How can you tell a troll question from a genuine question that just happens to be nasty?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't. Many people on GAG really like to show off what they think they know and pretend to be Sherlock Holmes on GAG. They're so busy trying to impress random strangers with their arrogant speculations that they don't care if they're wasting someone's time who's sincerely in need of help. I find that to be tacky.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tough to tell, but I think if the person who has asked the question is a troller then the person will deliberately reply to your opinion in such a way that will annoy you, irritate you, will say irrelevant things and will also get to you at personal level, then I think you can come to know that the question was a troll.

What Girls Said 5

• You can't. It tends to help if the person isn't Anonymous because it gives some credibility or if the person isn't a known troublemaker, but other than that, you can't.

• It's hard to tell when you can't hear them speak, lol.

• A troll will usually troll people in the comments as well

• Is someone asking you nasty questions? 😔

• There isn't a sure fire way. Some are trolls, some are trying to gain insight. You can either respond or keep scrolling.

What Guys Said 1

• Tough one - If I choose to engage in the question, it really doesn't matter about its background to me - I just leave an opinion and move on.