Do you ever wonder why GAGers leave and deactivate their accounts?

What did we do wrong? Tell us, O Mighty Ones!
Also, why would you deactivate your account? Why not just leave? Then you can come back with the same account.

• School work / Work
  • Got bored with this place
  • People getting them down
  • Other
  • Results
I just noticed @Marshmellowking has deactivated her account D:
This is what I'm on about, people! It's a shame really, she was really funny :)

Most Helpful Girl

• All the reasons you listed are potential reasons. Not everyone is going to have the same idea for leaving this site. The couple people that I've known that have deactivated felt this place was consuming too much of their time and needed to break away. Simply not logging on was still too tempting for them. I have seen others just say they have been on here too long and are bored or want to move onto other things. Then there are people who were harassed too many times and needed to leave in order to help their mental and/or emotional health.

• Yeah, this place does use a lot of my time. And I've always assumed that once I reach Level 9 or Guru etc, I'll end up leaving because I'm at "the top of the hill" so to speak.
      Then again, this place is sort of special to me. It's the only online public presence I have ever had, so I can't imagine getting rid of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks for MHO. :)

• No problem. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel most users that leave, leave because the site isn't entertaining to them anymore. Most of these users that did leave, however, spent a LOT of time on here, and overdosed.

I take a hiatus from this site from time to time; keeps things fresh. Otherwise I wouldn't have been here for almost 6 years.

What Girls Said 8

• People leave for several reasons. Busy with school/work; heartbreak; got sick or bored of this place.

I suppose they deactivate rather than simply leaving because that way there's less temptation to come back.

I would probably never deactivate. If something happened that made me not wanna be here, I'd just leave my account to rot.

• ALL OF THE ABOVE! I think I should leave cus my sleep cycles are crazy!

• Well the closest GaGer I had deactivated because it took too much of his time that he rather spend studying or doing something more productive.

• I had to deactivate cause I needed a break from the morons on this website, but I sadly did / do not have the willpower to not come on unless I had deactivated.

Sucks. Miss my linkywinky moniker more and more every day.

• Most likely they are just completely and absolutely done with this shit.

• i don't wonder about it
    my guess though for the common reasons for deactivating are 1) boredom; 2) friends left; 3) can't handle several website changes at once

• Never really thought of it to be honest

• No, because it's not a difficult concept. People leave websites all the time. Whether it's from lack of time, boredom, or harassment, or whatever, eventually they're going to lose interest and leave. Life goes on.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't usually wonder since people leave this site for many reasons. I, myself, have left several times with no intentions of coming back so it would only be a small step beyond that to deactivate my account, However, there is one girl I used to speak to on a regular basis who deactivated her account without notice. I figured, "Whatever", she's off to bigger and better things" except she made a new account and has returned to GAG so it does make me wonder.

• It not necessary that it has to be site and it's members, members who join here have their reasons to join and when they leave or deactivate their accounts they have their own reasons too, not necessary that those reasons have to be because of this site and how the members treat them here.

• Sometimes if I got close to them I wonder why but because I was close to them I usually know why or no somebody who knows - I think I was only shocked by the instant departure of a few but the rest of them I understood why they felt the need to change.

• yeah I wonder with people you see around a lot and leave without saying a word.

2 people I know deactivated but they told me and came back

• i couldnt think at all!!111111

• too many ugly losers

• People leave for different reasons. Sometimes they say and sometimes they don't. I don't worry about it. The only time I care is if it's someone I used to talk to a lot. Though even then I only talk to like one person off here and that's outside of here.