that are phrased well and always ones I agree with or that I can learn from.

• An intelligent opinion I guess, or just something funny or positive.

• Basically something I agree with, I'll upvote.

• Anything that sounds adorable. I am big on adorable right now.

• If I like them
    Like what they said
    Agree with what they said
    Think it s funny

• Not really. As long as they are helpful and nice I'll upvote.

What Guys Said 5

• Great advice and details

• Where do you even find half of tbose users.. I never even seen half of them

• if I like his point / opinion / question so yes

• It really depends

• Just an opinion which I either agree with or think makes valid points.