How are some users able to get past being reported?

There are some users who are now gurus who I have seen made multiple antagonistic comments and violated the rules yet their account still managed to not be deleted

0|0
8|11

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because popular users have more followers and are click bait which makes the site money. They're called power users and it's in the sites best interest to keep them around.

4|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• erm I once got suspended... yeah I can't ! Please don't report me! I am an innocent little apple that all! hahah

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• It's like this if a cop gets arrested for doing something bad his cop buddies will get him out of trouble so here if a high profile user gets in trouble his buddies will get him out of trouble by using their influence.

2|1
    0|0
  • From what I know you seem to have to really cross the line to get your account deleted - I myself stay away from the live feed so in a way I miss a lot of the drama that goes on - I think you have to look after yourself and find your way to the smoothest path through the site

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause I sold my soul to the devil and he has to overlook it or I'll demand my soul back.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's a lot if work for the mods to find all these comments and questions

1|0
    0|0
  • I didn't even know your account could get deleted for it... just report the comments and they should get removed

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I'm just flat out awesome and immune to being deleted.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a guru, but I have had a lot of comments removed, sometimes unjustly. But let me ask you a question. Should we have capital punishment for illegal parking?

0|0
    0|0
  • Let me know when you find out. I'm getting poetry deleted every day. It's a scandal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just block people if they bother you that much.

0|0
    0|0
    • I do block people

• I dont know who gets reported or what, or how you get banned lol

I just know i seen where you can block people, or report their comments yourself.

• noooooooooooooooo

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I have actually yet to see anyone get banned. I'm not even sure that people do get banned, because the same horrible people keep coming back.

0|0
    0|0
    • People don't get banned they just get their accounts deleted
      They can come back if they use a different email

• Exactly. There's no point to even doing it.

• They don't ban people THAT easily.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not every opinion, comment, or question gets reported. Even those that are flagged aren't always removed. That's at the admins' discretion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've no clue. I'm new to gag.

0|0
    0|0
  • But their comments/questions/opinions get deleted right?

0|2
    0|0
  • It's the internet there is no plausible reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't delete the account If you post something against the rules. They simply delete that post

0|0
    0|0
    • If you violate the rules over and over again they will delete your account
      They send warning messages