Why some people here get so offended when you block them?

I have noticed that some people seem to be personally offended when they are blocked and may even attempt to create a fake account to reach out or still insert themselves in a space where their presence is not desired. Is it pride, ego, or what? Can someone explain why it is that some people absolutely cannot fathom that someone genuinely has no interest in their personality or what they have to say? We're all a bunch of bypassing strangers so why is it such a major deal to someone if some momentary individual wants to be even more momentary than they already would have been?

If you'd like to block me, go right ahead. I will respect your wishes. This is mainly because the odds are there's no legitimate, solid, irreplacable bond between us that I highly value. Yet also because I humbly acknowledge that I have collected plenty of wisdom and helpful insight to share so if you wish to cut yourself off from it then that's your business. I've had several experiences where I've blocked someone yet they have still desperately tried to catch my attention or insert themselves in my online environment despite the fact that I blatnatly told them they're not welcomed. Why do you think this is?

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose they say hindsight is 20/20 vision - The longer I spend on the site I realise that nothing can be gained by getting personal in a negative way.
    As you say in life I think everybody eventually meets one or quite a few people they do not get on with. In this situation you can butt heads or take the higher ground and avoid each other. I personally feel that is beneficial to both parties.
    I am most definitely trying to inhabit a middle ground at the moment so hopefully blocking is not a major issue for me on the site but that said I will do my best not to get involved in a saga if it happens.
    Fortunately I have not been entangled in a situation like you described but I would try and find the smoothest exit strategy.

Most Helpful Girl

• its obi;y annoying if they do t mid discussion.

or if I've spent time writing a response not knowing im blocked then i can't send it after I've finished. thats irritating. there should be some identifying a post you can't answer before you try to send.

but in general no. if a person doesn't want to hear from me, thats their right. though i do think its childish. unless you're being harassed. to block people for having different opinions on a talk site is just silly. in my opinion.

• That's a good point! Some type of notification that you've been blocked would be nice to avoid situations like that!

• ... what? what is all that?

• answer will be well recede as 'data'.

n the other hand if a person asks a question in a racist way,. like the questions that have the answer olin them, and they want people to affirm their view. A person responds in a way that conflicts with the tenner of the -racist- question, they will likely be blocked.. for not being racist. Bc their response disrupted the view and message of the poster, not bc the response was rude or inappropriate.

I see more people getting blocked for disagreeing, than i do for just being assholes. I think the poster was right, its a power play but the blocker more often than the blockee is trying to assert themselves absolutely. 'having the last word';. And of course its a way of screening responses that might not make it look as if everyone supports your view. People on the whip;e can look a lot more like automatons if different views constantly get blocked.

What Guys Said 13

• It's a very good question and what such people are doing is actually a very cheap behaviour in my opinion.

• I think the problem is that when you block someone, you take power away from them. It is like they don't even have a voice anymore, when typically what they want is power over you. This is what I think it drives them crazy.

• Well to a lot of people its basically a:
    "Fuck off, I don't want to hear from you" -kinda response.

If I found out someone blocked me I'd just assume that I said an offensive joke or something.
    Fair enough yea. I don't care.

• I don't get offended but I do wonder wth I did. Like @white Steve, he blocked me and I don't know him lol wth?
    My hypothesis is they are threatened? I don't know

• Being blocked for some people come off as very rude and mean/bitchy

• Nevered cared but most people think it a fuck off response

• They think you're being rude because you don't want to see them.

• People take it personally so they're like: What did I do wrong?

• I don't block people despite how much they piss me off

• in most cases it is because the block functionality here is weak so people can still try to respond to your comments and fail and get mad

• I seem to remember you getting angry at a male user who took exception with one of your bigoted posts about white men blocked you and you went mad and started posting a massive rant. You'd make a fantastic Politician.

• While I'm flattered that you chose to vividly remember me, your facts are not straight and you are clearly twisting the accuracy turn of events with passive aggression.

1. "bigoted posts" <--- this is you passive aggressively insulting me by claiming I'm a bigot yet not openly, honestly, ASSERTIVELY saying why you feel that way.

2. "posting a massive rant" That's subjective. You perceived it as a rant whereas it was most likely me sticking up for myself after someone insulted me then didn't let me defend myself.

3. "You'd make a fantastic Politician" *there's no reason for the P to be capitalized* If you have something to say then say it directly to my face instead of being cowardly about it and hiding behind the anonymous feature to covertly express your feelings. Don't be a pussy about it: Speak up, stop hiding, and address what you have to say instead of choosing a cowardly, teenage like route. You're too old of a man to be presenting yourself that way, love.

• Anyway I was hoping you sound off like a cretin again but since you aren't, you are no use to me, toodle pip.

• Anyhow, if your desire is to come here to specifically be insulting, spread negativity, kill the vibe, and attempt criticizing me based on what you have stalkery, creepishly observed from a cowardly, anonymous lens then you won't be participating on this post. You don't have the opportunity to have a voice if you initially choose to be antagonistic and waste my focus. I'm not interested in your desire to reduce your manhood to that of a lame, unproductive, thirsty for drama teenager.

I don't find any value in your mouth or your mind so it won't be apart of my environment. Peace.

• Blocking someone is a sign that you've lost the debate.

• Not necessarily. Maybe sometimes for some people but personally speaking, I block people when I have absolutely lost complete and total interest in their way of thinking and I have no desire to have them present in my online environment ever. Random strangers online are not entitled to have access to your online environment if they have piss poor communication skills or spread toxicity.

• I was confused for a min because at first it appeared that you said what I said wasn't true but then you agreed with me ll

• _________________________________________________
    www.darkgovernment.com/.../social-censor.jpg
    _________________________________________________

• ... lol, what?

• That's pretty dramatic

• 'pathetic' fits better in my opinion.

What Girls Said 5

• Because they'd rather not let the other user have the statisfaction of having the last say. On the Internet, there is a big mentality of always wanting to win an argument. That is the reason why most might make alternative accounts if you block them.

• The only time I get mad is if I don't get a chance to finish a debate 😂

But there are 7.5 billion people in the world. If I get offended at some random stranger on a website blocking me, I probably need some mental help.

That being said, some people do have fragile egos.

• I don't really care about people blocking me and I suppose there's about 100 people who have me blocked lol.
    The only thing that's kinda ridiculous to me is when people on here block me for no apparent reason like there's about 50 people of those 100 that I have never even talked to. 😅👌

• Well, it's really annoying when people block you just because they don't agree with you.

• I don't know about others, but I don't get offended. I just think it's pathetic when you're arguing with someone and they block you after they had their final say.