How come people downvote the most honest opinions just because they disagree with it?

It doesn't make sense. How else can you get MHO? Its not called the most PC opinion..😑 People come here to hear real opinions as honest as they can get it from people who dont know them personally. Otherwise, they would just ask a close friend or family member who would most likely be very biased.
I am going to look for the most HONEST opinion to whoever answers this question and give them MHO no matter if I disagree or not. Just be honest. Honesty is the best policy🤓

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is the nature of the beast that different users look for different things in response to their questions - I personally would want the full range of views from those that agree to those that disagree, I feel it helps with the overall analysis of the issue at hand.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone thinks that their opinion is best. In reality, it's just best for them. People are squeemish about ideas and situations that are unfamiliar, so they downvote. But all of us are so different. And thank goodness that we are! I can't imagine 8 billion other people that were clones of myself. The whole world would be bad at math, and we'd all die off since I know nothing about modern medicine. We never would have invented the fax machine, either. We should just embrace others and their different talents, opinions, and lifestyles.

What Guys Said 13

• Honesty is the best policy, well said lady!. I agree with what you said. Even I don't understand the same, downvoting a very honest opinion just doesn't seem right to me, but then it may be subjective meaning people don't agree with those honest opinions so they may believe they are expressing themselves, showing their displeasure by downvoting such opinions, but to me that's not right but they may believe what they are doing is not wrong at all.

That's my view.

• Bunch of pussies lol

• Well before i answer, i have to tell you mho stands for helpful, not honest. So honestly isn't the main thing, but still dishonesty is unhelpful. But anyway...

In the case of crybaby questions, it's because somebody called them out on their bullshit.

In other cases, people sometimes just want affirmation or are too closed minded to accept scary evil facts cuz "LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING!"

• They don't want to hear your opinion they want to hear their own opinion in someone else's words.

• Because people be CRAZY!

They can't handle the TRUTH!

• Yeah. For example the "How Do I Look posts". Some people honestly look ugly and when I give them the honest first imprression opinion I get downvoted. Dont ask How Do I Look Honest opinion If you can't handle the truth.

• Who cares? Certainly not me... I get downvoted for everything i post... No one likes me on here so I continue to troll... Let the donvotes rain :D

• The truth hurts but it will set you free.

• I never cared if I got up or down votes but whether it helped, the truth does hurt

• The truth hurts some people. No idea why.

• Now you wanna control who we can and can't downvote?

Facist much:P

• I don't pay any attention to whether I get MHO or not. I recommend this approach ;)

• If they disagree with it, it means they thought it wasn't very helpful. Even if u r correct, the asker will choose what he/she feels to be the most helpful opinion to them. So yes i agree, i have seen many MHOs which werent really helpful in my opinion but its up to the asker as to what she/he thinks.

What Girls Said 7

• i dont down vote if i disagree. i down vote if the person expresses their opinion in a bigoted way.,

people can also uproot if something is helpful. being honest is not a sufficient reason for mho. it has to be productive. relatable or insightful and delivered civily without malice or spite. .

• I agree with that, honesty doesn't mean always the most helpful. It depends on the content of the question. some questions only require honesty, but nothing more.

• upvote not uproot :)

• Yeah i don't know... I have people just hate me with out let me explain or assuming that i didn't care!

• Because people also have their own honest opinions that disagree with other other honest opinions given by people.

• That's just how some people view the downvote button, as a way to show their disagreement to someone's comment. Some people also use it to troll and just downvote randomly for no reason.

• I only down vote antagonists and theven occasional troll that's not remotely funny.

If someone disagrees with me, at worst they get a no vote... but if they make a thoughtful reply, they get an upvote 👍

• I do notice that I get down voted a lot by girls especially... Probably because I often take the unpopular or less than fashionable viewpoint on things... especially when it comes to sexuality and personal choices. ☺

• Because some people just can't handle differentiating opinions, and only hear what they want to hear. Don't take it personally though.

• Opinions are what you think and feel about something nobody had to like it , just like you don't have to like there's, so overall who gives a fuck if they like what you think or not,