Have you noticed young Gag'ers give MHO after only minutes?

Chuckle, the attention span of these 13-14 year olds is measured in minutes. Assuming they aren't even younger and falsifying their age, which is not unlikely...

And as Don says below, the super young are here mainly not for advice, but to get validation.. so they have no reason to wait once someone agrees with them.
There's no way to assess how many people who are older leave the site because they're here for an advice site, not a Facebook tag your friends scene.
\
Sure the overall membership is higher since they got rid of any age requirement, but how long does the average 13-14 year old stay on Gag? I'm guessing weeks... there's always a more trendy site for people in that age group.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why the fuck did we even allow 12 year olds on this site?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should not be able to give MHA till 24 hours after a question was posted.

• Yes, they ought to put that in the software. It's kind of irritating when a question has only been up for minutes and there's already an MHO.

• Thank you for MHA.

What Girls Said 15

• Okay who really cares? They got the answers they were looking for, and that's that. I'm pretty sure the younger users are not the only ones who do this.

• Yes, for the most part they are... I don't have stats, but if you are on here much, it's pretty clear.
      So their MHO's aren't reflective of the answers to their questions, just of who answers quickly, within minutes.

• Just another lame excuse to antagonize the younger users...

• Just telling it like it is. If people are antagonized, that's their trip.

• We actually get a prompt from gag if we don't appoint a MHO within the day! I found that annoying since it took about a week for me to get a legit answer that didn't involve any in appropriate language!

• I wait until I get a reminder just so everyone has a chance.

• Calm the apple down! WHO THE f cares! Let them do whatever they want!

• It's not only the young ones.

• some do, and i don't c anything wrong with it =]

• Well,'wrong', old lady, I don't know, but it's kind of silly since most answers haven't been even posted yet...

• i guess thats just how they do things. don't let it bother u lol

• My point is they aren't here to listen to any advice,, just to tag friends, get validation, more like Facebook.

• I take in everyone's comments but often forget to give MHO until I get a gag message reminding me to choose.

• I'm not young but I give mho pretty quickly, I get tired of worrying about it honestly and just want it out of the way sometimes lol

• I take my time XD around 15 days hahaha

• I never ever give MHO. I usually let them choose automatically. When I do give MHO its like 20 days after I asked.
    its annoying when people choose MHO after 2 seconds though.

• X per hunters right? I think it's silly.

• I've noticed only 1 person that does it extremely fast. :D

• i hadn't noticed

• It's not only young GAG'ERs doing it. And yes it been going on more often then ever.

• i've only noticed one person do that
    but that was because he gave me MHO after 2 minutes, lol

What Guys Said 13

• I wouldn't say it necessarily has to do with age but the people themselves. I've seen all sorts of age groups give MHO fast. I've also seen users who don't give MHO at all.

I have no idea why people would give a super fast MHO in the first place though, considering that is basically just creating less answers for yourself. I don't think it has to do with attention span for the most part, but who knows. I always thought of it being more that they don't want the notifications (assuming they aren't doing it for a reason like them being embarrassed of the question and want to get rid of it).

• Short attention span, tendency to require instant gratification, typical of US young people.

• They want to get their answers more or less immediately, then it's on to something else. We older folks, WE like to give people time to answer because we aren't in such a %&% hurry.

• Chuckle, for 13-14 year olds, you are also 'older folks!'

• I tend to answer questions in the topic feeds and work back through them so I am only looking at recent questions about 10% of the time. There has been the odd occasion I thought "Wow that was fast for a MHO" but have to be honest I didn't notice any common factor like the asker's age - I have always felt the whole MHO process was flawed but it is one of those ones, I am not too sure of a way around it maybe a 24 hour delay on being allowed to award MHO but then they mightn't bother. I honestly feel that the true MHO awards are very low numerically sometimes when I get a MHO it seems like I was just in right place at right time rather than the quality of my answer,

• Yeah I have noticed. Then again they are young and not acclimated to acting like an adult, making reasonable and responsible decisions.

• I always found that weird, it discourages people from adding additional input.

• When some users get the VALIDATION they seek quickly, they just give away the MHO I suppose.

• Yes, I suppose that is a big part of why they answer so quickly. Most in that age group aren't here for advice from us old folks, but just to get validation.. as soon as someone, usually in their age group, agrees with them, why wait for anything more thoughtful?

• Yup pretty much! Silly people. :-P

#SillyKids

• I have noticed that a lot of gag member decide on MH within the hour

• Your question is simple and deep at the same time. Or maybe it's just me looking at the question from another perspective.

• I can't really say shit , mine is not much better.

• I take forever to give MHO. I don't even like giving it. :/

• I've only given 2 mhos and it was after a few days since no one responded and ya

• And why is that a problem?

• This is, or was originally, an advice site. If you aren't listening to most of the answers.. it's more like a playpen Facebook attitude.

• People still get their answers. So it still counts.

• their questions theirr choice i guess, free will what ya gonna do? : )

• Nothing to be done, just to notice they aren't here to listen to any advice, really.

• yessssssssssssssssss