How do I be more noticed on GAG?

I've been feeling down in the dumps lately, so I figured being noticed somewhere would be good fo rme. I've been trying to answer a lot in the last night or so, and I was wondering if I was making any progress? Anyone see or like one of my comments recently? Also, which questions will put me the most out there?

Most Helpful Guy

• in my opinion, the best way to get more recognition on GaG is to:

*answer the "popular" questions

*answer during key hours (weeknights in the USA, and on weekend morning in the USA), instead of the wee hours.

*comment on various ppl's answers

*tag people in answers and comments

*follow people who are interesting to you, and message them, #DontBeShy ! :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• Being popular on GaG is hardly a good thing. 😂
    I wanna leave, but I just.. can't.
    It's like this site has a curse on me. 😂

• It's more that I just want a few people to take an interest, and helping someone out would be amazing. But it seems like people take the comments from popular people more to heart, so maybe getting a bit more status would make my opinions more serious. (It's an odd sort of logic, but that's just how I see it)

• I get you. The popular people's words mean more than others'.
      Stick around for a long time and people get to know you more :')

• same happens to me :(((((((

• Umm just post a lot around here while being non-anon and your name will be out there when it comes to this site.http://oi63.tinypic.com/2vnnt5i.jpg

• I have been here about a year and a half now. I just jump in and add an opinion on topics that I either have experience in or know others that have experience that I helped them through. I know your young and all but that doesn't say you don't have experiences you can't share with others.

• Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely try that!

• Just jump in and give the best advice you can , it may take a little while but you'll get noticed

• don't only post many opinions, also try to comment on other ones. being funny always helps of course too... if some shit is happening just try to be part of it.

if your questions/opinions/comments are entertaining, then people will notice and remember you... they'll start to follow you which again makes it easier. it will take some time but if you stay active it shouldn't take too long... unless you are just an unlike-able person in general :P
    but I don't think you are. I didn't notice much the last days but today and yesterday I was a little bit busy and I don't reed always all the opinions. but let me follow you... it's a start ;)

• I suppose it depends on 'why' you want to be noticed on GAG. It's pretty easy to become noticed an remembered as a useless troll - just answer everything with useless information and poorly thought out replies.

Personally I think it's better to become noticed for being an articulate, considerate commenter, but that takes a lot more time and a lot more work.

If you want to be noticed so you can develop some kind of friendship or camaraderie, then that is also something that will happen better over a longer period of time. You'll find there are people that have a similar point of view than you, than may simply have a different set of experiences, or be coming at them from a very different background, and those will be the people you will start noticing in various comment threads. You'll find you are saying similar things a lot, or that you are replying to their comments a lot, or they are often replying to yours, both backing each others points up. Or maybe you won't be commenting on the same things, but you always find that you want to read what they've been saying, because it's interesting or they bring up points you may not have considered. It will take time to notice those trends, generally, but when you do, drop the person a pm. They may be willing to talk about other things, it may be nice to talk about things that aren't phrased in the form of a terrible dilemma.

So... yeah... I'm rambling. But the point is, the way to get noticed depends on what you want to be noticed for.

• talk to someone in real life hun

gag is far from reality of life and non are qualified counselors.

• I have plenty of real friends, I just want to meet a more diverse group of people. I'm centered in a teeny tiny little town in farm country, and it's hard to find variations in the people here. I'd like to meet a whole new scope of humans, which I can't do at home, so I believe I know what I want from gag. Thanks anyway, though

• Gotta be active and social

• Being more active takes a while to be noticed at least a couple of days - You will just find more notifications coming your way - I find asking questions a good way to getting noticed after you have been active for a while.

• Yeah, if you want to get noticed you'll have to use this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNbuphFkW3U

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../thumbs-up.gif

DooMguy has never seen you before, but since I'm your senpai I won't notice you (I only really notice my followers)

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

P. S. be careful what you wish for, one day your noti's will go crazy

• There are a lot of people on here, it's hard to keep track. I guess the longer you're on this site, the more people here will recognize you.

• You post like crazy and you ask like crazy! I'm sure that you'll be more noticed doing this.

• Were you answering the questions just to get noticed or did you really care. I think if you give an opinion like how you'd talk to a friend maybe the asker will care enough to get in touch with you.

• I try to make each of my answers meaningful, and I add in an experience I had as well so the person reading knows that I understand what's up. I've just been looking through the feed more and trying to answer more than usual, thanks for the advice

• Post a lot of 'how do I look' questions wearing next to nothing and you'll get noticed pretty quick.

• It's not worth being noticed for anything here... Don't bother.

There's literally no significant value here. You won't increase your feelings of self-worth permanently with some virtual online community.

• Just be more active non anon and people would start to notice you more

• myTakes, questions, opinions, do more of those!

• Offer boob-pictures. That shit will get you noticed.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT BOOBS I have the body of a fat 10 year old boy

• Boobs are boobs, no matter where they come from. Trust me, it will work. You will get your inbox spammed like heck.

• Yep I've seen that username some days ago 😶...

• We are having brilliant conversation about my periods if u remember

• Yes, yes we are. P. S. for cramps use a hot water bottle, drink tea, and take painkillers or you die.

• I'm just glad I don't have your pain

• and you have my full sympathy

• If you post pretty regulary, you shouldn't have any problem :)

And i hope you feel better.

• I'm fine, I just like social interaction and it will usually help me cheer up a bit even if we aren't talking about my problem. I've gotten two MHO in just 24 hours so my spirits have lifted a lot xD

• Thats real good!

• In order to be more noticed here on GAG. you're going to have to kiss ass :P

• Why do you care about fame? Wouldn't it be better to have a few meaningful relationships rather than lots of people knowing your name and nothing more?

• I didn't say fame. I can't make meaningful relationships if I'm just another piece of wallpaper, and it would feel nice to be able to help out a few people with their questions anyway :D

• Just answer and ask more questions, I guess.

• move out of the farmland?

• 1.) I'm ins school and can't leave this school or I'll end up behind
      2.) Can't get a job because of the farmland thing (no car)
      3.) No license
      4.) My uncle wouldn't let me move anyway
      5.) What does me living in the farmland have to do with this question?

• lol i ain't trollin' this just how I tawk!

Sorry, I love southern accents so much... they're so innocent and reflective of a lost age

• Again, Pennsylvania xD

• Show nude pics, agree with people with dicks.

• Well dicks are kind of terrifying and I look like a snow walrus so I guess I'm fucked

What Girls Said 11

• Just stop having a life and be here all day everyday.

• in all honesty i think it's best to enjoy the site without the intention of being 'noticed'. i first joined merely wanting answers but when i realised how tight knit the community was, i just found myself wanting to help other people more and make new friends along the way.

i still have a life outside of GaG, a great one too, but if u just take it easy and contribute each day, then you'll definitely be a more memorable character =]

• The more time you spend being immobile, staring at a screen at GAG the less time you spend exploring and experiencing life's magnificence. Lets put things in perspective considering the infinite possibilities you can gain from life beyond a screen. There sincerely is little to no value in being noticed on GAG. There are at least a hundred other amazing, awesome, noteworthy ways you could get noticed in life. Ways that will be far much more impactful and meaningful than what you can ever find here.

Some better, more healthy ways to get noticed are to really delve into a passion of yours, nurture it, and watch it grow beyond yourself. Be it dance, sewing, drawing, playing an instrument, singing, playing a sport, being a fashionista, or crafting some unique talent... that's the best way to get noticed!

• As stated before, I can't exactly do much here. It's nearly winter in PA and I have no coat, I live far from anyone, I'm poor, and I don't have any passions besides writing and photography. I'm also bullied pretty badly, so I'd rather hang out here, thanks.

• Ah, I didn't notice you state that previously.

Why do you feel it's important to be noticed?

• Honestly I don't know who you are? Do u know who i am?

• I've noticed you around but I don't think we've ever talked. Being "gag famous" isn't going to make you feel better about your situation.

• Start trolling, you'll be very known. The more controversial the better.

• Ask a question and keep adding random updates for no reason and you should get on the Feed a lot! But I don't know if its a glitch or something? But GaG administrators might take down your question.

• Keep asking questions, keep answering, be funny, be helpful, you'll be famous soon.

• Thanks for the advice, I'll try my best. Unfortunately my humor is either incredibly dark or incredibly childish. There is no in between.

• dark is my favorite type of humor :D

you're famous already dude lol didn't know you asked this

• Just be here lol, if you answer /ask a lot you'll get notcied at some point :) <3

• Thanks, I've been trying to answer more, I just have a lot of conflicting views and arguments make me nervous (even though they can be interesting)

• I would ask either entertaining or interesting questions. Things that people would want to answer... then you can respond to a lot of other questions. The more you are active, you will be seen. I am new, so I don't know any one, sorry. But I am just going off of what I know from another forum.

• Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try more questions, I just seem to be better with mytakes (I'm a writer so of course those are easier for me)

• Excellent, then keep doing those mytakes. Cheers, love.

• Sounds like your doing the right things already. Just keep it up. I noticed you here earlier.

• Thanks for the opinion, and I'm glad I've been spotted at least a couple times!