If someone posts a question that is way too long, do you just ignore it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, yes, I'll usually skip over questions with paragraphs upon paragraphs of text. It's great to have details, but there's a point where it becomes overwhelming.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes I do unless it's someone I like or the question title is interesting enoug (which is rarely the case)
    if it's much more than 5-10 lines I'll usually ignore it. but I feel bad for the people if I see a huge wall of text where they put a lot of effort in explaining but then no one replies... but often those are just some story and then "does he like me?"... can't be bothered with that.

I like helping people if I can but I'm mostly here for my fun

What Girls Said 13

• Depends on if it makes sense or not to me. If they're not or if there's the whole "let's call him X and her Y" thing involved I stop reading. It gets too confusing to me.

• Me too.

• That and the amount of run on sentences. I've noticed a lot of long questions have them and it bugs me :/

• Ehh, sometimes. If I get interested by the question title or the first few lines, I'll carry on and try to help but honestly, if it's too long, I'm probably not going to concentrate on it too much.

• haha sometimes and then I go back to read it slowly!

• Only if it has distinct paragraphs. I don't deal with Great Walls of Text.

• No, if it's something interesting, I read and answer it.

• Ok, that rarely happens for me.

• No, I just notice that I now get so frustrated when I see three or four long paragraphs added to a question. I don't want to read a book.

• I usually glean all the info I need within the first five sentenced or so. I don't need five hundred words describing how he picked up my pencil when I dropped it, she smiled at me, etc if the first lines are that he doesn't respond to my texts or she constantly blows me off when I ask her out.

• Sure as hell do.

• I read it all only extremely rarely, but most of the time I ignore it.

• Absolutely.

• Do you have to then use your finger to follow the lines, if it is longer than a couple of sentences?

• If the first few sentences catch my attention, I continue reading it.

• No, if they present it well (easy to understand)

• Usually yes...

What Guys Said 8

• It depends. Whenever I'm free, I actually enjoy giving detailed responses to long questions. But if I'm in a hurry, I just skip the longer questions.

• There are times when a long question is acceptable but I must say it would be very rare for me and yes if a question goes on for too long, I soon lose interest.

• As long as it keeps to a subject and isn't a lot of run on I will usually stick with it to the end

• That truly depends on the subject.

• I'll lose interest about half way through and move on

• I need paragraphs, if a person posts with paragraphs and I feel I can help I will do so.

• In one word "YES"

• yup and 98% users here do.