What's your view about private profiles?

Gotta be honest, as a stalker, I hate them! Hahahah

Most Helpful Guy

• Alright, I'll do all of you guys a favor... being someone with a private profile, it's not really that private and I know that... I present you stalkers with the help of a tech geek! :D

1) Go to Google and type this:

intext:"THE_USERNAME_YOU_WANT_TO_STALK" +site:*. girlsaskguys. com

So, if I'll use this on myself,

intext:"DBAOracle" +site:*. girlsaskguys. com

All their posts will pop right up!! Enjoy! :P

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• I understand why females make it private, but no idea why dudes would.
    Ain't like other guys gonna send guys a dick pic...

• Hahahahaha but girls shouldn't care about it that much, they can just ignore or block the message

• Some people get irritated cause they like the notification popup, but when they check it out and it's some creep its like bleeeeehhhh.

• Damn... i wanted to ask that question too... I usually don't stalk people... but if i see someone and we get into it... i would like to run through their profile to get more ammo to fire back. Private profiles make that harder.
    Irony of it is that its usually people with private profiles that do most of the stalking... the way i see it... if you don't have to balls to be an open book, we don't need to hear anything from you.
    Same thing with posting anonymous... if you believe in what you are saying, stand by it... post as yourself... let people associate that opinion to your belief.
    My point of view is If a person a private profile, they are just wusses... afraid people would see them for who they are and they already know they suck... no awesomeness to be found. (and they are stalkers as well)

• I think they make people who aren't formally anonymous, effectively anonymous, since we don't know anything about them except their gender and approximate age..\

And that mostly defeats the purpose of an advice site. Most of these people, I guess, are only here to tag friends, as if this site were Facebook.

• I have a troll on me that followed me over here from another web site a long time ago a guy I kicked out when I was a mod over there which he so had it coming because he had threatened to call peoples homes and send out there nudes to churches, he even put there address on a web site, he is real good at finding information. He tried to stalk me and find out where I live, I had no choice but to go private he likes to steel pics and all

• Holy cow. At what point can you call the police in a situation like that?

• I don't like them. I understand the need for women to go private to block the crap that gets sent to them. But when we cannot see things like country, it puts us at a big disadvantage to answer without having an idea what the customs and laws are that apply to the Asker.

And Amy, you are a wonderful stalker. I hope to be around when you turn 18 so I can stalk you. lol

• I can see the point of them for certain people especially the younger female users but from my own personal point of view as an old guy I don't have many problems with stalkers in fact I feel sorry for anybody who stalks me because I won't let them go LoL.
    There is a school of thought that private profiles protect you from weird messages but also a lot of people feel that just putting the only receive messages from people you follow will achieve same thing. I tend towards latter point of view.

• My profile is like my naked body. Not just anyone should be allowed to see it, I like to accept their request first lol.

• Its dissapointing to me if I thought their opinions were interesting and wanted to read more of them

• I don't care much one way or the other. I totally get why people do it but I just block anyone who bugs me too much.

• I would prefer them to be all public out of curiosity reasons like u do... but u never know what type of creepers and stalkers and issues someone has had in the past online.

• yeah I prefer seeing everything too but as a good stalker you know how to get their activity anyway... just use google for that :P

• They are just concerned because of stalkers, you know why :P

• You creepy stalker gaal :p

Befriend and follow the person you interested in

I have been stalked 3x by girls here in gag lol

• I see why some people have them. I keep myself pretty anonymous on her anyways, so I don't have a need for it

• I don't really bother looking at other's profiles; unless they follow me. In which case, I wonder why they followed me.

• Not much on it though? If you're a stalker, what's there to stalk though? xD

• Lol my profile is private

• Well I'm open, therefore so is my profile ☺

• My worst nightmare

• That's why profiles exist.
    If i see an intersting person, am all in.
    Deal with it xD

• Either belong to an ultra private person or a hoe, one or the other lol

• I hate private profile. Because of h
    Fakers I used private profile.

• Stalk me please? XD

• I don't really view anyone's profile, so... yeah.

• scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• I understand them lol, it would certainly be nice otherwise though amirite ;)

• You admitted to stalking? You creep lol XD :P

What Girls Said 17

• I find that there are two types of people with private profiles. Trolls who don't want people know what they post and people who have been harasses and want their privacy. The first group of people annoy me. I respect the second group's privacy.

• Lol I kindle apply to both

• i'm kinda like the first group. but i keep mine's private because a lot of my most popular opinions that flash on the profile page are controversial opinions from two years ago that don't really reflect my views anymore.

• @springocelot I'm okay with fun trolls who are at least funny, but when they're like old men pretending to be young girls, hate trolls, or some other variation I do not like them.

Oh really? Maybe you should send a suggestion to GaG that only the most popular opinions from the last year should be used!

• I really enjoy stalking too, so obviously I'm not a big fan of private profiles 😒 But I understand why some people make them private.

• I had to get a private profile with an obviously fake picture after I was legitimately stalked by someone who is still an active user on this website.

• Haha I don't know, mine used to be public but the creepy perves messages started annoying me, thought it was the best way to get rid of them! But since I follow back everyone it didn't really work 😅

• I recently changed mine to private for personal reasons. But I'm like you, I like to stalk certain people too!

• Lol um... I don't care! I don't have my things on private! haha

• Eh, I understand why people have them. I changed my profile to private a couple months ago. I like it that way. But it's nice when someone profile isn't private lol.

• I have absolutely no time whatsoever for them.. Period

If by some remote chance I don't like someone, I quite simply block them.

• I'm fine with them. I keep mine private. If I'm really that interested, I'll add someone.

• I have mine on private so that the pervs don't message me often. I hate getting messages asking me for nudes and stuff. But if you add me and i know you well then I will accept your follow request. :)

• that's exactly why mine is private, ha!

• Well you can always follow them :p

• Not any worse then all these anon posters.

• I'm with you xD Hate them, I love secretly stalking people's profiles <3

• Hmmm I never check profiles should I start hmmm

• Dey respect demselves 👼🏻

• I am a private person, so I like mine private. I tried being more open when I first joined, but I was tired of all the pervy PMs I got, that I didn't want. As for other's profile, it doesn't matter. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I hated them.