How long did it take you to become a Guru, a Master?

I want that cute black badge lol T_T Seems like I need at least a whole year to make it!

Most Helpful Guy

• Guru isn't that bad, it's possible to get GURU in about ~3 months if you get 1000 XPER a week so about 150 opinions a day, which is possible if you don't use the live feed much and you use the question feed to find new unanswered questions.

Or you can become an editor and get tons of XPER from writing myTakes.

It took me a while by the way, I don't get the luxury (time) of writing 150 opinions a day anymore nowadays :P

Most Helpful Girl

• It took me maybe 7 months? But that's because I was super active back then. And the point system was a bit different. Now I'm gunning for Master and it feels like it's gonna take FOREVER!

What Guys Said 17

• All depends on how often you post and what type of posts. Being the first one to post gives extra xp, asking questions that get lots of responses, choosing mho, writing takes which get featured, and signing in everyday, all grant xp.

I've been here since July 2014 and I'm still not a guru yet, but I'm 500xp away. I sign on every day but only post 5-10 opinions.

• I was a bit insane - It took me 2.5 months to get guru and another 3.5 months to get master but it wasn't worth it, I would have enjoyed it more if I took my time.

• @MissNowhere has only been a month longer on GAG and will become a Master in December (it will be the happiest day in her life 😭)

so, throw away your real life (I heard you are on a good way with this :P ) and start writing myTakes... shouldn't take too long.

if you become Guru before @WhatTheHellAmy you'll get a special price 😘

• hahah so it's a race with @WhatTheHellAmy :p? I feel like I'm going to lose though :SI need to be an editor!! lol

• oh lol I'm such a perv, sorry

YEAH, I WANT THAT

• Ewwwwwww 😂

• For me about a year

• It took me YEARS to get to the Guru / Master status... probably because I'm not as consistent as some other users are. :-P

• Less than two months. I remember klatu saying I was the fastest who became a guru. After I became a guru, I stopped really.

• Still in the process, but I think that it will still take 2 more years. I'm not in a hurry.

• Ugh. Tell me about it. I've been a member since February, and it seems like I've been EXPER 9 for like half of it!

• If u get guru before me I will be tres sad

• I'm betting it'll take me til a little over New Years

• Like with every other position you gotta sleep your way up the ranks.

• I started on 22 January this year and got it today roughly 10 months

• Almost two years.

• that's all i need another badge for people to claim i don't deserve lmao

• I am so long here already and still just level 9, doesn't go fast

• I've been here for almost 7 months and still have not reached that level

• 21
    .
    .
    .

What Girls Said 12

• I have been on GAG almost two years very soon but it only took me ONE year to be a GURU.
    The kind of job I have in helping the elderly in their homes as a nurse aid, it enables me to be here as much or as little as I want.
    I am Working towards Master here now in helping Others on this end.
    Good luck and Happy Holidays. xx

• Thank you !!! Happy Holidays to you as-well :) !!!

• Thank you for the upvote, I just saw your Question Now, and Thank you as well, sweetie.:)) xxoo

• im not too sure, maybe a year and a half for me? but don't worry, u have people here becoming guru and master in about a year lmao. depends on whether or not u have a life :P

• I don't even remember. I think maybe a year? About a year. This happened a long time ago, because I've been on this site since I was 16.

• I've been on here since 2011 which explains why I'm a Master. It takes time and a lot of it :)

• took me about almost a month!

• I did it in a year and some. Less than 2 years though.

• I've been here since late April with this account.

• Took me 2 years to get Guru status.

• I've been here since October of last year and I am very close to becoming a Guru. :)

• 6 months to 1 year for most active users

• it takes like 6 months to become a guru and like a year to become a master, of course there are some who take that even further and do great things in less time XD

• I'm not sure, but it feels like an eternity. I've been here posting daily since May (maybe like once a day, up to an embarrassingly large amount another day) yet I am still xper 9.