What is the point of posting anon. If their are so many rules?

For example when you answer a question anon. You not only can't @people but people you've blocked, can also comment on your post. Seems kind of counter intuitive, doesn't it. You blocked that person for a reason. Why should they be able to post in your answer, just because you're answering anonymously

Sorry title should be there not their

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just there to hide your identity for personal reasons... or for trolls.

• Yeah but why should I go anon if there are so many rules that go along with it

• Well, I guess one thing is that blocked people may figure out who you are if they cannot comment. Perhaps they are discouraging the feature by limiting those options as well. Maybe you can create another question with a poll asking users if they'd like the tagging feature for anonymous posters or something.

• They used to, but trolls and complainers, complained. I never complained, so, why should I be punished?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think site wants you to only use anon sparingly not wholesale that would be my theory just for the private stuff - "I have a crush on my teacher" sort of posts.

• Isn't that the point though, most anon's are trolling, with questions like that

• And I'm saying, if there's going to be an anon option, why are there rules attached to it?

• That is a very fair point - I suppose standard rules per question posting make sense just maybe the site are more stringent when it comes to Anon for example any question that contains a tag from a named user in a good/bad sense is a member post which contravenes the literal rules but negative tagging is more likely to happen in Anon posts so that is why there is an auto block - I think the Anon rules are preemptive rather than a thought out restriction if you get my drift. Allowing the blocked people that could compromise your anonymity as the blocked person has an idea of who anon is now.
      The site has so many facets and users that quite often you will find rules that seem strange or you outright don't agree with. I go with the premise that if you try to figure it out, it would wreck your head and if the site seems more good than bad then I am happy enough.

What Girls Said 2

• Because its for hiding your identity but now its a playing tool for trolls.

• because it's fun.

• That's not a legit answer

• But it's not a legit one

• Do you know what the word legit means?

What Guys Said 4

• Honestly, what I don't get is posting as Anon and uploading a picture of yours... so you hide your digital identity to reveal your physical one?

• Peace of mind, maybe?

• anon is sad.

• Bc if they are blocked on an anonymous post then they'll know its u.