How are some users able to get past being reported?

There are some users who are now gurus who I have seen made multiple antagonistic comments and violated the rules yet their account still managed to not be deleted

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because popular users have more followers and are click bait which makes the site money. They're called power users and it's in the sites best interest to keep them around.

Most Helpful Girl

• erm I once got suspended... yeah I can't ! Please don't report me! I am an innocent little apple that all! hahah

What Guys Said 10

• It's like this if a cop gets arrested for doing something bad his cop buddies will get him out of trouble so here if a high profile user gets in trouble his buddies will get him out of trouble by using their influence.

• From what I know you seem to have to really cross the line to get your account deleted - I myself stay away from the live feed so in a way I miss a lot of the drama that goes on - I think you have to look after yourself and find your way to the smoothest path through the site

• Cause I sold my soul to the devil and he has to overlook it or I'll demand my soul back.

• It's a lot if work for the mods to find all these comments and questions

• I didn't even know your account could get deleted for it... just report the comments and they should get removed

• Because I'm just flat out awesome and immune to being deleted.

• I'm not a guru, but I have had a lot of comments removed, sometimes unjustly. But let me ask you a question. Should we have capital punishment for illegal parking?

• Let me know when you find out. I'm getting poetry deleted every day. It's a scandal.

• Just block people if they bother you that much.

• I do block people

• I dont know who gets reported or what, or how you get banned lol

I just know i seen where you can block people, or report their comments yourself.

• noooooooooooooooo

What Girls Said 7

• I have actually yet to see anyone get banned. I'm not even sure that people do get banned, because the same horrible people keep coming back.

• People don't get banned they just get their accounts deleted
      They can come back if they use a different email

• Exactly. There's no point to even doing it.

• They don't ban people THAT easily.

• Not every opinion, comment, or question gets reported. Even those that are flagged aren't always removed. That's at the admins' discretion.

• I've no clue. I'm new to gag.

• But their comments/questions/opinions get deleted right?

• It's the internet there is no plausible reason.

• They don't delete the account If you post something against the rules. They simply delete that post

• If you violate the rules over and over again they will delete your account
      They send warning messages