Moderators removed my post asking if do you think it's OK for relatives to marry, yet they can ask if homosexuals can marry?

What is seems to be abundantly clear is that GAG is pushing the gay agenda. GAG evidenly wants society to believe that it's OK for two of the same sex to marry obviously they're approving of those questions. However the coin flips should the question is it OK for relatives to marry. Then suddenly the GAG rules apply? Talk about the hight of HYPOCRICY and I smell a rat. I guess my question didn't meet the moderator's standards of perversion?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you raise a good point. Once the LGBTQ+ people began pushing for redefining marriage, it couldn't help but beg the question of "where does this end?" Who is to say marriage shouldn't include 3 people? Or family members? So I understand your frustration with the current PC intolerance when it comes to the question you were trying to raise. Because if there's anything we know about the PC culture, it's that it is anything but tolerant when it comes to dissenting views.

• What is funny is that a lot of the people that act most offended about the comparison of homosexuality and incest in a few years will be the ones fighting for the rights of incest in order to prove they are more moral and open minded than the conservatives that will naturally still be against it.

• thanks for MHO!

• You got it you're welcome!

What Girls Said 15

• I think your question exceeded the moderator's standards of handling incest.
    If you're thinking homosexuality is worse than fucking one of your own relatives, you've got more serious issues of your own to worry about than the moderation of this site.

(ps. how is failing to remove posts of any type 'pushing' any sort of agenda on you or other users? It's not like the mod-team is forcing you to look at these posts. You do that on your own free will.)

• It's not thinking that it's worse than banging your own relative my dear I'm knowing that it is. Homosexuality isn't natural however two of the opposite sex mingling beneath the sheets is. And for the fact they are cherry picking what stays and what goes between the topics cries out they must have a agenda all.

• oh boy. If your best defense is that incest is 'natural', you've got issues. Incest is natural maybe for people who want to be wiped out by natural selection.
      It's called genetic variation, I advise that you read up on it.

• Really? Got google? www.reddit.com/.../

Couples and Their Offspring, 11 J. Genet. Couns. 97 (2002). In fact, the genetic justification for the taboo/restriction against incest is relatively new.
      That said, the increased risk of birth defects is greatly exaggerated. The risk of a serious birth defect between unrelated parents is 3 to 4 percent. The risk between related parents is 4.7 to 6.8 percent.* While the risk is increased, it is not a drastic increase. The real risk comes if incest continues for multiple generations in a family.
      My numbers come from Robin Bennet et al, Genetic Counseling and Screening of Consanguineous Couples and Their Offspring, 11 J. Genet. Couns. 97 (2002).
      I'm not trying to justify incest (I have a sister, so I find the idea disturbing). However, after reading about incest and the historical context for the taboo, I have realized that we do not have a single solid justification for making incest a crime.

• Oh god -.- PLEASE don't compare incest to homosexuality. These are two completely different things.

• Spoken like a true leftist. Two different things with the same moral principals you mean except that incest could be arguably more naturally defined by nature.

• GAG must have given you MHO, I can't honestly tell you that it didn't come from me!

• Umm, I don't have the MHO on this question.

• 1. I don't think they should remove incest questions.
    2. Wtf do incest and homosexuality have in common?
    3. It's not hypocrisy. People ask questions about straight marriage all the time. The "opposite" of gay marriage would be straight marriage, not incest.

• Slippery slope fallacy as usual, people tend to claim "if homosexuality is legal now, then that means people will soon marry goats and sheep"

• The "embarassment" you speak of is only because of the still lingering homophobia in your culture, it's somewhat awkward to take that primarily into consideration. The more it becomes generally accepted, the less people will have a reason to feel "embarassed" about it, which is what your supposed "gay agenda" is about: being accepted

• @Mesonfielde Wrong. It's not homophobia of my generation no more than it would be pedophobia in yours. You have a twisted view of how things are suppose to work. There is a reason boys were born as boys and girls were born as girls which is why two boys or two girls can't have children together. There should be no mystery in that unless you've been indoctrinated which you clearly have been.

• 6|2
    • And as a Christian, i have to apologize for my fellow Christians who are narrow-minded, judgmental, deceptive and manipulative who denied rights, equality, and the right to marry whom they please so they can be happy to so many in the name of God.

• Oh. You again. i dont know. That i would like to watch you teach hatred and animosity instead of love peace. Now tell me. When has hate and violence ever solved anything? I will bring the popcorn with extra butter.

• By the way, the god from the muslim faith known as Allah and the god from the christian faith known as God are the same people!! It's amazing what you learn by getting an education and spreading knowledge instead of animosity and hostility. I believe it was nelson mandela who said, "education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

• WTF IS THIS? are you serious!

• WTF IS THIS isn't a answer. And how about you are you serious!

• No incest question posts allowed. Read the rules.

• Explicit – These are posts that contain depictions of overly graphic violence or sexually explicit details (text, images, videos or links) that are considered poor quality content. Full nudes and posts that encourage or glorify bestiality/incest are removed as explicit. Sexual responses to non-sexual Questions are also removed for this reason.
      Pictures that cover genitals and women's nipples are allowed. .

• And what is the bases for their rules were they based on morals? Because the topic of homosexual marriage questions are all over this site posted daily. Sounds much like hypocrisy, wait a second, that's because it IS hypocrisy.

• I don't waste my time philosophising on their reasons.

• "Full nudes and posts that encourage or glorify bestiality/incest are removed as explicit. "
    The mod who had removed your post felt that it goes against this guideline. There is nothing in the guidelines that say the same for homosexuality. If you want to take a look at the full set of guidelines you can find them here:
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators
    If you have an issue with the way the guidelines are presented I would recommend contacting the staff instead posting a question about it:
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• And that's cherry picking and it has gay agenda written all over it.

• Like I said if you have an issue with the guidelines I would recommend you talk to one of the admins.

• Has nothing to do with any agenda. It clearly states in the rules that posts about incest are not allowed.

• I know what the rules say and I also know they left somethings they obviously should have included under the forbidden rules. Get it?

• Left out.

• Relatives marrying is not even close.

Relatives marrying is forbidden because incest causes genetic defects. This argument is almost as dumb as "if gays can get married then why can't I marry a child?".

• It's just a fallacious slippery slope of dumbness. I'm not even going to get started on it.

• I don't need any studies because I personally know some that were raised under a gay parent.

• No sources, no studies, no dice.

• Well...

One of those things is Legal North America and Europe...

and one of them isn't.

• So you're mad that they removed a troll question?

• Yes I am because I posted it to prove a point, maybe not a point to gag'er but one to myself. But as it turns out I proved it anyway, because all those that showed up on this question to prove they have a double set of standards.

• So you're admitting that it was a troll question.

• Well, first of all, people of the same sex can't have babies other than adopting, but with people with very close DNA, there is a higher chance for them to have handicapped babies. So, people tell other people to not have sex with their relatives, but don't always tell why, so it might be why you're asking that question now. But I don't now how to answer the question that is: what about a couple of the same sex, and, relatives?

• Hold up now. You pointed out homosexuals can't naturally have babies. That's not a flaw in creation it's because two of the same gender wasn't designed for each other and they aren't suppose to have to have babies and that's because they designed to have intimate relations and aren't suppose to be marring each other either. That's why they can't have babies.

Now when it comes to two normal people of the opposite sex even if they're related, yes they can have children that have birth defects, but they could also have normal healthy children too where as two of the same gender can't because they aren't suppose to be together is why.

• Sorry for taking so much time to respond. But anyways, I do understand your point of view, but I still think that is why it is not allowed for relatives to get married.

• No problem however the increased risk of birth defects is greatly exaggerated. The risk of a serious birth defect between unrelated parents is 3 to 4 percent. The risk between related parents is 4.7 to 6.8 percent.* While the risk is increased, it is not a drastic increase. Those numbers come from Robin Bennet et al, Genetic Counseling and Screening of Consanguineous Couples and Their Offspring, 11 J. Genet. Couns. 97 (2002).

• Honestly, I don't think you can put homosexuality and incest in the same boat. They're not related to each other at all. I know that I would never take part in any incestuous activity, however I'm not actually sure it is morally wrong. You see, throughout history and the animal kingdom, incest was pretty common. Family members would marry and have children with their families to keep their bloodline pure, to expand the population, and for other reasons. To be perfectly clear, I'M NOT INTERESTED IN INCEST AT ALL AND I'M NEITHER SAYING IT'S RIGHT NOR WRONG. The main thing here though, is that homosexuality and incest are not related.

• No you really can't put them in the same boat because homosexuality is not a natural act.

• Actually homosexuality occurs in nature. It's not that rare. Some species, other than humans, can be homosexual. There's even a kid's book about two gay penguins from a zoo who raised a baby penguin (It's a true story). Homosexuality isn't something new to the natural world.

• Animals don't have the thinking capability humans do. Animals being gay is nothing more than a gay agenda argument. Gays are like scorned little children when they don't get their way.

• Now how the fuck is incest the same as gay? Two dudes fucking aren't going to produce a deformed child.

• But you conveniently left out why it is that two dudes f****** won't produce a deformed child and that's because they can't even produce children and why, because two dudes weren't suppose to be f****** to begin with because genders were designed for their opposites, that's why.

• Straight people fuckin in a kiddy park wouldn't exactly be good for kids either.
      What's a known fact is hiv is spread because morons don't use protection. Can't blame gays because somebody decided not to wrap it and another person agreed with that.
      There's no assurance kids will be deformed, but there's a good chance, so don't do it.
      For real, are you that desperate to fuck your sister? If so, get help, don't be mad at gay guys.

• I'm not the one going around thinking perverse acts are natural, it's not me needing help, that happens to be you, you do.

• Gay marriage is legal and there is nothing wrong with it. Marrying relatives is a bit messed up. So your point being?

• Gay marriage is only legal because gays pushed their agenda and had those laws removed. Not even 10 years ago the act of two homosexuals engaging in sex was illegal.

• What does pointing out that there are no longer any sodomy laws in the United States have to do with anything? Sodomy used to be illegal. Now it's not, because people realized that was a stupid-ass law. Gay marriage used to be illegal. Now it's not. Because people realized that was a stupid-ass law. Inter-racial marriage used to be illegal. Now it's not. Because people realized that was a stupid-ass law. Owning other human beings used to be legal. Now it's not. Because people realized that it was stupid and SHOULD be a law. Humanity may be slow to get their shit together, but at least they do slowly move towards more morally defensible behaviour. Some people just need to be dragged towards moral progress kicking and screaming because they benefit from the bigotry.

Also, when someone says that two people having sex does not affect you personally in any way, yelling about sodomy and not actually dealing with their point makes you sound like a fanatic.

• @BearsAnswers slowly move towards more morally defensible behaviour? Some people just need to be dragged towards moral progress kicking and screaming because they benefit from the bigotry?

Note to you because you don't have the wherewithal to figure it out on your own. Murder is now being made legal and soon rape will follow. Now you must ask yourself when they see you as being none useful and crowding their earth you will be among the 6 billion they plan on killing off the face of it. Why? Because like all the other mindless blinded indoctrinated brats across the earth though that step one in the indoctrinating process was ok not realizing that soon the regretted steps 2,3,4,5 and so on would naturally follow. But you will never figure that out.

What Guys Said 20

• I think that is a fair point - If a discussion can be handled sensibly and maturely then certain questions can be allowed - I think perception about the questions might be the issue rather than the question itself - I don't honestly believe their is a background agenda - I think it is a fear of how the question might be received as opposed to the text or intent of the question that might influence the decisions of mods.

• The question was being discussed and handled sensibly, but it was removed and I think gay marriage is their agenda. So we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

• That's okay with me.

• You're an idiot, homosexuality doesn't cause birth defects... That's why relatives having that kind of relationship is frowned upon. It's also a stupid comparison to even attempt to make as homosexuality is essentially the same as heterosexuality. It's as healthy, it's as natural, it's as legal and it's a basic human right.

• No you're the idiot because I never said homosexuals could have kids much less cause birth defects.

• Look Mr. zero IQ, if you don't know what sex you are and obviously you must not, drop your pants and take a look and that's what you are. From there there is no picking to it and if there is it's because YOU picked it not because that's what you are. Now who's the moron?

• You are. Haha 'zero IQ' you'd be embarrassed to know my IQ is actually rather high, even though it isn't a great determining factor for intelligence. Again you have missed the point I was making, no one chooses their sexuality same as you didn't pick your gender. I'm a straight male because I have a penis and am attracted to women, but not all guys are sexually attracted to women... that's what being gay is.

• Yes, this site and most other sites on the internet push liberalism. It's in the Terms of Use at most sites. It's not specifically stated in the ToU at this site, but that's how it's interpreted.

This is not about whether homosexuality is OK or not. It's about what is generally a liberal agenda vs a conservative agenda. A liberal agenda is enforced by the rules at most sites on the internet. It's not opinion, it's simply the truth, unless someone wants to claim that gay acceptance is conservative, which I don't think anyone is going to claim.

On top of that, this site has tons of mods and they are going to make different decisions.

Also, I have no idea what was removed. If it was written in an offensive way, it violates the rules regardless of the topic.

• No it was a question simply asking is it ok for dads to marry daughter mom to marry sons or sisters to marry brothers.

• very interesting. people should be able to marry who they want. you can't help who you are attracted to. i think i agree with you if we are talking about equality then two consenting adults should be allowed to marry gay straight or related.

• Well I don't think there's any harm in asking, whether you agree with it or not.

• let's try to frame your question as something you might more easily understand:

The gay marriage equivalent question: "Is it okay to shoot a terrorist if he is an american?"

The incest equivalent question: "Is it okay to shoot my kids if I raised them to be terrorists?"

do you see the difference?

• How about we see if you can easily understand. It looks that all your wheels are not turning in the same direction.

• It's improper not intended.

• "intended" is a religious argument, as you must think there is some higher power with such intentions. What is your non-religious argument?

• No, it's just that any questions about incest and beastiality are typically removed as "explicit". Although I actually haven't seen that rule in the latest guidelines.

You can always ask them what's up in the contact form at the bottom of the page, they actually tend to answer queries like that as long as you aren't yelling at them.

• Common sense says that either homosexuality or incest based on their own rules should call under explicit. So why are they cherry picking?

• fall under their own rules

• No, they aren't really the same thing at all. Homosexuality is not encouraged by GAG, but not discouraged either. I stand by neutrality on this matter. Incest is a problem due to the increased risk of genetic disorders resurfacing in offspring, and therefore discouraged I think. And bestiality is just generally illegal.

I think even the "is it normal to call my boyfriend daddy" questions are kinda pushing it too, but those aren't actually incest.

• I do not support the removal of incest topic even though it's not my thing.
    What two people want to do with their lives isn't for me to say...

• Because the mods are out to get you :)

• What's really annoying is how I can't ask questions about homosexual incest yet other people can ask questions about their favourite music.

• Wow. 45 years old. Is this the best thing you can do during the day on a Tuesday?

I feel sorry for you sir.

• You feel sorry for me because I posted this during the middle of your day with you thinking this was all I had to do and you responded to it? Now let's talk about you and where you were when you answered it.

• Lol. What you wanna know where I been each second during the day?

You are a strange weird person. This is not normal behavior.

• No it's not a normal behavior for today's twisted minded society is it.

• The only connection between incest and gay marriage is that now it is legal for two brothers to marry.

• No I don't think it's not legal for two brothers to marry either homosexual or not.

• Like marry your cousin? So what? It's nit healthy but it's not wrong

• Fucking someone who has the same genitalia as you doesn't create fucked up kids.

• No it don't create f***** kids because unnatural acts against nature weren't designed to create kids. However when two homosexuals involve kids such as adoption they can't make kids but they can sure mess up the kids minds.

• Born homosexuals? You have been brainwashed by the leftist crowd, they own your mind already.

• are you fucking stupid. why would anyone in their mind want to be gay if they get bullied for it?

• Because homosexuality does not cause genetic deformations.

• No it only caused millions of deaths by spreading hiv into the straight population infecting straight people including babies.

• We don't know for sure who was the first carrier. For all we know, cats passed it onto humans.

• Depends how you asked this, bad comparison and you don't own this site nor does it abide by the right to free speech.

• You're right I don't own this site, but don't let if fly over your head what makes this site go either, that would be the users. And if enough users like me for example leave this site, all that will be left will be the leftist to eat away at each others flesh and morals.

• Yes the far right have morals, you have thick skin and the pope is Jewish.

• 0|0
  • I would say they are being very hypocritical. In both cases we are talking about adults making a decision to have sex with another adult, and being judged for it making them good comparisons. Throughout recorded history incest has actually been more common than homosexuality. To act like it shouldn't be talked about in an open manner shows the intolerance and ignorance of society. Too many people think that the word "tolerance" means "change your mind and believe what I believe. The issue of morality is always something that should be open for discussion, whether we agree with it or not.

• I that must mean those at Harvard are closet pedophiles and zoophiles because I'm willing to almost bet you if they were asked about either they would be just as opposed to that subject as those that are opposed to homosexuals. And you have it in their own words they are closet pedos a zoophiles.

• And I have to say that must mean those at Harvard are closet pedophiles and zoophiles because I'm willing to almost bet you if they were asked about either they would be just as opposed to that subject as those that are opposed to homosexuals. And you have it in their own words they are closet pedos a zoophiles.

• I agree that is following the same logic. Clearly what they are trying to do is make people feel too ashamed to speak up. Shaming people into silence is a common tactic. It is also where the phrase "real man" comes from. They basically claim that any guy that doesn't agree with them isn't a real man. I can't stand these shaming tactics. It completely destroys any chance of an open dialogue for either side.

• That's cause homosexual marriage, is now legal. So, that's fine

Why would incest ever be made legal

• Same moral principal applies. So why would homosexuality ever be made legal?

• I got your point. The only reason homosexuality is legal is because they infiltrated gov positions indoctrinating society to think it's normal.

• Because it is. People are born that way. And they finally recognized that. All people are created equal

• Yeah they saw that as offensive to gays probably.

• Probably so since gays are the agenda.

• Hmm. No I didn't. But why then were the Egyptians and other civilizations dying out because they had kids with family members?

• I don't know much about the Egyptians and I doubt unless it's written down in carved stone like the Ancient Scrolls that anyone today really knows much either other than their assumptions. I suspect the whole birth defect thing was hyped in order to prevent polygamy.