Why do some people use this site like a dating site?

I'm not saying everyone on here does of course people actually use this site for its real purpose, but since starting on this website I have had a string of messages from pervy men asking where I live and if I want to travel to them and go on a date with them? I guess the reason why i'm asking this is because im wondering is that what this site is also about? I have had other messages more dirty messages which I just ignore and block but the majority of my messages are from men asking to go on dates, does anyone else have this? Boys and girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably horny males looking for pussy in any potential nook or cranny, mostly. Ha. Nook or cranny.

Particularly if you have a picture of an attractive female as your profile picture. If you've spent any degree of time on the internet, you should know those guys are everywhere. Doesn't matter if it's a dating website or not. The same as it doesn't matter if you're hitting on a chick in a bar or the bank or grocery store or a college class, etc.

As for me, ha, no. Women aren't particularly forward. They just sit back and see which males go in for a bite, then pick out which one they want, usually. Well. I've had a couple chicks in like 4 years message me on various non-dating websites "ur cute" or "youre an asshole but your hot" and stuff like that, but nothing so perverse or overt. But no. Women don't just jump into my lap, desirable or undesirable ones. Although, I have gotten some of those horny messages from gay guys, before.

As for internet safety, just don't give out personal information. Don't give or put up photos which might show which city or college or something you live by/in (there are stories of stalkers finding out where someone lives based on that little information).

Just ignore and block.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah a lot of people would agree with you I do too!
    I even had 1 guy saying he would pay for me to come over to India and I could live in his house with him if I wanted loooool
    I would just block if you're not interested, there's a lot of guys who just message to see how you are and have general conversation its a shame the pervs get all the recognition lol

• As an Indian I'm very ashamed of my fellow countryman's behaviour and I apologize on his behalf. I hope you don't think of proper Indian men in a similar light. Thanks :D.

What Guys Said 8

• I think all the girls get this I don't know why and it doesn't just seem to be here but an internet thing - I suppose just develop a quick read, block and delete technique then hopefully the messages will fall away.
    You can also choose a setting that allows messages only from people you follow or make your profile private if you wish.

• Cause men just love to be creeps
    Its a genetic fault in us

• Some people mistake friendly advice for personal interest. Others are just trying to connect with another pulse.

• It's because they basically have no life whatsoever. You should just block creeps like that. There are plenty of nice people on here.

• Naa i dont use it for that most girls 2 far a ways doesn't mean i don't get crushes know and again if i was the guy messaging you i would want you 2 tell me you're not interested ^^ doesn't mean we can't be friends

• Some incredibly odd people on this site.

I tend to ignore them.

• That's pretty sad

• it's a free world, let them be...

What Girls Said 6

• Really? That hasn't happen to me! I just get people who hate me or crazy women haters... etc. I even got call out in question by some chick Trying to boost her self esteem and she still out there! But I would hope gagers know me enough to tell me... if someone post shit on me!

• No, it isn't a dating site, some people just try to use it as such. I've had it before too, you just need to ignore it or be clear you're not interested.

• Because they are idiots

• This happens to me too. And it is kinda weird but I don't care much. I don't think that's what this since is necessarily for but people do what they want when they see open opportunity.

• I think you should change your settings so that only followers can message you and call it a day. People on this website are going to do what they want because no one can see them. This website has more than one purpose, I'm not sure what you consider gag's real purpose but sometimes people do happen to meet each other on here.

I never met anyone on here but I see nothing wrong if it's genuine.

• Desperate. It's not a dating site but people use whatever they can.